• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EGUI - Very Useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is a very useful "tool" or what we can call it. It is a modification to the World Editor. Containing events such as "unit is attacked" and others, actions: "Order unit to jump to....", "Recipe - If unit has ITEM ID and ITEM ID give it a ITEM ID" (<--- This comes up to 6 items.), "Create X amount of effects in a..", "line", "square", "sircle", "star", etc,,, etc,, Everything us GUI people want!

I posted this here since we have been talk alot of jumping systems and other things I saw in this mod.

[WIP] EGUI - Enhanced Graphical User Interface - The Helper Forums

You didn't understand me. I would never enlist this as GUI system since it uses VJASS. I wouldn't even connect it to GUI in any way....

What, are you fucking retarded? All it does is add more GUI triggers with jass functions , Thats how all GUI triggers work.

Once your map is saved all your GUI is compiled to JASS. Do some research first.

Level 8
What, are you fucking retarded? All it does is add more GUI triggers with jass functions , Thats how all GUI triggers work.

Once your map is saved all your GUI is compiled to JASS. Do some research first.

You should be called InsultHappy. Thank you for pointing me to something I know. Here I'll explain this: Implementing VJASS system is hard for some users, and it's bugs with the TFT patches also makes it hard. MY POINT IS: Learn the Jass then the Vjass and don't use this system, and GUI users stick to GUI. If you want more learn JASS. It's simple as that. Now insult me more, please.

Level 21
1) Importing vjass is just as hard as importing jass. All you need is a precompiler, which even the dumbest human can use through e.g. WE Newgen. If you're using GUI and you can't import vjass it's because you can't import jass. In fact, if the vjass creator has used libraries and such, importing will be easier than ordinary jass because you don't have to mess with your mapheader, you can simply copy/paste triggers.
2) Vjass won't be used ANYWAY because it can't be used in campaigns (it actually can but it's a tedious process)
3) No reason why you should learn jass before vjass. If you're gonna learn vjass, you might as well learn it from the start. It's like saying you need to know C before you should learn C++.
4) Vjass doesn't bug with patches...

Level 9
And I hate to jump in but...

EGUI is just JASS functions in a Graphical User Interface. WHAT?!?! Yes it is, same goes with WE Unlimited and UMSWE. In fact JassNewGen Pack is just another way to compile vJass. If you thinking that vJass bugs... vJass is just Jass, it makes coding easier. Look at the output files before saying that it bugs, because the "other" way to compile vJass got broken with the 1.22 patch (Grimoire the core tool in JassNewGen Pack broke because the way Blizz compiled the 1.22 patch). However if you read the vJass manual there is another way to compile vJass code via the complier it self, which is the only way in theory to compile vJass code in campaigns.

-Av3n

Level 17
Na, I'm just using using normal JASS. I was told that VJASS doesn't work in campaigns. However, if there was an easy way to implement VJASS, I'm sure we would start using it.
1)
3) No reason why you should learn jass before vjass. If you're gonna learn vjass, you might as well learn it from the start. It's like saying you need to know C before you should learn C++.
Someone will need to understand JASS before they are able to get their head around VJASS. Try explaining what a struct is to someone with no prior JASS knowledge.

Level 21
I think this team is using vJass...

I don't think they are.

Someone will need to understand JASS before they are able to get their head around VJASS. Try explaining what a struct is to someone with no prior JASS knowledge.

It's not necessary to first know everything of jass before you can learn vjass stuff. To give some examples:

Arrays with fixed size (such as array[10000]) or 2D array can be learned if you know what arrays are. You don't need to know anything about functions, parameters or return values to learn about 2D arrays, which is a vjass feature.

Structs can be explained at the same time you're explaining variables. A struct is, after all, nothing more than a variable composed of other variables. (At least, that's how structs behave).

Free global declaration is another vjass feature. Do you need to know anything about functions to understand global declaration of variables? Not really.

I can't really say you need to know éverything of jass before you can learn vjass. I'd rather say a good complete tutorial should have a mixed order, such as:

- What are variables (atomic variables, handles, structs)
- Global variables + constants
- Functions + local variables
- Public vs Private qualifiers
- Methods (as an extension to structs)
- Libraries & scopes
- Textmacro's

"Constants" are a typical vjass feature. That is, constant declaration can only be done through vjass. You don't need to know anything about functions (jass) to know about constants and how to declare them.
Structs too could be seen in the context of variables. If we forget about the object oriented features (methods, inheritance, ...) then a struct is nothing more than just another type of variable. (and IMO structs shouldn't have OO features, they should be classes...)

You see, if you want to teach jass to someone, it's probably better to see all jass/vjass features as a whole rather than vjass as an extension to jass.

Status
Not open for further replies.