• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glitched Spirit Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So.....I've triggered it so that a unit gets spirit linked with 3 other units. The damage should be reduced, right? Wrong. Seemingly anything instant-kills the spirit linked unit.

I've ran tests. I set the attacking unit at 100 damage. I allow the spirit linked unit to get hit by the unit with 100 damage while my spirit linked unit has 150 HP......the unit dies instantly.....What?

I've set the HP to 1000. He STILL dies. What? I've checked the spirit link damage distribution, 0.25. I put it to 0.50, 0.75, 25, and they ALL STILL instant kill my unit.........really stupid.

If you find a way to fix this problem, you win The Hive Workshop =P.

Level 2
  • Heavy Armor
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
          • (Level of Have Heavy Armor for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 3 Dummy Unit For Heavy Armor / Light Armor Dmg Reduce for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at (Position of (Hero manipulating item)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order Dummy Spell Caster for Heavy Armor 0002 <gen> to Orc Spirit Walker - Spirit Link (Hero manipulating item)
So.........
There is another trigger that sets the level of "Have Heavy Armor" to 2, then runs this one, it works fine, as the spirit link animation shows.

When the item is picked up, 3 dummy units are spawned at where the hero is positioned, then another spell caster dummy unit casts the spirit link.

I know, it's a bad way of triggering, inefficient, lalala, but I'll deal with that later.

Level 2
Updated info:

The monster deals 1100 damage. To my hero anyways. The dummy units take 22 damage each.

I let my dummy units take the hit, and it works FINE. The hit dummy unit takes 70 damage, the rest including the hero takes 22. WTF is up with that?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Triggered spell/ability threads are to be posted on the Spells and Systems forum.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309"]
spellsandsystems.gif
»»» Spells and Systems
[/self]
Talk regarding custom created spells and systems takes place in here. Get help creating a spell or implementing a system etc.
Do NOT request for help or talk about spell-creation in the World Editor Help Zone. Spell-matters go on the Spells and Systems, which has it's link above.
~Thread Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.