• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Spell Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone i need spell ideas for my map GOBLIN GLADIATORS OPRG.
Here are hero classes:
Alchemist-Poison Dps and Cure maker.
Mage-Magic Dps
Warlock-Magic Dps and Dark Summoner.
Steam Warrior-Tank
Rogue-Stealth Dps
Bombardier-Range dps AOE skills.
Medic-Healer Class.
+rep for one who help :p :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 8
Some of those don't sound very goblin-like...

I'd keep bombardier, alchemist, maybe change steam warrior to mechanic?
You could have a pyromaniac class, give him a molotov cocktail ability. :goblin_boom:

Alchemist could possibly have molotov cocktails, ogre rage (are you gonna use the warcraft 3 hero?), Acid spray, transmute. The goblin alchemist is my favourite melee hero :p He has interesting abilities.

Bombardier can have fragmentation shards maybe? Flare as a support ability. A basic rocket-like projectile. You could give him grenades if you need more abilities, too.

Steam warrior can have passives like reinforced hull, and maybe a steam cannon.

Level 4
Here are some ideas:
Rogue: Optic Flare- ability that blind enemy for 3,4,5 seconds.
Impact Bomb?- rogue(bombardier?) shoot(stick) small bomb into enemy. After 4sec bomb explode dealing damage.
Medic: Adrenaline Injection- medic inject adrenaline into ally raising his attack speed and regenation speed
Alchemist: Acid Spray- Alchemist shoot acid out of his gun dealing damage and reducting armor of opponents infront of him.
Steam Warrior: Power Fist - Steam Warrior electrize his glove using portable electric device (?) and slam opponents infront of him with it.

Last edited:
Level 15
8-10? Good.

Here's my first idea.

Steam Warrior
Maximum mana is set to 1000. It cannot be more or less. (with items that have Intelligence and mana increases, it is easier to keep maximum at 1000 than 100) He has no mana regeneration. Mana represent Steam for him. Any time he gains more than 66% Steam, he has a chance to explode. (Goblins are Goblins)
Full Throttle!
The Steam Warrior generates 15% Steam per seconds for 10 seconds.
Powerful regenerative ability, but it must be used with caution, because it can easily let the SW to explosion.

Reinforced Cauldron
Passive. Absorbs up to X damage from each enemy attack. Damage cannot be reduced below Y damage. Also slightly reduces explosion chance.

Pump the Steam!
Passive. Each hit has a X% chance to generate 15 Steam.

Coal to the Cauldron
Adding more coal to the steam cauldron, the Steam Warrior overheats, dealing X damage per second to all nearby enemies and generating 5 Steam per second for 12 seconds.

Release Steam
Releases all accumulated Steam, dealing X damage per point of Steam to all nearby units, both friend and foe. Long cooldown.
Emergensy ability, in case the SW has too much Steam and is close to exploding.

Boiling Steam
25% Steam.
Deals X damage to the target and forces the target attack the Steam Warrior.
Ranged.

Steam Punch
20% Steam.
Deals X bonus damage on attack.
Melee. Based off Searing Arrows.

Jigsaw
10% Steam per Second
Channeled. Deals X damage per second to the target. Also reduces target's armor by Y for 10 seconds if channeled for whole duration.
High-damage ability with rather long cooldown. I suppose you use Shredder model for SW, so the saw seems approppriate.

Earthquake
75% Steam
Deals X damage to all nearby enemies, slowing their movement speed by 50% and reducing their damage by 60% for Y seconds. Also forces them attack the Steam Warrior.
Combination of Thunder Clap, Howl of Terror and Taunt. Very powerful ability, but requires lots of Steam and as such is dangerous.

Pressure to Hull
35% Steam.
The Steam Warrior diverts part of steam pressure to hull, increasing his armor by 100% + X for Y seconds.

Steam Rocket of Doom
50% Steam.
Launches a powerful steam-powered rocket at the target, dealing X damage and stunning the target for 5 seconds. Very unreliable.
Deals high damage, but with 25% chance deals all that damage to Steam Warrior instead. Goblins are Goblins.

Clarification:
Steam explosion deals damage to the Steam Warrior equal to 50% of his maximum health, reduces mana to 0 and stuns him for 6 seconds.

Bombardier
Firebomb
Fires a bomb at the target, which deals X damage to the target and all units near it.

Frag-Bomb
Fires a bomb at the target, which deals X damage to the target and all units near it, stunning them for 2 seconds and reducing their armor by 50% for Y seconds.

Chem-Bomb
Fires a bomb at the target, which bathes the target and all units near it in sticky and highly acidic chemicals, dealing X damage per second and reducing their movement speed by 50% for Y seconds.

Shrapnel Squall
Deals X damage to all targets in front of the Bombardier, stunning them for 3 seconds.
Based off Shockwave/Carrio Swarm. Short-range, used mainly as self-defense.

Ready! Aim! BOOM!
Deals X damage to the target.
The only single-target ability of Bombardier. Has a 33% chance to hit a different target (random) near the original one instead (even ally!) so has to be used with caution.

Proximity Mine
Lays a proximity mine on the ground. It takes 3 second to arm and will explode when approached by any unit, dealing X damage to all units within range.

Remote Mine: Lay
Lays a remote mine on the ground. The mine persist for X seconds and deals Y damage when detonated.

Remote Mine: Detonate
Detonates all remote mines within X range. Y second cooldown.

Bombardment
Passive. Increases damage and area of effect of Bombardier's auto-attack.

Cannon Barrage
The Bombardier unleashes a barrage of gunfire at target area, dealing X damage per wave, for a total of Y waves. The shells also burst into flames, dealing Z damage per second for 3 seconds to any unit hit.
Basically a Rain of Fire with this model.

Grenade
Tosses a grenade at target area. After 2 second the grenade explodes, dealing X damage to all units near it.

Artillery Strike
The Bombardier call for an ordnance strike from his own experimental cannon, hidden somewhere... safe... Deals X damage to all targets within Y area. The area is centered on a random unit (preferably enemy one, but you cannot be sure, when it comes to Goblin technology) within 1000 range of the Bombardier.
I'd suggest some nuclear explosion model.

Mage
Spells cost a lot of mana, so the player must conserve it. KABOOM! and Sub-Zero cost no mana, but Sub-Zero is dangerous (and boring)

Conflagration
Deals X damage to all units in target area and additional Y damage to each unit hit over 6 seconds.

Incinerate
Deals X damage over 15 seconds to the target.

Combustion
Passive. All spells (Except Sub-Zero) have a X% chance to ignite the target, dealing Y additional damage over 6 seconds.

KABOOM!
Deals X damage to all enemy units afflicted with Combustion, Incinerate or Conflagration, consuming them in spectacular explosion.
Damages units near affected targets too. Costs no mana.

Flame Surge
Deals X damage to up to Y enemies in front of the Mage.
Based off Forked Lightning. Spirit Link lightning effect works perfeclty.

Lightning
Deals X damage to the target.
Based off Chain Lightning, hits one tareget only. Basic spell - not very powerful, not expensive.

Mad Spell
The Mage casts a crazed spell, which lingers in the air for 4 seconds and then explodes, dealing X damage to all units within formidable range.
Very high damage. Nuclear explosion effect.

Flame Gate
The Mage teleports to the target point, dealing X damage to nearby enemies on both point of his deprature and point of his arrival.
Blink, with explosion effects and some AoE =)

Sub-Zero
Drains the heat out of the target, dealing X damage to the target and stunning it for 4 seconds, as it turns into chunk of ice. Restores Y mana to the Mage. Has a 50% chance to cast Sleep on the Mage.
Since enemy hasn't turned into a hail of burning shreds and splintered debris, this spell is very boring for a goblin. Extremely boring.

Will think on other classes later.
Enjoy.

EDIT: added Mage

Last edited:
Level 14
Warlock:

~Chaotic Blast:
-Shoots a bolt of dark energy at an enemy unit dealing x damage, reducing attack damage and armor to 0 for 15 sec. Has a knockback effect.

~Essence of Life:
-Akin to a combo of Doom and Drain Life. Upon death of the unit two demonic minions are spawned for the Warlock (they last until killed).

~Essence of Death:
-Akin to a combo of Animate Dead and Summon Carrion Beatle. Ressurects nearby units which fight for you until killed... again.

~Ring of Fire:
-Essentially a more appealing version of Flamestrike. Sets fire to everything within x distance of the Warlock. Lasts x seconds.

~Taint:
-Similare to Farie Fire. Grants vision of target enemy unit, but not control.

~Shadow-walk:
-Teleport, but only for the Warlock.

~Unleash: Ultimate
-Summons 2 demons, which can also each summon 4 demon minions

~Convert:
-Charms target unit. Upon death the unit explodes. A monster emerges from the remains.

//\\oo//\\

Level 3
Bombardier

Equipment Swap:
Changes to Bombardier form or Engineer form each having different skills.
Bombardier form has an attack like the Mortar team's with long range but has slower speed.
Engineer form has much weaker attack that is melee but has less cooldown. Also make is walking speed faster and give him less armor and hp.

Engineer form:
Place Mines:
Places a small mine that explodes upon contact. Deals damage to enemy or ally ground units caught within its blast radius. Costs X gold. 50 mana. Maybe no cooldown but make it take some time to cast.

Bomb Squad:
Summons 2 mechanical goblins that explode on cue. Make them cost gold but give them a cooldown.

Repair:
Gives him the ability to repair buildings.

Ultimate (For Engineer Form) - Robo-Demolition Kit:
Builds a factory (which costs gold and mana) that spawns goblin scrapers which have high siege attack and move at a fair pace. However make it so that the scrapers can only attack buildings. The factory lasts X mins and has very low health.

Bombardier form:
Mortar Shells:
Fires a couple of mortars dealing AoE damage to the selected area and causing that area to have a burn effect for X seconds. (Rain of Fire followed by Flame strike spell's aftershock).

Berserk:
Increased attack rate and movement speed for X seconds.

Cannon Mastery:
Increases the str of hero (passive ability).

Ultimate - Heavy Fire:
Spawns a cannon that follows the Bombardier for X mins. It has automatic fire (like in battleships or tankwars) at a fast attack rate and high attack. Make its attack an aoe attack too.

Status
Not open for further replies.