• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaining experience from custom spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've noticed a lot of the better custom spells involve triggers. I've been workin on custom spells for quite some time for my upcoming RPG map. I've began making a complete list of custom spells, almost all involving triggers. Heres an example:

I made a custom spell that when triggers, creates a new unit which is fired at the enemy and detonates on impact, sort-of a grenade. Heres my problem. I gain no experience from the kill. I use variables to make it so the unit created is created for the triggering unit, and the newly created unit blows up, giving me kills. However, the triggering hero gains no experience what-so-ever from the kills. Is there some custom trigger I must put in, or is there a feature in the map to share experience to heroes on the same team as the killing unit. I just need some quick help with this one, I will post my trigger if needed.

Level 2
check ur range of ur spell, try to keep it under 600, generally leeching xp, hero should be at most round 600 distance. umm just checking, the unit ur creating to suicide is under the same player ownership of the triggering unit right?

Level 3
Yeah I never thought about casting range.. but that also is a problem, as the blast range has a AOE of about 1000, so the cast range is about 2000. I was wondering if there was a way to change the distance from the spell that you can leech? I didn't see it in gameplay constants, maybe its somewhere else.

Level 3
Well, that seemed to solve only half my problems. My other problem is when using trigger spells that have a function that reduces all unit HP by (given amount). When the spell kills the units, no experience is rewarded, and since a great deal of my abilities are like this, there is a conflict involving experience gains when using custom spells. Is there any way around this?

Level 3
Nah, I'll just leave it so you gain no exp when using it. It's getting too complicating because I didnt wanna give him a tome or use a function to give him a set number of exp, but I wanted to give him the exact experience he should have gained from the group of monsters that was killed. I'll find another way later on... thx anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.