• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] First person camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a feeling that this is extremely stupid, but I am making a RPG map based off of my book. I want the camera to in first person. I have figured out how to line up the camera with the hero, and angles to make it first person, but my problem is I can't seem to be able to get the camera to turn with the character. All i've been able to do is get really weird results. to line it up I just create the unit facing a certain angle, then just line the camera up with that angle. I hope someone can help me thanks
EDIT: I am really sorry I just noticed I posted in the wrong board

Level 1
Here is what I use under a Periodic Timer Event of around .10 seconds.

Actions
Camera - Set 'Player' camera Rotation to (Facing of (unit)) over 0.05 seconds

Level 12
Well to make one i'm thinking of using Pythagorem's Theorem, well it's hard to explain but if you can just imagine the angle between the two lines intersecting at the focused unit changes when the height of the line that connects a point from the ground to the postition of the camera (this makes up a whole right triangle) changes. We can just make a relationship with this, and solve the whole system. I'm making one

Status
Not open for further replies.