• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Opinion: Playable forest keep in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey, guys!

I am currently working on a campaign and I want your opinion on my attemt to recreate a keep in the forest. The map is really far from completely done. Ignore the creeps - where they start I have just not have worked on the terraining yet (as you can notice).

Are there any pathing flaws? Any major mistakes? Tips for me? Would appreciate and +rep.

Attachments

• SotS_1.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
You should post screenshots instead of the map for starters, when you do, you'll probably get more feedback.
Anyway, I've opened the map and I liked the city, here is some feedback for ya:

1. The rock spam is useless, try making bigger rocks to form some mountain/bigger hill.
2. The trees are really ugly, both the custom ones you have and the blizzard ones, I suggest you export any tree from the UTM- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/ultimate-terraining-map-3-0-a-45316/ and import it into your map or just download some trees more the hive and it's always good to have more types of trees.
3. The walls don't fit the style of those houses, try adding some different ones.
4. You could use more details in the city, such as barrels, benches, junk and etc.
5. You should add either more trees/bushes or add rocks to block the end of the world/map.
6. The outside of the village is clearly not finished, is it? Doesn't matter anyway because you should really work on it, start by replacing those trees, adding details, water streams, making the terrain less flat.
7. I don't see any problem with the pathing blockers but IMO you don't need them if you path your doodads wisely.

Good job so far, hope me helped ye. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.