• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Kaitech[SanD];290372 said:
Lol, agree 100% with RSH! Everyone uses a drug once in their life, and everybody is a drug dealer, they deal medicine, medicone is a drug therefore making parents giving children medicine making them drug dealers! Take 'em away boys!
Fine, because kaitech MUST be so politically correct, we shall now refer to them as psychoactive drugs.

Level 19
Kaitech[SanD];290437 said:
I agree, what is a bas? Just one of those little typos nobody can be bothered too correct, we know what you mean Brad!

For being 12 you surprisingly know absolutely nothing about drugs, that's very, very sad. I remember when I was 12 I could make a cigarette out of a leaf and some urine. Anyway Drugs are great, possibly the greatest thing that's come to the world.
And Drugs like cigs. cocaine and others that are dangerous are bad, yes.
But pills are not the same kind of drugs, drugs have classifications.

Giving a kid a Tylenol ain't anything like giving him a beer.

Level 13
I may smoke pot like once a month... havn't in about a month and a half... I think drinking is worse then pot personly. Compared to other drugs... pot is pretty safe. Anything past that I woulnd't do. Not worth risk.

Level 32
Mr Mackey talks to the kids about drugs and alcohol:

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/index.jhtml?ml_video=61702

stylrics.com > Song Lyrics > S > Southpark Lyrics > A Easy Mmm K

You can do it,
It's all up to you mmm k
With a little plan you can change your life today.
You don't have to spend your life being addicted to smack,
Homeless on the streets giving head jobs for crack.
Follow my plan and very soon you well seeeeee,
It's a easy mmm k.

[off-topic] ~ Thread renamed... mmm K?

Level 27
Dangerous drugs are bad. Very bad. Not good in any way. No question.
But, marijuana (hooray for spell check!) and other drugs like it are fine. There is no reason to complain about any drugs like that. They do no harm to anyone.

Incidentally, I would never do any kind of drug.

Level 21
dont think that just because your government says something is bad that they are right. many things that are outlawed seem a bit silly when put into context. my favorite example is cannabis which i think should be legalised. i myself have never done drugs but i know alot about them just because i come into contact with them everday and they are an important thing we should be aware of. cannabis has never taken a life ever because to overdose on it you would need to smoke 15 ounces in 15 minutes for the chemical to do any damage to you. that obviously is impossible unless your burned a load of weed on a big bon fire in an enclosed room. the point is, cannabis isnt a killer unlike legal things such as alcohol and tobacco...and vitamin A suppliments which cause cancer...and pretty much anything (pure oxygen) when taken in large amounts in a short space of time. so why is cannabis illegal? well i have no idea to be hounest. Holland seems to be doing just fine with their laws, which arguably are much better because it allows better regulation of what goes into the drugs. however anything used in excess is bad, cannabis has a long term psychological effect (supposedly) when taken everyday for a long time, or if you have some kind of vunerabilty to it. heroine, cocaine, crystal meth, diazapam, barbituates, ketamin etc are all bad, you dont need me to tell you this, but this chart will do it for you

http://www.newscientist.com/data/images/archive/2563/25633101.jpg

as you can see LSD and cannabis are low down the list, two drugs i personally think could be legalised with good moderation and control, also ecstasy which is seen by many as a bad drug is less dangerous than ball point pens...if you drink coffie you are taking the same risk as with an ecstasy pill. one problem is that the drug rankings dont make much sense unless you understand them. A,B,C is decided on the drugs social impact, not just its danger. this means illegal imports and trade, predictions of useage if given a certain rank. it can be a bit missleading. your best bet is not to do drugs at all. if you do decide to do drugs of any kind, avoid vitamin tablets and coffie, avoid the nasty ones like heroine, never do to much, stick to ones that are comparitively safe like cannabis, LSD or ecstasy. drinking is usually ok if not done in excess, it also has the best medical support if you do go to far, smoking is bad in general. if you can avoid it dont do anything. i personally like to drink alcohol but dislike drugs or smoking even though i think some should be legalised.

Level 5
Depends on the drugs, but I don't think the gov't is giving us the straight dope. Booze is more likely to trash your life than pot. Really in the end it's a personal choice, though.

Level 26
As a refreshing change, I am pro medicinal marijuana, but anti cigarrette. The main purposes of selling medicinal marijuana are to ease some of the strongest pain, and make money off it too. The main purpose of selling cigarettes is to make money off the less intelligent, emotionally vulnerable, and already addicted.

Level 45
There are good and bad drugs yes.

Thankgod for panadol on those...certain days....and I really really hate headaches.

And i love being high on caffeine since it helps me think better (I day dream alot..too much), I'm but abit more erratic,I get the bad shakes and stuff.

But as for other drugs..no.. I havnt take the "Red marked" drugs like pot and such, I'm not a very social person, this town had their drug dealer jailed about 4 years ago and my parents are VERY protective. The most alc Iv had was 2 beer bottles and thats it... :<
My parents sometimes let me have a shandy(half beer, half lemonade soda) if my brother (who is 17 and has whiskey etc) comes over with beer.

But if I was giving the chance to take pot, shroom or Ecstasy I most likely would, not to be cool or anything or to fit in, I take things from a more spiritual and creative aspect. (yeah , that may sound bad..but...meh)

Heroin, meth and all that, those ones are bad yep..avoid them yep..

However when I get depression I would take any form of drug to induce a permanent psychosis (..yes....a fantasy of mine..don't bother asking) or death or long term damage.

So it depends on my mood I guess, atm I think only certain drugs are bad, I mean the high-core nasty ones. Panadol and beneficial drugs FTW. BUT if you take drugs to be cool, to show off and fit in, BAD, I really dislike that, Go learn to make friends.

and tis be my opinion yep, i ain't no guru either and I'm sure I sound like an idiot but ..meh...its my opinion and choice. L2LWI

Level 13
Drinking is worse then pot. At least when your stoned you can tell what your doing. Drinking is only legal because the economy would never survie with out it, it destroys more lives then pot.

Level 26
Drinking is worse then pot. At least when your stoned you can tell what your doing. Drinking is only legal because the economy would never survie with out it, it destroys more lives then pot.
You mean alcoholics are worse than potheads. Cannabis is a mild hallucinogen. When both things are used in moderation, the marijuana will do more harm than the drinking. Not only that, but the marijuana has a larger tendency to become addicting. The reason a pothead is better than an alcoholic, legal issues aside, is because while an alcoholic may die of alcohol poisoning, a pothead has a little to no chance of having a death by overdose, because a pothead will have already fallen asleep or passed out before he can consume enough pot for it to be toxic. Also, a drunkard may want to get home from a bar, which may gamble his life on the road. A pothead just becomes lazy, tired, and hungry. Marijuana still has some unwanted effects alcohol may not have, however.

Level 5
You mean alcoholics are worse than potheads. Cannabis is a mild hallucinogen. When both things are used in moderation, the marijuana will do more harm than the drinking. Not only that, but the marijuana has a larger tendency to become addicting. The reason a pothead is better than an alcoholic, legal issues aside, is because while an alcoholic may die of alcohol poisoning, a pothead has a little to no chance of having a death by overdose, because a pothead will have already fallen asleep or passed out before he can consume enough pot for it to be toxic. Also, a drunkard may want to get home from a bar, which may gamble his life on the road. A pothead just becomes lazy, tired, and hungry. Marijuana still has some unwanted effects alcohol may not have, however.

The lethal dose of THC is far more than anyone could consume. It is pounds and pounds of marijuana.

Pot has been shown to be FAR less addictive than alchohol time and again; check your facts.

It is true that alcohol has a beneficial dose where pot does not.

Level 27
Never really liked drugs of any sort.. Even medicinal ones I've grown a disliking to. Alcohol, I have a high tolerance to, I discovered that last New Year's, but I don't see the rage. Caffine, which I can never spell correctly, I can't take either, and therefore I have a strong dislike against coffee. One cup in the late afternoon and I stay up 'til 3, when I attempt to go to bed at 11.
Really I've never found a reason to do drugs, I don't care to "fit in" or w/e, I think I resigned that when I became addicted to my computer. Also I hate smoke of any kind.
IDK what people do, as long as it doesn't affect me.
I for one am a drug weenie.
--donut3.5--

Level 26
Never really liked drugs of any sort.. Even medicinal ones I've grown a disliking to. Alcohol, I have a high tolerance to, I discovered that last New Year's, but I don't see the rage. Caffine, which I can never spell correctly, I can't take either, and therefore I have a strong dislike against coffee. One cup in the late afternoon and I stay up 'til 3, when I attempt to go to bed at 11.
I'm willing to bet you're against dihydrogen monoxide too..
IDK what people do, as long as it doesn't affect me.
True words of an apathetic.

Level 21
It is addictive (especially when used with tabacco).

cannabis isnt very addictive, the tabacco is the most addictive thing. or at least that is to say it isnt very dependant. people get addicted to it the same way people get addicted to chocolate, not because it has any dependace value but because its effect is so desireable that you want it more and more.

induces paranoia (particularly when used alone) and inspires lethargy.

usually this is only after prolonged use or to people more vunerable to it. even then its real psychological effect is questionable, even though there is one to what extent it is perminant and how many people it actually effects is still debated. some people take weed every day of their life for decades with no effect while some people will be effected by it.

I get the impression none of you use or don't have friends who are users since you're mostly talking horseshit.

all my friends take drugs, i am the only one who doesnt. they usually take cannabis, speed, ecstasy, LSD or cocaine. i personally have no problem with ecstasy, cannabis or LSD.

Level 5
Cannabis is harmful. It is addictive (especially when used with tabacco), induces paranoia (particularly when used alone) and inspires lethargy.

I get the impression none of you use or don't have friends who are users since you're mostly talking horseshit.

I smoke every week (although I stopped about a month ago to work more). I never found it to be particularly addicting, and the paranoia is different for everyone.

Level 26
Cigarette butts are the most littered item in the world. At least they could get something that can kill you faster? Maybe a backwards operated gun or something. There'd be less of that abominable smoke anyhow.

Level 24
I'd rather that marijuana were legalized, because its abuse does less damage than abuse of alcohol.

Kaitech[SanD];290790 said:
If cigarettes were made illegal then shops like cornershops and off-licenses would be ran out of money for sure, most of the oubs in Scarborough are being given up because of the massive drop of money due too this new smoking ban!

Odd coincidence, I'm staying in Scarborough (Toronto, ON) right now. Here to see family. Also, Denver has a smoking ban, but bars are fighting it. Honestly, there should be permits that businesses can buy to allow smoking on their premises.

Level 14
Drugs are necessary but if possible I would rather avoid them. The drugs I have the most unnease around are those that can affect the mind. Anything that can have a strong impact on the way a person thinks is just something I find repulsive.

I have a long list of drugs I have used over the years but they were all for my health (excluding caffeine). I find it difficult to understand why someone would willingly use a drug. I prefere to not have to take a drug but that is merely a preference.

But ultimately I dont think drugs are good or evil. People use them for a specific purpose. But drugs always have a price for their use. Legal drugs are drugs where that price is generally less than the intended bennefit. But the pros and cons of drugs are not concrete. They are somewhat insubstantial and some people like to play with that and make a gamble to gain the bennefit and avoid the price.

Level 8
The question "Are drugs bad?" is pretty general. I really cannot make an umbrella statement like "All drugs are bad." Now, with the accepted defenition of bad for the purposes of this post being "Something that can directly or indirectly cause harm to oneself or others," I could say that some drugs, such as cocaine, herion, methamphetamines, ect, are bad. Studies about cannabis have proved inconclusive, so I'm on the fence about that.

The legalization of drugs is a more complex topic. The black market, where most people get drugs, often distributes products that are of poor quality. If drugs were legalized, then A the black market would dissapear Bthe government could control drug quality, and also tax drugs C Companies that sold the newly legaized drugs could put reccomened "doses" on the package, because many people die of overdose.

*edit*
Ok, I just read through the posts, and I saw someone say that red wine is good for you. That;s true, but believe it or not, BEER is better. It has more fiber, more nutrients, and more anti-oxidents.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, drugs are bad. Except medicinal drugs when used in correct amounts when actually needed. End of story.

Level 3
I think that anything that can even remotely harm your organism and yet lure you into addiction is a kind of drug. Why? Because of the key words ADDICTION and HARM.

I mean it's not like you're a DRUGadict if you smoke constantly, you're just adicted to nicotine. The definition of a DRUGadict nowadays (as far as I know) gives one images of a person injecting him/herself / sniffing "flour" / gulping pills, but not smoking 2 packs of cigarettes or sipping 3 lts. of coke daily.

Not a very good general point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.