• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Experience Share Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to get experience sharing working and I've run into something weird. Basically, I've given every unit in my map a Veterancy Behavior, set it to hidden, and set the kill share fraction to 1, radius to 10, and the kill share filters as:

Required: Heroic; Excluded: Neutral, Enemy, Hallucination

Despite the fact that "Enemy" is clearly flagged as excluded when it comes to XP sharing, my hero still gets experience when an enemy kills one of my units.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just another entry in the very long list of edtior bugs?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try the condition you are evaluating is what sort of unit must be killed to give exp and not who the killer's source must be to give exp.

If that failes try triggering an EXP system. You can use behaviours to add experinece to units if you are unable to directly do so via triggers.

Level 2
Well, there is a target filter field in there as well, which defaults to exclude player (self) and ally, so I'm guessing THAT's the one that determines which units can be killed for XP. The thing is, I've seen three separate hero tutorials (not all on this site) that all say that the "share filter" is the one you need to modify to change which units get the shared xp, and I haven't seen anybody reply to those tutorials with this problem, so I figured either this issue is limited to me or nobody's actually paid close enough attention to notice, and I thought the former was more likely.

I'll try what you suggested and I'll mess with those fields some more, but it looks like I might have to resort to a triggered XP system. By the way, there ISN'T a function that gives XP to a unit (thank you, Blizzard.), so it's behaviors and bitflags for implementing that!

EDIT: I'm fairly convinced now that the share filters for ally, enemy, neutral, and player are broken (i.e. all of the ones that you toggle on and off using checkboxes...the ones in the box work). I unchecked all of them and my hero was still getting shared xp from both my units' kills and enemy units' kills. I've also confirmed target filters are to determine which units you get xp from, and all of THOSE filters (including the checkboxes) do work, because when i toggled on "ally", my hero could get xp by killing my own units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.