• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

help wanted for two maps and counting

What do you think of this map? choose all that apply

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Um, well this was odd. I played and started out with no gold and all the towers and builders cost gold! This excludes the hero of course, but the towers he builds also cost gold. And the units are too strong and too fast to kill with a Level 1 hero. Since you don't have a way to build towers, you don't have a way to get gold. Without gold, you can't build towers. You should start out with some gold. That makes me laugh at that "too much money is given" option in your poll here.

Also, why is it when units go into the Way Gate, the total amount of lives shown is a negative number? It seems has if you start out with 0 lives and there is no defeat condition. (Played on easy difficulty.)

Map needs a little fixing I think. :eekani:

Level 7
Um, well this was odd. I played and started out with no gold and all the towers and builders cost gold! This excludes the hero of course, but the towers he builds also cost gold. And the units are too strong and too fast to kill with a Level 1 hero. Since you don't have a way to build towers, you don't have a way to get gold. Without gold, you can't build towers. You should start out with some gold. That makes me laugh at that "too much money is given" option in your poll here.

Also, why is it when units go into the Way Gate, the total amount of lives shown is a negative number? It seems has if you start out with 0 lives and there is no defeat condition. (Played on easy difficulty.)

Map needs a little fixing I think. :eekani:
hmmmm, when i played it everything was fine, exept the ending point, that was kinda wired. defeat condition happend after you run out of lives and it goes into negatives until it shows the message. which has a little delay

Level 30
If you need help with polishing your map, tooltips and aesthetics, you can count on me. I also gave myself the freedom to modify the appearance of your first post, since you use too many colors that stab the eyes. Good luck with project! :wink:
Invaders TD
Tower Defense
v 1.0

By: dragoon431

Project Team:
Name of MemberCurrent Activity
dragoon431Creator of the Map
DVendettaTriggerer/Cinematics
AnShaTerrainer

Project Testers:
Name of Member
ZlolZ
Slayer14
Dragonis431

The Story:
November 28th, year of Dragons, entry by Apheraz Lucent
"We encountered some monstrosities recently. They are not like anything we saw before - they emit brightly burning red light. Some had stings, some were heavily deformed or mutated, and some were fashioning such pieces of armors none of our best blacksmiths could create. Those creatures - they were all deadly, with their devilish swords that when swung, caused sorrow across our lands. I don't know how much we can resist their attacks."

December 12th, year of Dragons, entry by Anaya Lucent
"Our heroes have... fallen... Even thought we, the people of the Silver Triad city, fought fiercely and with stunning bravery, we lost. Only few of us remained alive, and we retreated to the Heaven's Gate. I don't know history of it's name, but these creatures are attracted to it, in an attempt of seeking something with purpose we don't know. Celestial guardians spoke to us, after my mother was killed, among many others. They need our protection, for the sake of the world and future. They also said that we will have our revenge.
Hey! People of the Silver Triad! Let's end this wretchedness!"

Features:
We did our best to give you something worth playing.

Over 100 levels - with no resting in between!
New and unique ideas!
A secret place!
New towers!
A lot more!

About Invaders TD:
It's the best to use two different builders and grow strong before you encounter the Boss Stage. If you succeed in finding the Secret Place, you will get a lot of help in defeating harder levels.

Map Previews:
Coming soon, please be patient!

Support Us!
Write a post in here with your opinion about this map, balance, visuals, ideas - everything is welcome in here! If you are interested in helping this project develop, tell us what you're good at. Maybe you'll be the gem of this project.

Special Thanks:
Thanks to everyone who's helping me, or providing me with support. Helpers are listed in here, and if I forgot someone, please notify me so that I can add you up.

Reviewers and Support:
ksStr, Orcnet, ZlolZ, Slayer14, AnSah, DVendetta, Apheraz.

Models:
Forgotten_Warlord - Fire Sword, Water Blade.
EvilCrizpy - Mage Helmet.
paladinjst - Guard Armor Stormwind.
Sunchips - Red Plate Helmet, Crown Boots, Red Dragon Scale Mail.

Download Link:
Instant download link

My other projects:
Rise of the Undead
[indent][center][size=6][b][COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="7"]I[/SIZE]nvaders TD[/COLOR][/b][/size]
[size=4][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tower Defense
v 1.0

By: [U]dragoon431[/U][/size][/b][/color]

[COLOR="PaleGreen"][/COLOR]

[COLOR="PaleGreen"]Project Team:[/COLOR]
[table][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Name of Member[/COLOR][c][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Current Activity[/COLOR][r]dragoon431[c]Creator of the Map[r]DVendetta[c]Triggerer/Cinematics[r]AnSha[c]Terrainer[/table]

[COLOR="PaleGreen"]Project Testers:[/COLOR][table][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Name of Member[/COLOR][r]ZlolZ[r]Slayer14[r]Dragonis431[/table]

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]The Story:[/size][/b][/color]
November 28th, year of Dragons, entry by Apheraz Lucent
"We encountered some monstrosities recently. They are not like anything we saw before - they emit brightly burning red light. Some had stings, some were heavily deformed or mutated, and some were fashioning such pieces of armors none of our best blacksmiths could create. Those creatures - they were all deadly, with their devilish swords that when swung, caused sorrow across our lands. I don't know how much we can resist their attacks."

December 12th, year of Dragons, entry by Anaya Lucent
"Our heroes have... fallen... Even thought we, the people of the Silver Triad city, fought fiercely and with stunning bravery, we lost. Only few of us remained alive, and we retreated to the Heaven's Gate. I don't know history of it's name, but these creatures are attracted to it, in an attempt of seeking something with purpose we don't know. Celestial guardians spoke to us, after my mother was killed, among many others. They need our protection, for the sake of the world and future. They also said that we will have our revenge.
Hey! People of the Silver Triad! Let's end this wretchedness!"

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Features:[/size][/b][/color]
We did our best to give you something worth playing.

Over 100 levels - with no resting in between!
New and unique ideas!
A secret place!
New towers!
A lot more!

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]About Invaders TD:[/size][/b][/color]
It's the best to use two different builders and grow strong before you encounter the Boss Stage. If you succeed in finding the Secret Place, you will get a lot of help in defeating harder levels.

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Map Previews:[/size][/b][/color][hidden=Images]Coming soon, please be patient![/hidden][hidden="Video"][media=youtube]vhhEsd_BbV4[/media][/hidden]

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Support Us![/size][/b][/color]
Write a post in here with your opinion about this map, balance, visuals, ideas - everything is welcome in here! If you are interested in helping this project develop, tell us what you're good at. Maybe you'll be the gem of this project.

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Special Thanks:[/size][/b][/color]
Thanks to everyone who's helping me, or providing me with support. Helpers are listed in here, and if I forgot someone, please notify me so that I can add you up.

Reviewers and Support:
ksStr, Orcnet, ZlolZ, Slayer14, AnSah, DVendetta, Apheraz.

Models:
Forgotten_Warlord - Fire Sword, Water Blade.
EvilCrizpy - Mage Helmet.
paladinjst - Guard Armor Stormwind.
Sunchips - Red Plate Helmet, Crown Boots, Red Dragon Scale Mail.

[size=5][b][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Download Link:[/size][/b][/color]
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/project-recruitment-256/105369d1314125147-help-wanted-two-maps-counting-invaders-td.w3x]Instant download link[/url]

[b][COLOR="LightBlue"]My other projects:[/b][/color]
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/rise-undead-196127/]Rise of the Undead[/url][/center][/indent]

Last edited:
Level 3
wow, looks great, no offence DV, so are you asking to join the team?

don't worry dude, since you want a good map you always have to search for better people also apheraz is a great person. :D i want to check it after apheraz Re-work at it, i am still here if you want any help

You mean your first post?
Uh, this is like wearing a blindfold. Just look up to that post, and look in upper right corner which number that post is. This one is 59th, for an example.

i know it is kinda confusing however here is the map (#50) reply used (Good luck at re- balancing) views (3) map size (2.60) date and time (11-13-2011, 11:10 PM) i think you will find it now right? :ogre_haosis:

Level 7
don't worry dude, since you want a good map you always have to search for better people also apheraz is a great person. :D i want to check it after apheraz Re-work at it, i am still here if you want any help

i know it is kinda confusing however here is the map (#50) reply used (Good luck at re- balancing) views (3) map size (2.60) date and time (11-13-2011, 11:10 PM) i think you will find it now right? :ogre_haosis:

lol yeah alright, thx. and i copy and pasted -_- so it got rid of images, could you please resend the images?

Level 3
Do you want to see previews of what I have done in last half an hour, so that you can know what am I doing, does anything needs to be changed, and do you like it? If the answer for the last question is no, I am totally okay with that ;)

i want to see i want to see send it now please :ogre_kawaii:

Level 30
Well, let me explain this a little to you.

Polishing the game is a lengthy and very hard task. It is what makes the difference between a fail map and a stunning one. Polishing the map is divided in three stages: Object Data Polishing, Visual Polishing, and Balance Polishing.

I will do the first two for you. Afterwards, all you will need to do is to rebalance towers' damage and creeps' hit points.

Edit: Okay, I attached my current progress. Tell me what you like, what not, and others. So far, I was able to polish only a part the Night Elven race.

Attachments

• Invader's TD - Apheraz's Edit.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 30
Okay, since I am a part of this project, let me do a quick... To-do list.

1. Apheraz finishes her Race polish.
2. dragoon431 rebalances races.
3. Apheraz does her creep polish.
4. dragoon431 rebalances creeps.

We also need someone to bring down map size, and optimizes it, as well as someone to implement a new loading screen, since we can pull out a little more quality than current. I can do all these tasks for you.

Also, you need to remake the terrain a little. It's impossible to pass it in 1 or 2 players on same lane, while the other is empty. The map does not have to be Hell, since this is Alien invasion and there's really nothing much you can do to get it to impressive level, like Ashenvale terrains can do. Seek a terrainer to get you some new ideas.

Afterwards, the map needs to be reviewed by several people who will also track bugs. We can upload it to the Map Section afterwards. When we reach that point, we will need a Map Description, which I can do, too (It affects overall rating).

Level 7
ok, sounds like we need way more beta testers then. i like the loading screen but if you have better i will take a look, i know how to bring donw map size, but if you want to do it go ahead. i am still waiting for AnSha to reply she is the terainer

Level 3
*EDIT: i have checked the map and did some changes lets check it:

1-Button Position of (Forest's Soul) changed from (1,0) to (3,0). Because elf is placed fourth in the tavern, if you want it (1,0) apheraz then switch the button with the undead.

2-Hotkey of (Forest's Soul) changed from (W) to (R).Because eld is placed fourth in the tavern, don't forget to change hotkey if you are going to change the button position

3-Removed "Player - Make |cff1FBF00Forest's Soul Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)" from all triggers.Because it is already stuck with only one food and there will be no nearby unit.

4-Fixed Count timer "First spawn & Boss spawn".Did a few changes in time so it could work perfectly and user-friendly.

5-Changed "Credits".Added apheraz to both cinematic credits and quest credits, also re arranged the quest credits.

6-Changed cinematic "when a player lose", added different cinematic "when a player win".I hope it works perfectly

7-Removed "Corrupted model".Map size now "2.29MB"

8-Added micro units beside "Hero taverns".Because apheraz has blocked the builder so i added those micro units to be able to buy heroes without the builder.

-I am currently working on making new loading screen and waiting the next polish to check it. Good luck guys.

Attachments

• Invaders TD- Re-Modified.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 3
Hey dragoon431, Im really sorry for not contacting you dudes for a long time, thing is I've being working on the biggest project I have ever touched yet: UHRP/UHRPG, I have being working on it alone, hoping that Lord-Anarki, who is creator of SotDRP, and also said he would help me with triggers would reply, but he hasn't so I kinda need help with triggers (Please no crappy GUI, only vJASS or JASS) so like if anyone reads this and would like to help me with this RP/RPG game please tell me by mailing to [email protected] Oh and that is the only way to get a sneak peak at the map :p lol

Level 7
happy

i am happy about the poll results, nobody thinks it's bad, improvement is obviously needed though. this makes me hopeful for a successful map. thx for all your help, once we finish the polishing and balancing, and the other problems stated in the forum, i would like to send out 3 copies for each member involved. let me clarify, each member can hand out a total of three copies to 3 different members. we each make a list of knowledgeable people, who will not rip us off and ask them to test. this will be our official first beta map

Example:
1:AnSha
2:Apheraz Lucent
3:DVendetta

after you post this list here i will give the ok for you to send the map out to your three candidates, each candidate we select we all must give rep to for Beta Testing our maps. which means 18 total rep given from all of us we do not give the map to eachother. understood?

Level 30
I worked for one hour, and this is what I got so far. Just a side note, to keep everything clean and clear, let's implement versions. This will only be used by three of us. Whenever you update a map and upload it, change the version by 1 digit. Easier to track down specific maps. This one is 0.1 - the next one will be 0.11, then 0.12, etc.

What I want to discuss are two very important things: Terrain and Theme.

Theme: Okay, aliens are alright, but you can't do much with them, and they absolutely step out of Warcraft feeling. I was thinking, and you can feel free to disagree with me, to unite the four races (more with time? (; ) against the Burning Legion, like they did once in the campaign. This can result in a better effect of atmosphere, while not going too far away from your main idea.

Terrain: I tried, and I failed that much. There is not a thing you can do with this type of terrain. If the theme is accepted, I would be very happy to remake the terrain. Since in campaign, the Burning Legion assaulted the World Tree - which is in Ashenvale forests, maybe we can get a stunning Night Elven terrain. I can do a lot more with it than with this... Dust and bones.

Updated so far:
New towers:
Ent, War Ent, Ancient Ent, Legendary Ent.
Druid, Elder Druid, Forest's Druid, Nature's Druid.
Emerald Crow, Emerald Chimera, Emerald Drake, Emerald Dragon.

I started to work on Orc Race.

New features: New preload system, new introduction system, creeps won't go for not playing players, cinematic systems, new difficulty system.

Level 3
i got that map tracking.And nice updates you are making. But that new features are confusing and i fell like missing them. anyway, i will keep track and check every version you will upload. Good luck at the theme and terrain.

Level 30
Well, nothing hard to understand:

New preload system: This system takes away few seconds in the beginning of the map, to preload all triggers and resources. What it does is that it prevents any lag and errors that can occur.

New introduction system: Simply a set of tips and messages displayed to players. There will be different tips for each player.

Creeps won't go for not playing players: If Blue and Teal players are the only one playing, creeps won't go for Red and Purple then. However, if player slots are computers, creeps will spawn.

Cinematic systems: Just some eyecandies to spice up the map's visual rating

New difficulty system: Easy, Normal and Hard now chance creep's characteristics.

I really hope we can change the theme and terrain.

Level 3
I got now the missing parts. I think we can try apheraz idea and change the theme and terrain and see the difference if they are bad, we will return to work on the main map but if they are good, we will complete on the changed map. anyway, apheraz go and change the Player leave category in the triggers.
  • leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 2 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 3 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 3 (Teal)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 4 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 4 (Purple)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 5 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Sound - Play Warning <gen>
      • Sound - Set volume of Warning <gen> to 100.00%
Just add a wait time action: "i prefer using 0.50 second"

• leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 2 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 3 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 3 (Teal)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 4 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: ((Name of Player 4 (Purple)) + |cffff0000Has Left The Game|r)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard[1] item in column 1, row 5 to Has Left
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Sound - Play Warning <gen>
      • Sound - Set volume of Warning <gen> to 100.00%

Level 30
I already got the new system, you have the triggers down there. I also created a new system which detects who is the DH of the game, meaning that not only Player Red is able to select difficulty, but if it's an empty slot, instead of displaying it for missing player, the difficulty choice is switched to the first active player slot.

Oh, and please don't use "Do Nothing" functions. It just draws valuable space, and it really does nothing. It will be pretty much same if you, instead of those actions, leave an empty spot.

I also created a new player color system, which will automatically color the names of players in game messages.
  • Detect Host
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Player 1 (Red) controller) Equal to None
              • (Player 1 (Red) controller) Equal to Computer
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to None
                  • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to Computer
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • (Player 3 (Teal) controller) Equal to None
                      • (Player 3 (Teal) controller) Equal to Computer
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Player 4 (Purple) controller) Equal to None
                          • (Player 4 (Purple) controller) Equal to Computer
                    • Then - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Set GameHost = Player 4 (Purple)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set GameHost = Player 3 (Teal)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set GameHost = Player 2 (Blue)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set GameHost = Player 1 (Red)

Level 3
thx to InfiniteAnswers for being the first official beta release. we will wait for as long as you like, +rep from me, and just post when your ready for the map

i don't think so, because the map is going to be changed and we can't make beta testing until apheraz give us stable version.

Status
Not open for further replies.