• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Head of the Legion (NO IMPORTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This was really fun to make :grin:
Took forever though...

I actually used a "backwards" black fog, with a start value of 5000 and end of 1000, to create a shadow effect as if the light was coming from behind the statue where the fire is and shadowing the front. New techniques :)

Once referred to as the "Mount Olympus of Draenor", Fel Rock was mystically raised from under the earth millenia ago by the demon lord, Sargeras. Now it stands as a warning to those who dare journey to this barren land, and a faded memory to those who worship the ancient Demon Lords.

Attachments

• Satan Statue.png
    Satan Statue.png
    717.7 KB · Views: 297
Level 6
this effect is really really really really really really really really really good.

you can highlight SOME parts of the bust to make it look more ominous
(like when a kid telling ghost stories points a flashlight from under his face upward.)

maybe you can use 3d lighting? i know it exists in wc3. infernal's lighting 'aura' is 3d; so is the 'boom/death' of the archmages attack projectile; torch (glowing), also.

Level 7
I love it when you posts terrains 'cause you always make the coolest shit. It's amazing for no imports!

Level 36
Once referred to as the "Mount Olympus of Draenor", Fel Rock was mystically raised from under the earth millenia ago by the demon lord, Sargeras. Now it stands as a warning to those who dare journey to this barren land, and a faded memory to those who worship the ancient Demon Lords.

You FAIL in wc3 history Void! :p
Presuming, out from the name Draenor, which is the former name of Outland, that this mountian is standing IN Outland, I tell you this: Sargeras was never in/on Outland/Draenor! :p

Aside from this, I really like it :D

Level 34
Well... Outland terrain is one of my weak points. This is my first terrain ever using this tileset, actually :eek:

I should do more with it!
Well there really isn't much to see, that's why I label it as decent. You put down a bunch of spires and some odds and ends. You did it well, and it suits the terrain, but it's nothing amazing.

Level 34
I guess I was really focusing more on the bust. Maybe I could make an extended, more zoomed-out version with a citadel below or something ;)
Nah, that would take away from the bust I think. Just make one without a center piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.