• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Epilogue] - Roleplaying Thread, January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

Dante woke up in the middle of nowhere. He slowly stood up and moved his head. His neck hurt and he felt tired. He couldn't remember anything, the last thing he could see in his mind was a large amount of light coming to him and them he woke up here. He looked around and looked at him, using the near water of a lake as a mirror. The face of a 18 or around that age year old boy looked back at him. The boy had black hear and wore black clothes. In his back there was something metalic, he took it out. A sword came to his eyes, bright but cold, which looked like made of light particles. The sword really contrastated with his look. He didn't mind though, and put the sword back where it was. He looked around again. There was a forest behind him, and not far from that, mountains surrounded the lake in all directions. The water of the lake also seemed strange, but he didn't mind. Dante felt something warm in his chest. Something he was almost sure he had never felt before. Home. He was in his home. There was no house or nothing, but he felt peace. He would build one. It would take time, but he had no rush. He turned back and couldn't see that, in the surface of the water, the face of a woman flashed for a second from his sword. He walked to the forest. If he would have put more attention to his surrounding, he would had seen a gray-black colored sword lying in the shore of the lake, it looked like an extinguish fire. The sword reflected the sun, emitting a red, fire like light for a second. Dante, who hadn't notice all this, was already chopping a tree using the sword he had. A memory, a very blurry memory of having done such thing before came to his mind. Humanity. For some reason, he felt human while choping that tree, even though he couldn't remember being anything but human. Human after all...

Level 19

Dai Quong ~ Another One

It was night, and a bruised lifeless body was led by the waters of the ocean towards a bay in Mordan - but it was soon found and caught by a croocked pike. A maniac panda got the body onboard the long beautiful dark blue ship with broad sails, revealing Mania's symbol on their flags. The furate member pulled the corpse onto the deck, and up to the wheel where he humbly bowed before his captain. Nobody liked to be up there, because of his pet Stormiken occasionally eating crew members. But Dai Quong had commanded him to fetch the body, so it should of course not be questioned.

"Take the wheel, furate..." captain Dai Quong spoke with a grim voice. The sailor did as he was told, even though he was scared of getting closer to the huge Stormiken creature. Dai Quong grabbed the neck of the corpse. A tall bald human with green robes, apparently having been stabbed several times through the chest, and other places. Dead. The body itself didn't matter anyway, no... it was the necklace.

The Green Dragon Talisman.

He chopped off the dead man's head with his saber and threw it to the Stormiken which devoured it whole. Then he put on the unique magical talisman, uniting it with the others in his collection.

He had three now. Green, Red & Black...

He pushed away the sailor from the wheel without a word, and looked at the crew of the Wavequeen.

"Onwards, furates! Let's claim Mordan for the Goddess!" he yelled with a dark, sore voice. The Stormiken screeched, as the Wavequeen moved towards the biggest harbor city on the continent of Mordan. Behind them, the entire furate fleet followed.

Level 19

Dante had finally came back from the ruins of the nearest human village. Those where the ruins of what used to be the town on the side of Loch kael, but Dante didn't knew that. In that village he found an axe, and some seeds, and he took them back. Not that he didn't liked fish, but the color of the lake didn't look too healthy. He took water from a small fountain in the mountains instead. He had stopped to use the sword to cut trees since he was worried it would break or something. He was chopping a tree, and when it fell, and after converting it into hundrers of pieces of wood, he took a break. For some reason he went to the lake, and saw something shining on it. It was a sword. It looked like it was made out of ash, so he wasn't sure what had made it shine. He took it out. The sword felt more heavy than his other one, it was like something rested within the sword. He didn't put much attention on it though and put that sword in his back to.
Later, while he was warming himself up in the fire, he decided to temper his weapons. Just a bit. He first took the light sword and put it into the fire, ut for some reason the flames moved and wouldn't touch the sword. He left it in the sice and tried with the second sword. A huge flame spread up, and the sword became red flamed, as it was made of fire itself. Dante jumped back, but the sword didn't burnt him. It looked much more alive now. He put the sword back to the ground and couldn't see how the image of demon was reflected on it for second before it faded.

Level 25
Sorry I haven't finished my story in Christmas 'cause of the lack of Internet Connection, so, maybe I can continue with this post.

Chen ~ Mordan's Ruins

The Dark Christmas has passed, the Maniacs including Chen battled. Some lost, some won. The Christmas was too dark, and bloody. Chen fought with his Hammer of Insanity, but he never wanted to witness his own death, so he left the the Valley of Christmas. But things turned unexpected, Juno, Bran and the McPatrickus brothers turned him back to normal, he's insane no more. But he needs to be alone, he swam through the sea. Unfortunately, he can't swim until Christmas ends, so he tried to reach a little island east of Easterland. Hours after he reached the island, a familiar ship came and suddenly he was hit by a cannon, sending him farther to the sea.

Soon as he woke up, he found himself in a foggy land, with a wet forest feel. He saw two winged strangers and ran stealthily without alerting them. He found himself in a barren ruins, the fog from the forest are still around, but it is less dense right now. He saw an open hut, it seems uninhabited so he walked to it, then he slept, but before he get his sleep, someone got in and shouted:

"Who are you? Get out!" He tried to chop the panda with his samurai sword but Chen evaded it. Chen also tried to attack him but the fog became thicker and blocked his eyes. he tried to remove the fog by swinging his hammer but it got thicker. Again, he tried to hit the stranger, he was sure he his something, but not his enemy. He hit the hut's support and it fell down, the debris made the stranger unconcious, so Chen picked it's samurai sword. He walked more to the ruins and a furrate suddenly attacked him, so he struck it with the sword.

"Now THIS is a sword!" He yelled and saw a furrate ship from a distance...

Level 19

Dante had been going back and fort from his house to the ruins of several human towns. One of it was massively large and had a lot of survivors on it. The biggest adventure he could remember after would happen here. Walking in the streets, hid under a black hood and a black cape, he walked unnoticed between the mass of expresionless, pale humans that still inhabitated this ruin. Most of them had fallen into madness, attacking anything and anyone that came to their sight. Dante had succesfully stopped them though, just by showing his swords. He changed wood for supplies in this dirty place, and some information. He was able to know that demons had destroyed this town, but he had no idea what a demon was. He walked in the middle of the ruins, unaware of the forces that where watching him from the distance.
When he crossed the next edge, a shadow jumped from it, and he was just in time to take out his light sword and block the attack. A red, human like figure, his axe over him blocked by the sword, red and with horns on it looked back. It also had wings Dante noticed forth. Strange. It didn't look to peacefull though, so Dante was forced to strungle and fight. the sound provoked by the two warrios dragged the attention of the nearby humans. He fought beastly, even though it was the first time he had actually used a sword for what it was ment to that he could remember. Vertical, frontal, back and blocks flew between the two. light particles where emitted each time his sword blocked or was blocked. None of them seem to leave a spot in their defenses. Them, Paillan suddenly remembered, and blocking with one sword, he took the other one and wounded the off-guard creature, dealing damage to it, and them finished it with the light sword. He made sure he would disapear after that. But his fight hadn't been unnoticed. Rumors about a warrior with two sword flew all around the ruins, and came to the ears of a man with a small, cold as ice talisman hanging from his neck.

Level 25

Chen ~ Revelation

Right after he saw the ship, he hid behind a ruined wall, and peeked out to see who owns the Furrate Ship. After a few minutes, someone finally jumped down the ship. The light fog still block the view but he could see silhouettes of the Furrates. There are another two who came down, now they are three.

One looks like a tall and slim panda. He has a big Furrate hat and a thick mustache. He has two swords and another at his back. Another has a medium body, he was a little shorter than the first one, he has a rotund belly and a long beard. He wields a hammer with two sharp sides. The last one was too familiar, he has a muscular and big body, he had a bigger Furrate hat and has familiar talismans and a sharp saber. He is Dai Quong, no doubt.

"Don't let Stormiken get away. My pet will stay with you even if your heads is already in his stomach. Guard him, I need to go Ruk'Taran, you're in charge with the ship." Dai Quong ordered with an arrogant, deep voice. He transformed into a nature dragon and let the panda with a hammer ride in his back. Then, he flew away, leaving Ruk'Taran in the shore, annoyed with the groans of the crew guarding Stormiken.

"Damn. I wouldn't lose my limbs just for this monstrosity. I just wanted to leave you. All of you. I never wanted to be a pirate after all, all I wanted is to have a peaceful life. Even if that would be living with the disgusting Grepetts." Ruk'Taran murmured, the crew never heard it, but Chen overheard him. He wore the pirate clothes of the Furrate he just killed.

He walked to Ruk'Taran. The Furrate tried to attack him, but Chen tried to talk, "I know you are tired of this. I know your feeling, come and join me, let's go out of this forsaken land!" He said while dodging the swift attacks. But the furrate stopped.

"Wait, you look familiar. That face, that spots, You are Kero'gash!" He exclaimed.

Chen was shock of what the furrate has said...

Level 19

Dante kept his incursions to this human town ruin as a common and weekly activity. He still needed some stuff in order to live fully independant, and on the other hand, something told him he had to help this people. He hadn't defeated any demon since the first one, but he had depached a few bandits gang that where controlling part of the croops. His actions drew more and more attention to one of the most influenciting humans in this lawless wasteland, the berrier of the ice talisman, Vicent, former council member of this town, now kept himself under covered while gathering loyal and power around him.
Sitting in a half-destroyed throne, in the ruins of what used to be a castle, the place that Vincent choosed as base. Vincent found quite ironic that he was sitting in the chair of a men who whe rejected years ago in the more easy going quest of finding thannalis. The only reason that brough him back here was the suffer of his people he saw while flying without a certain route, his last mission failed, he was desesperated to fullfill this mission. But now it was different. What kept him here now was the strange warrior with two swords who's name nobody knew, and therefore was called "Dual nightmare" by his enemies and "The hero of two swords" by the ones that admire him. So Vicent sighted, stood up, put on his blue, bright cape and hood, hid his face and went out. He uses this disguise instead of the black, gray, brown hoods most people used, the few of them used dark oranges, everybody trying to go unnoticed, but he wanted to be recognized inmediatelly just by seing his hood. It was a common thing though, that he hid his face just like everybody else, like in shame of what they had and what they lost. Also keeping unknow until certain point was something good on this days. He was only known as "The frozen lord" due to his recognized ice magic powers and the fact he lived in the ruins of the castle. He had in mind to actually make a castle of ice once his fame would be large enought, and from there start to rebuild the human town. He knew he had lost of enemies that wanted to make the same than him. Sit in that ruined throne in which he sat almost everyday. He was on his way to judge this new popular warrior, in order to see if he would become and ally or an enemy in this game of thrones he was involded.
Dante walked indiferent through the street. Few dared to speak to him, most of those wanted just to thank him though. He was walking on a main street on his way to his house on this town, when his attention was atracted by a far more colorfull disguise in the middle of the crowd. A blue, shining hood and cape came towards him at a normal speed. Dante stood there awaiting the stranger, his swords ready. The stranger stopped a few meters away from him, and talked

"So, you must be the one known as Dual blades right?" A voice which sounded familiar asked

Dante grim his face. He used the name the ones that didn't hated him, but also didn't liked him used to talk do him.

"I am Dual blades, yes?" Dante said slowly "And who might you be?"

"I am known as The frozen lord" Vicent said. The voice of this warrior seemed familiar to him too.

Dante made a even more grim face. He had heard the rumors about a men, not caring to be recognized, walking through the ruins in a blue, very blatant cape and hood disguise, user of ice magic and fool, pride or greedy enought to sit in what was the throne of who was the king of this town. Others said he was brave enought to do it.

"I have heard of you... so what do you want?" Dante asked

"I was just wondering why do you do all this. It's dark times. Getting famous is something very risky. I want to know why" Vicent said

"I don't know. I feel in debt with these people. Is that all you want? you are not the best to talk about being famous is risky. You must be the most famous person in this ruin" Dante said

Vincent smiled and said "Indeed. I want to return this place to it's former glory. But for that I will need allies. Strong ones that can watch my back. Not everybody defeats a demon. What I am asking is. Will you be with me? or stay out of they way? Or perhaps..." Vicent added that final note with dangerous tone

"Hmm... work for you, stay in the shadows or fight you, that's what you say? If I had to choose, them first I must know if it is worth to fight for you. And only way to know, is fighting you" Dante said taking out his swords, pissed of the arrogance the man in front of him was showing.

"Very well" Vicent said, and made a sword with his ice magic and a shield "We will fight here and know"

The people that had gathered around this two celebrities slowly walked away to don't get caught in the middle of the battle, but some of them stood in the edges to watch the clash between this two warrios. One was a legend alredy and the other was building up his legend. He 3 swords shone and they both jumped towards each other.

Level 14

Dante, Vincent ~ Shattering swords

Vincent was the first to attack. He leaped forward, and sticked with his ice blade. Dante easily blocked the attack by dancing on the side, Vincent only touched the corner of his cape. Dante quickly launched a counter attack from his dodge, but Vincent noticed it, and blocked with his shield. The flaming weapon of the Dual Nightmare hit a melted bump into Vincent's shield. They fought for a while like this, jumping forward and backward, turning and dodging, dancing in plane sight.

From the alleys, and corners, people were watching, waiting for the result.

Level 19

Vicent and Dante kept up their fight for minutes, hours. In an almost perfect sinconization, the attacks where blocked, the distances taken and broken again, and all again, with no sign of nobody of both of them giving and inch back. More and more people had started to gather around them. Vicent was quite pissed of this never ending battle, and was starting to think that maybe using his true powers would help. The next moment he took distance from the attack of dual blades and used his magic to create an ice curtain that covered them both

"Already buying time? I am almost sure you are up to something bad..." Dante screamed to the icy fog

Vicent didn't answered, and instead he touched the talisman in his neck, releasing it's true, terryfic power, the soul dragon of the ice dragon merged with him, and he was the dragon. Due to his transformation, the fog he created disippated, and the people around runned away in panic.

Dante looked at the eyes of the frozen dragon. Something of all this seemed familiar... although he didn't knew what it was...

Instead of that, he put both his blades on his side, and adopted a defensive position.

To his great confusion though, the dragon spoke with human, the same voice than the guy he was fighting thone.

"It's useless. You should feel proud though, only a few of the ones I have fought before had seen this form. And fewer tried to keep up. You should surrender to" Vicent said calm

"You know, the name of Frozen lord doesn't fit you. Instead you should be named Frozen fear. You are so afraid of my that you use all your power?" Dante mocked

"So after all you are after the throne..." Vicent said "Let me tell you this before I send you to the otherworld. The name you gave my isn't bad at all, from now on I shall be called Hidden threat by my enemies. Like you" Vicent came closer to Dante

Dante though, didn't jumped back as expected. Instead, he put his fire sword forward and said "Release your power! Magma Demon!"

Vicent opened his eyes wide to the name of what he though was the name of that blade. The blade shone even more red, and a huge fire like aura surrounded first the blade them it's carrier. The light sword in the other hand shacked a bit like it didn't liked what was happening but didn't reacted in any other way.

"So you can use magic to? what's about that aura?" Vicent said

"It's the true power of the sword. I can't explain, but something lives inside of this swords. Some kind of entities that are bound in some way... I discovered it by accident. It's not your busyness though. If you can defeat my in this state, them maybe I will explain" Dante revealed

"As you wish, imbued warrior" Vicent said moving towards his target. Dante had sheathed his light sword, and now used his two hands to grab the fire sword, or better said Magma Demon. Vicent created a frozen aura around himself, and the two powers collided in the air.

Level 25
NOTE: Since Stormiken is dead, I replaced it with a Baby Sea Kraken and the beasts story will be revealed at the next continuation of my posts.

Chen & Ruk'Taran ~ Stealing Talismans Part 1

"No I'm not. I'm Chen, a panda raised by humans. If I'm what you say "Kero'gash" once, I'm not right now." Chen refused to be Kero'gash while Ruk'Taran wanted to convince Chen to be what he really is. After the two argued to each other, they suddenly saw Dai Quong returning to his ship. They hid behind a ring of big rocks and listened to the Furrate Captain.

"Where the hell is Ruk'Taran?" He asked on his crew. They don't know where he is, but one said: "Maybe he's already eaten by this monster." Annoyed by the furrate, he asked him to check him out. The baby Sea Kraken ate the furrate, and the poor panda shouted "Negative!" as the monster chew his legs. "Very well, the poor damned traitor got away." He murmured. "Find Ruk'Taran and you would be saved!" He shouted afterwards. The crew went out and searched everywhere, while the Kraken chasing them, making them hard to search. With the ship empty, Dai Quong slept inside, he placed his talismans to a chest and hid it on his treasure room.

"Here's the deal, we will steal my red talisman, and I'll take you away from the Furrates." Chen whispered. As their surroundings are getting desecrated by the Kraken, places for hidings are decreased. "Damned wretched!" A furrate shouted while being chased. He ran into the rocky ring, and saw Chen and Ruk'Taran hiding. Before he can utter a word, Chen stabbed him and bashed his mouth. They waited until night, then Chen transformed into a White Dragon. Because of the darkness, they didn't noticed him and mistaken him as Dai Quong. He actually let Ruk'Taran to hide inside his mouth, and he flew into the ship. Before reverting back into a panda, the furrate traitor went out of his mouth, but he got wounded by one of the dragon's teeth.

Level 19

While Vicent and Dante where still fighting, they didn't noticed the large group of demons who where marching towards the city. Also they did not see how most people runned away. When they discovered it it was too late. They where sorrounded. Dante sighted and removed his fire aura, took out the light sword, and with a small shake, turned on a light aura, wish moved gently around him.

"So, MR dragon" Dante said "Wanna, fight together?"

"Sure why not. If we survive this, let's leave our differences aside!" Vicent added

They both screamed and went into battle.

It was an awfull, long and blood filled battle like noone seen before. The pair slaughtered group after group of demons, most been taking away by the dragon vincent, but most attacking him also. The fight lasted hours long. After all that time, both warrios where so tired that they could faint any second, and there was still a large amount of demons. Vicent looked around and saw he had no choice left, He grabed Dante and flew away. He was hit by a dark arrow in his escape though. He slowly reached the lake where Dante lived, following his instructions. The minute they landed Vicent lost his dragon form and was almost uncocious in the ground. Dante moved towards him and used the power of his light sword the best he could to heal the wound. But once he saw the arrow he discovered the truth. It was made so that, what ever it hits, it will fall in a deep sleep until nobody knows when. Dante cried, and begged the sword for an answer. The voice of the sword, a female soft voice said.

"Let him rest for a while. He has been torturing himself for such a long amount of time. Even with my magic I can't release him if he doesn't want. He won't need any food, or water, he will look like a statue in a few hours. Make his final wish true. Grant the humans freedom"

Dante nodded, still crying, and moved Vicent inside the forest. He made an altar and put him standing in the middle. He holded him in that position for hours, until the feel of flesh was replaced by the feel of stone. He looked at it, the talisman shone for the last time with a blue, precious light, before fading and converting to stone. Dante put the following memorial in front of the statue man "Here slumbers the Lord of Ice, his sleep to be ended the day the world calls his aid one more time". Dante, with his 15 years, wasn't sure if he had seen ever a man or woman die before, but the emptyness in him didn't feel new. He took a final look to the statue and them leaved, the way to his house.

Level 25

Chen & Ruk'Taran ~ Stealing Talismans Part 2

He almost screamed in pain, but he ignored and kept silent. The two entered Dai Quong's room, and the problem left is the hidden Treasure Chamber. They can't find any door except the exit, so they searched quietly the whole room until they found a trapdoor under the Furrate Captain's bed, they opened it, but can't open it fully since it was blocked by the bed. Chen tried to remove the trapdoor using his sword, and Chen entered the trapdoor. the bed got rocked by his entering, but Ruk'Taran gave Dai Quong his Kammy Grepett(yeah I know, Teddy Bear), to keep him sleeping, then he entered the chamber.

The room IS empty, not even a single gold, they already thought it was a trap. So Chen illuminated the room using his talisman. It was not a trap, it was a Treasure Chamber indeed. The bounty the furrates get are stocked in big chests and hidden here. But there was a little chest protected by a lot of locks, but they have no time for opening all so Chen destroyed it by his hammer, and got all the talismans, then he wore all of them. But the strike was too loud and alerted Dai Quong, then the maniac panda entered the room and threw his sword and impaled Chen behind his heart. Before he can pass out, he blasted his way out the ship and burned it.

"YOU TWO, WILL BURN! THE FURRATES WILL NEVER STOP HUNTING YOU!" Dai Quong yelled, as his body burns. Ruk'Taran removed the sword and Chen screamed in pain. He healed his wound using his Light Talisman, but it's only temporary, after a short time, he passed away. Ruk'Taran mourned, a friend that he only met that day, died in his own arms. He buried Chen's body in Oxadal's woods, where it is safe.

"He may be born as Kero'gash, but he died as Chen." He spoke with guilt. He decided to keep the talismans as a memento. Chen may not have complete his promise, but he has done a big part of it.

Ruk'Taran used the talisman to fly to the Easter Lands, he built his home near the elves, but in a little wooded part where he can be barely seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.