• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Heaven's Fall 2 - Campaigns - The Poll

Which campaign should get focus first?

• Zear Fallen Campaign

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Freezing Legion Campaign

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Enlightened Tide Campaign

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Lost Tribe Campaign

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Voidspawn Campaign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Alliance Campaign

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • The Risen Campaign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanweld Campaign

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is only time for one campaign to be finished before the Heaven's Fall 2 release date, what should it be?

Fall of the Zear
Race: Zear Fallen
Two Orc brothers lose themselves amidst the sea, and must struggle to survive in the face of adversity. However, something unexpected happens and before long they are a changed people.

Northpact's Journey
Race: Freezing Legion
In the wake of the fallen meteors of Heaven's Fall, there has been a great disturbance in Northrend. A group of northerners have banded together to find a new homeland, and face many challenges as they leave their homeland.

In Heaven's Fall, they were known as the Freezing Legion, but may appear as the "Northpact" in Heaven's Fall 2.

A Rising Tide
Race: The Enlightened Tide
A group of intelligent Murlocs, mutated by one of the fallen meteoric Titan relics, the "Mur'soph", have built an army of the roughest and toughest sea creatures they could find. Led by their ingenious Mur'soph overlords, these guys are on a quest to obtain one of the powerful artifacts that fell to the world and changed them in the first place.

Strong Hopes
Race: Lost Tribe
This tribe of Draenei "Lost" found their way to Azeroth in search of a homeland. As portions of the land are torn apart by the meteoric Titan relics and the growing conflicts for power, this becomes and increasingly challenging task. But the Tribe is strong, and will stand fast against the other races as others vie for power.

A World's Oblivion
Race: Voidspawn
The Voidspawn were attracted to Azeroth around the time of the Titan relics' falling. Although none are as of yet certain exactly what drew their attention, some say that it was the power within the relics. The Voidspawn have warped in their essence-draining army of shadow beings, seeking to corrupt and devour the lands of Azeroth.

United We Stand
Race: Final Alliance
The humans, dwarves, elves and others have joined together to form an alliance that might be able to keep them alive. Their story is one of loss, and of hope.

Basking in Power
Race: The Risen
With others dying left and right in the wake of the "Heaven's Fall", a group of necromancers has banded together and has utilized the power of the dead to summon a mighty army. With the Risen on their side, these necromancers are on a quest for dominance and power.

Going for the Final Alliance campaign first might be a safer bet bc you can actually sort of create lore exposition a bit easier since it's being told from the perspective of survivors, not to mention an organisation of various 'vanilla' races, one of which is humanity.

Personally though, I'd love to see a Northpact campaign, especially since that faction goes through a redesign in HF2 :D

The Voidspawn would make for an unconventional campaign storytelling by taking a more mystery-oriented approach to lore exposition. I mean, it's not like you would have to explain what a fantasy world is. Warcraft players should be familiar with the concept already.

PS: The Titanweld are, if I'm not mistaken, a potential 8th race at the moment.

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
In my opinion, a Final Alliance campaign would be the best campaign to start off with. I think the Final Alliance could introduce the story of Heaven's Fall better than any other race. I also feel that the Final Alliance will allow for lots of diverse and fun missions.

Level 1
I think for the first campaign, the Zear are perfect. Introduces the concept of Heaven's Fall while not getting into the complicated matters of a grand plot.

Save Final Alliance or Northpact for the next campaign where you are less focused on the other aspects of the mod and can truly flesh out an amazing story and exciting variety of levels. For now, keep it simple! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.