• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] EGUI - Need Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
EGUI - Enhanced GUI

GENERAL

Many of your remember (know of) WEU, world editor unlimited. It can do a lot of cool stuff, including something called Advanced Triggers. These are a series of GUI actions that allow you to do certain things that you couldn't do before, or make doing certain things easier (such as dialouge creation). However, as stated by WEU's author, most of those triggers are leaky and outdated. So, I plan to reinvent GUI, by extending it in all the ways WEU did, and more!

Systems
There are a lot of systems out there that require custom script to use. I will be searching through these systems, and creating GUI's for as many as possible. The ones that I currently thing are suitable are
-Vexorians CSCache
-Handle Vars *really useful!*
-Vexorians Caster System (not all the functions, just some of the simpler ones like mass casting and maaaaaaybe projectile creation)

[EGUI Functions]

EGUI VARIABLES
Trackable

EGUI EVENTS
EGUI Event - Any Unit takes damage
EGUI Event - A Unit is Double clicked
EGUI Events - Any Unit is issued an order

EGUI CONDITIONS
EGUI Boolean - *Unit* is moving = *Boolean*
custom script:
EGUI Damage - Damagetype of taken damage = *Spell/Attack* (for use with vex's attack detect)

EGUI -Floating Text Simulate *Gold/Lumber/CriticalStrike/Windwalk* Text
EGUI Error message - Display *string* to *player* simulating an error message. Use sound *boolean*?
EGUI Item - Get the cost of *Item*
EGUI Item - An item is moved to inventory slot *Integer 1-6*
EGUI Unit - Add *Ability* to *Unit* and set its level to *Integer*
EGUI Unit - Add Advanced inventory to *unit* (Possibly either InvX or AAA or something else - not sure yet)
EGUI Unit - Order *Unit* to *Order String* *Unit*
EGUI Unit -Order *Unit*to *order string* *Point*
EGUI Unit - Make all units bleed when they have less then *X% life*
EGUI Unit - Make unit bleed with *Undead/NE/Orc/Human* blood.
EGUI Unit- Order *Unit* to *orderstring*
EGUI Unit - Get *Unit*'s armor
EGUI Unit - Clone *unit*
EGUI Unit - Order *Unit* to *OrderID* *Unit*
EGUI Unit -Order *Unit* to *OrderID* *POINT*
EGUI Unit- Order *Unit* to *OrderID*
EGUI Unit - Clone *unit*
EGUI Unt - Remove *Attack/Defend/Patrol/Stop/Hold* from *Unit*
EGUI Unit - Increase Unit's Attack speed by *X%*
EGUI Unit - Change *Unit*'s *Life/Mana/Armor/HpRegen/ManaRegen/MaxHp/MaxMana* to *real*
EGUI Dialouge - Add a quit Button to *Dialouge*
EGUI Unit - Knockback *unit* for *Distance* over *real* seconds at *angle* with *effect* attached to *string* and *effect* attached to *string*. Destroy trees *boolean*?
EGUI Unit -Order *Unit* to Jump to *Point* and cast spell *Ability* at starting point, and *Ability* at ending point
EGUI Unit Pick Every Unit in *Unit Group* and cause *Player* to cast *spell* on them
EGUI Fog - Black out *Region* for all players
EGUI Leaks - Destroy Location
EGUI Leaks - Destroy Group
EGUI Misc. - Exit Warcraft (no error message)
EGUI Misc. - Create a ridicilous amount of lag (for all players)
EGUI Terrain - Create Blight at *region*
EGUI trackable - Create a trackable at *locatoin* using model path *string*
EGUI Spells - Create a special effect (circle/square/stararound location *location* with *Radius* with *X* effects in total using *model path* and lasting *Duratoin* seconds
EGUI Spells - Create *3* floating objects around *Unit* using model path * model*

BurningIcce9 (His name on Thehelper.net) and I have decided to do this and make GUIing easier, faster, more powerful, more versatile, and an all around better environment to use. It will be compatible with NewGen (Once we contact the NewGen makers and agree on something.). You can use it to create many things ranging from Spells to Cinematics. It will make GUIing easier for first timers, or even old timers. If we all join together and make a list of all of these systems and functions to add and implement into this, we can virtually make GUI as powerful as JASS. Not in every way, but very very close. All we have to do is implement it using UI, my tutorial can be found here.
The least we can do is give it a try, right? Even if we fail, we'll have made great progress towards making GUI more powerful. If we can get the communities of TH, WC3Campaigns, and Hive all together, I doubt we'll fail. It will not be an easy road. We'll have to work together and communication will be hard to move along through everyone in the three communities., but we can make due. I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts.

Level 1
Is it possible to make a new trigger;
Any player enters a chat string
And many variations where you normally must have had made 1 per player.
(Above example would have been like this otherwise;

• Credits
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -Credits as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Level 6
@ Sevion:
omg!! this is rly nice!! thx for this :wthumbsup:
+rep
@ Yoda:
You can do it in normal GUI too :)
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (Your player group) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Laugh Out Loud <gen> the event (Player - (Picked player) types a chat message containing -lol as An exact match)

[Offtopic?] umm.. do u know if it is possible to change the "AIEditorData.txt", "MiscData.txt", "TriggerData.txt" etc.. with triggers?

Level 1
It's just that it would have been more easy to do it with just pasting ONE event and still using the "newbie" way. I don't like making it more advanced that it is(Except if it's non-variable triggers :D)

Anyway - Would also be cool if you added "Skip remaining actions of ANOTHER trigger" Because I only find out how to do it with the trigger you put the action in.

OH OH OH! You just have to add(atleast if possible) When any, specific, letter(etc) keyboard button is pressed(Both hold, release and "swift press"(For f.ex FPS movement)) as an event :D Would've been awesome

Level 6
Anyway - Would also be cool if you added "Skip remaining actions of ANOTHER trigger" Because I only find out how to do it with the trigger you put the action in.
Umm.. I think u can do that too in normal GUI :)
The action is something like this:
  • Trigger - Remove (Your Trigger) from the trigger queue
And the key press thing would be super :p
Tip from a noob: I think u must know the code(or position??) for the specific key.

Status
Not open for further replies.