• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help creating Special Custom Altar for Hero Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello wonderful Hive! i am a map making amateur but I have created a few maps back in the day :)

Several years ago I tried making a very complex map that had wayyy too many triggers, and while they mostly worked, I was not any good at preventing leaks, which caused the game to lag

My problem (I think) was due to having a Special Custom Altar for summoning Heroes

The map I am working on is Altered Melee, so Im not looking to do anything super crazy here

What I want is to have an Altar that can train every standard-melee hero in the game, from any race including Neutral. Thats 24 heroes, plus a few extras.

When I created my triggers, I made the altar start with 5 options (one for each race) and clicking one of them upgrades the altar allowing players to choose 1 of 4 heroes for that race (or 8 for neutral). This worked fine, but I also needed the ability to switch between races so players wernt stuck with a race they didnt mean to pick. So I added another upgrade to go back to the first menu of choices. I think thats were the leaks are caused

If anybody can help me with this I would be really excited to be able to work on my map again. I havent worked on it for like 2-3 years but now that Reforged is about to release I thought it would be a good time to try making the map from scratch, in order to prevent leaks

theres a link to my old map if you want in my sig, let me know if you understand what I am trying to do or if its not possible THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.