• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Can a camera be fixed to a unit's head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was trying to create a first person camera that is locked to the characters head.

And I was trying to make it so if the character died. The camera attached to the body or where the head is facing would also fall with the character.

• Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to (Facing of Warrior 0000 <gen>) over 0.50 seconds
I tried using this but the camera just ends up looking up.

Is it impossible to do this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In real FPS games they do not render the actor's head when in first person mode to prevent clipping. Since you cannot see your own head this works perfectly. Obviously mirrors need a work around however that is probably injected in that part of the graphics pipeline.

Best seen in the game Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion where if you go into first person mode and then use the console commands to unlock the camera you can see that you are nothing more than some floating arms.

If your map is single player then shrink the model to almost 0 and simulate the death camera being head line and everything with triggers. If it is multiplayer you might need locally visible dummies to do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.