• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well it's quite bad. You can see the end of the map from this angle so that's bad, but if this is supposed to be playable, oh well. It's just way to simple, and the height variation: everything is on the same height. Imo nothing special.

Yes fix that and also there is white smoke coming out . shouldn't it be black?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Same here, you should consider reading some tutorials and checking out some other terrains to get a better idea of what you should be working with. As everyone has already stated you need more tile variation, more doodads, more varied terrain height and just more life to the picture

Level 51
well, it's quite...bad. the green of the grass, farns and plants are burning out my eyes, you can see the end of the world and the tilesets are bad choosen. it's flat, RELLY flat. go, go on some meadow and ly down on the ground. look if it is that flat. same here in the wood. also the axe in the treestump is too high in the air, only it's little top is in the wood, it would diffently fall down in realitiy. also a bit more doodads, would be really nice.
well that was it for now. I don't want so sound harsh in any way, but I just like to give criticsm. no offense guy, keep practising and try to take the advice of the community on THW. =)

Same here, you should consider reading some tutorials and checking out some other terrains to get a better idea of what you should be working with. As everyone has already stated you need more tile variation, more doodads, more varied terrain height and just more life to the picture

Doodad amount is actually enough.
Tile variations could make it better.
Height variation IS needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.