• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenor RISK - A world reimagined...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can say that this map is based in way ancient times - just a few centuries after the arrival of the Draenei. This could explain why Azeroth does not know about Khaleri, and how it is not implement in official games.
Maybe, since it is Risk, the storyline should be about some kind of threat of extinction, which suits the above idea, in that the continent Khaleri was totally wiped out by the time Draenor first contacted Azeroth.

Level 2
Maybe you can say that this map is based in way ancient times - just a few centuries after the arrival of the Draenei. This could explain why Azeroth does not know about Khaleri, and how it is not implement in official games.
Maybe, since it is Risk, the storyline should be about some kind of threat of extinction, which suits the above idea, in that the continent Khaleri was totally wiped out by the time Draenor first contacted Azeroth.

To be fair, look at how advanced the Dwarves, Elves, Humans, and Gnomes were before WC 1, yet they had no idea of the existence of Kalimdor.

The same can be said for this, however, this happens a little after the formation of the Shadow Council and history takes a drastic change. Rather than getting what it wants without having to fight, the Shadow Council has to duke it out, leaving it no time to invade Azeroth. This gives allows for the discovery of the other continent/s and so on.

Level 2
Do you want a detailed story or just like in AvH with no events and just beat the crap out of the other team or a really detailed mode with events and such?
I think it should be a full map, and there should be like a "warchief turn" every 10th turn which changes the 3 different orc factions income after who is the biggest :D
and maybe add a disease that aint in the start, like the anthropods starting with a huge army and being able to expand really fast, but after some turns, they will get a disease/rebellion that weakens their army and makes them vulnerable...
THe orcs shouldnt be that strong cause they would be the only team of 3... maybe add an "war" option to the orcs so they can rebel from the others...
also add heroes for each faction and make them non-revivable but you would get a second weaker hero after it dies which is revivable... and make destructable caps.... also add events for the orcs with more corruption and such and make the mode include buidlers which could build towers but the towers should have a max amount...
You could also make an option where the centaurs can choose to rebel from the elementals, losing elemental units, but gaining some centaur ones...
+enslavement option which works like in WOWR dom so that the big empires could take down the sm,all by taking their caps... though this might cause cap rushing which would be really bad...

Level 8
Ancients: "Ancients are also native to Outland. There once was a grove of ancients in the Blades Edge Mountains, its name forgotten. They lived there in ancient times before the destruction of Outland. Mosswood the Ancient is one of the last of these ancients." (Wowwiki)
Well I didn't really think it would make sense to have the Ancients be their own race, since they are so powerful treants are really the only model that could be used for a weak Ancient. Also, I didn't think I could come up 20 Ancient models and I think they work better as a race's elite units, which is what they are for the Beruang.

Sporeling: "Sporelings are a mostly peaceful race of mushroom-like humanoids native to Zangarmarsh in Outland, where they have their own town called Sporeggar. While fearful of travelers (especially those significantly larger than them), they are quick to welcome anyone to help them."
Well two problems here. One, if you ever played WoW: Burning Crusade you'd know that Sporelings are totally lame. They're OK as a race to assist in an MMORPG, but I wouldn't want to play them as a race. Also, they have no variation (I only ever saw one type of Sporeling, except the babies) and no models. Keep in mind I need 20 models per race and there aren't any real good Sporeling models on this site, even the mushroom models look nothing like them.

Sand Gnomes: "It is believed, although has never been confirmed, that they originated from Silithus[1], but recent discoveries indicate that many of the sand gnomes live in Uldum.[citation needed] How they arrived in Outland remains a mystery."
While this would be funny, again there are no models for them and little is known about the Sand Gnomes. I think in The Burning Crusade they appear only once in a quest where you get drunk or something, so it even says that they may have been just your illusion, except you can kill them so probably not. At least I think that's what happened... can't really remember !
They might be a fun idea to add in conjuction with some other race or two, like protectors of the Titan's secrets, kinda like the Golems and whatever else the titans left behind in Uldaman and now the Tol'vir outside Uldum.

Wow nice deadline xD, the idea seems good, you could do an intro cinematic, if it was scenario mode that is.
What is scenario mode? I wanted to have like an opening cinematic that is different for each player, but wordless. Is that possible? Like no text even, just music.

What about a trade system too?
Actually, I started with an idea about somehow incorporating Negotiations into Risk. It was based off this strategy by Sin Tzu in the Art of War,
"If asked how to cope with a great host of the enemy
in orderly array and on the point of marching to the attack,
I should say: "Begin by seizing something which your
opponent holds dear; then he will be amenable to your will."'
Chapter 11, 18th sentence.

However, that idea morphed into the Special Events idea. I don't know how Special Events would include Negotiating though, like what Sin Tzu was talking about though. It was kind of random and the original idea of Negotiating got tossed.

Now, I'd rather do Story Mode and Special Events as a mode then work on some sort of negotiations of trade system. One idea I did have though would be to include a 'royal family' or something of the like that, when killed is put put in the enemies camp somehow. Then, the person who has captured the royal family can choose to either hold them hostage, kill them, or trade them back to the player he took them from. The royal family, or whatever it was, maybe a king but I don't like that because the leader of a race would be the hero most likely, and I don't want him to be capturable. The thing that is capturable would also have to have some significant worth to the owning player, like it gives a buff or destroying the thing reduces income for a number of turns or something, otherwise they won't care if you have the thing or not.

Another problem with just letting people trade their resources is that it would be really unfair. Big, untouchable and turtling players can feed their gold to warring players, just for the fun of it, really killing the spirit of Risk. This has happened to me multiple times in Free Ally, and I was the one giving away the gold a couple times. There's also other complications with allowing free trade, but something different unique that would allow weaker players to intimidate stronger ones into 'making them amenable' sounded cool to me. Any ideas?
Also, I know you're probably really busy with your own map (which looks like its going to be really good btw, people you should check it out and leave feedback) but would you, Ghostthruster, mind doing some triggers for me in the future? Like special events and maybe some sort of cinematic? If you're too busy though that's cool, I myself have little time for any map but Draenor RISK so I totally understand.

ANyways, thanks again guys! And I'm going now to do some more 'work' on the special events and races and everything fatty and rofl have been discussing.
:goblin_boom:

Trade system, I mean maybe Caravans like in good old Age of Empires II. Players can send caravans to trade, carrying resources, and maybe they can also carry hidden bombs etc. Now you may think; why don't the enemy just kill the caravans, wasting player resources? This is because the Caravans, if they reach the enemy's base, will grant the enemy extra resources, and they also carry back to their owner extra resources. A win-win situation (unless the Caravan is hiding a bomb, or the enemy attacks the Caravan).

And also what about an emissary system, which allows you to send emissaries to opposing nations? The emissary represents 'you'. Whilst the emissary is there, he turns invulnerable, he can bargain for resources with the enemy, OR he can betray the enemy and assassinate someone. If he is genuine, he is allowed to leave the city freely, if not, he will become vulnerable and welcome for the enemy to kill.

About triggers, ask me when you need them, and if I have free time, I shall try to make them.

Level 2
A negotiation system is very hard to put into a risk game, or any other game for that matter... Most games its only rp... and what would the negotiator be able to do? almost nothing though you could use them to maybe negotiate a "protectorate treaty" where the losing faction in a war has to accept some terms, maybe some income they have to give to another player, and they will peace for atleast 10 turns or so... after the 10 turns each player is free to declare war, but the strong player will lose the income bonus if any of them does so, and the weak player will gain back full income...
a command like
-offer peace treaty 25% from "color" 10 turns
would be good if it could be made with all those different options :D
but this might have tpo wait for future versions

Level 2
For an event I have an idea that would involve a new race:
The Race- The race would be some bloated gas beings that float through the air. They could be filled with Helium or something and they could use the Overlord model from Starcraft 1 or 2. They also release poisonous toxins that can cause areas, or the whole map, to be infected by a poison.

The Event- The event would be that these beasts would come to the playable area of the map and release said toxins. It could either be a function like the plague, slowly causing Damage of Time. Or it could just do an amount, at least half in my opinion, to all units.

Edit:

About Dragonmaw Clan- Their name could be related to maybe ancient myths, (look at our culture, dragons never existed but we still have things about them) or there could have been a race of dragon, or dragon-like beings that were left behind by the Titans to guard the planet, as they did on Azeroth.

I may be far too late for this, but Humans are not really British... The Gilneans take up that by their accents... They are very stuck up british people

Another Race- There should be a race that relates somewhat to the Night Elves. There were Ancients on Outland, by the Ravens Nest I believe. They could be like half ancient themselves possibly, or they could have the druidic powers of the wild. OR they could be the blue orcs of the FlowerPicker clan... Sure they were a joke but the model was actually intended to be used by Blizzard. SO we could use this pacifistic clan to fill in the blanks for the Ancients.

Last edited:
Level 2
For an event I have an idea that would involve a new race:
The Race- The race would be some bloated gas beings that float through the air. They could be filled with Helium or something and they could use the Overlord model from Starcraft 1 or 2. They also release poisonous toxins that can cause areas, or the whole map, to be infected by a poison.

The Event- The event would be that these beasts would come to the playable area of the map and release said toxins. It could either be a function like the plague, slowly causing Damage of Time. Or it could just do an amount, at least half in my opinion, to all units.

Perchance, IMO I'd rather the events tend towards more believable things but this is definitely a perchance in my opinion.

Edit:

About Dragonmaw Clan- Their name could be related to maybe ancient myths, (look at our culture, dragons never existed but we still have things about them) or there could have been a race of dragon, or dragon-like beings that were left behind by the Titans to guard the planet, as they did on Azeroth.

God damned, don't be stealing my ideas! Nicks, please look over what I wrote in both forums on all four topics and respond =[

I may be far too late for this, but Humans are not really British... The Gilneans take up that by their accents... They are very stuck up british people

Yar har chip dip g'day.

Another Race- There should be a race that relates somewhat to the Night Elves. There were Ancients on Outland, by the Ravens Nest I believe. They could be like half ancient themselves possibly, or they could have the druidic powers of the wild. OR they could be the blue orcs of the FlowerPicker clan... Sure they were a joke but the model was actually intended to be used by Blizzard. SO we could use this pacifistic clan to fill in the blanks for the Ancients.

No, the Flowerpicker clan is a complete joke. Just look at the name. The only "model" Blizz created for them was a blue army color on Orcs, far from anything special.

Level 2
Dont add the flowerpicker clan... its only 1 model so it would be hard making into a whole faction!

Special events
-King Dies (Civil war where you side with 1 faction and your empire is chopped in half... maybe a bit too OP)
-King Is Sick (Your hero is teleported to cap and stuck there for some turns. He loses 50% of his hp during this time)
-Recruits Needed for (Unit) (Makes the unit unavailable for 1 or more turns).

Level 8
OK well as for the event, I would like to keep the events generic or WoW-related.

One example of this is an event I'm thinking of using called Nath's Might (still working on a name):
"Your bloodshed has gained the favor of the war god Nath, continue to fight in his honor!"
The player's units then do +15 damage for the rest of the game. That seems like a lot, but 15 isn't that much when the highest priced unit is going to be 25g, and the current one is 13g.
Also, there would be some requirements to earn this Special Event (might even call it achievements?):
- Player has over 3,000 kills and more then 2,000 deaths.
- If a player goes over a certain amount of unit power (the gold cost of a player's standing army, a feature already included in the game that replaces lumber) and gold, then the buff is removed. Message could be something like this:
"Your rise to power has pleased Nath, but now he wishes to see you succeed by your might alone."
It is re-applied if the player's unit power and gold drop below the set limit, but only like 5 minutes after the buff was initially removed.

Your event, Navy, does nothing to really balance the game out, it's just a random event that has nothing to do with anything. I think that by tying the events to lore (or just some natural generic catastrophe, like a famine) would be better.

IDK about the Dragonmaw clan, like I said game will take place after Auchindoun explosion, so if there were any Dragon-like creatures they were probably dead by then, but I'll think about it.

As for FlowerPicker clan... dude it just sounds so lame. I really doubt anyone would want to play that race lol.

@Ghostthruster: Interesting idea you got there, I especially like the idea of disguising the caravan as a bomb or just using it for resources, adds another layer to player interaction.
However, there's two issues with it.
First, the enemy could just let the caravan reach their base, giving them resources, then destroy the caravan so that the other player doesn't get any resources. You could just make the caravan one way, but I don't like that idea.
One idea I think might be cool for a trading system is to make it so that players can engage in 'Open-Trade' or something, and they're not allied but they have caravans that travel back and forth between players which give resources. There could also be an option where players choose how many resources a caravan can carry to any enemy base. If they send 15g and the caravan returns alive they will then receive 25g, or something like that. There would then be a limit to how much you could send at once, but sending more would give a higher return, and probably set a limit of one caravan per trading partner. However, some system would have to be set up that ensures the caravans destinations are far enough apart that the caravan trading is not abused, this way players could also have multiple 'Open-Trading' partners if they wanted to.
Either way, there should be an option of rigging the caravan it just sounds too cool. Also, if you have the risk of recieving a rigged caravan and having your caravan destroyed that is carrying your gold, then you might think twice before engaging in open-trade.
What do you think about an open-trade system Ghost?

@fattythefat: I've always believed that there should be some official version of 'Peace' in risk, but I've changed my mind. Now that I think about it, however, in real life nations are totally free to just break and end truces with no consequences. So really it's the players choice to play how he wants, unless there was a game-mode called 'Peace' or something in which there's an official peace command, and if you violate it without declaring war 3 turns in advance, you are penalized. Might be cool.
Also fatty, regarding your earlier post, Story Mode would be somewhere in between 'just beat the crap out of each other' and 'a really detailed event map'.
Will it include an option for Centaurs to rebel against elementals? Short answer, no.
As for Orcs, there will have to be something here that balances this out, as there would be 3 orc clans vs one draenei player.

I also have an idea where, after 20 turns or so the Shadow Council is revealed, and turns some of Gul'dan's race hostile. I was thinking though that Gul'dan could either choose between the Shadow Council (giving him more units and keeping all his resources) or sticking with the horde (losing units to train and losing resources, but also gaining Death Knights after like 5 turns). The idea still need works but something does have to be done to make the Draenei-Orc fight more fair and diversify the fight.

What do you guys think?

Thanks Navy, fatty, Ghost, rofl, lev and ala for all the feedback! I really appreciate it and I'm trying to take all your feedback into consideration to make the game better.
The Arakkoa will also be enemies of the Horde, probably.

Edit: Don't worry Rofl, I know it was your idea first, I think Navy was referring to your idea actually. But it needs more brainstorming before I'll really consider it. Where would they be located? What's their lore? Etc.

Dont add the flowerpicker clan... its only 1 model so it would be hard making into a whole faction!

Special events
-King Dies (Civil war where you side with 1 faction and your empire is chopped in half... maybe a bit too OP)
-King Is Sick (Your hero is teleported to cap and stuck there for some turns. He loses 50% of his hp during this time)
-Recruits Needed for (Unit) (Makes the unit unavailable for 1 or more turns).

Don't worry, I don't like flowerpicker clan lol, I was just considering a peaceful clan that was allies with the ancients, but IDK, I'm leaning more towards an Arakkoa clan that is allies with the ancients in blades edge or Netherstorm (called something different in Draenor, I forget what), ofc there would still be the Terokk led Arakkoa race located at Skettis as well.

As for the Special Events, I've considered Civil War myself, but it sounds too extreme. Maybe the Civil War would just remove 20% of your units and land? It needs more thought though, like why does it happen, to who, mainly consider the effects the event will have on the players and why does it need to be added to help balance the game.

I like the King is Sick one and Recruits Needed, I'll post more later, time for lunch!

Level 2
Flowerpicker was a suggestion... About the Arrakoa- The ancients were being corrupted, I'm not quite sure if it was because of the dragon people or if it was the Arrakoa, but I'm thinking dragons... and I got some stuff for civil war...

Civil War-

Happens maybe 20 or 30 turns in?
Happens to player in the lead.
Loses 15% land.
Loses 25% units.
(change those if you want... that just seems good to me but then again I'm not a mapmaker...)
Causes all treaties to break.
All trade deals to break.
I would suggest making this happen in only some zones, for if they lost it in all of the zones they would be decimated...
Maybe make all other peopl get like 50 gold? or lose 50 gold? Even it out a bit.

Edit- I've given up on coming up with things... Just give me things to make, with the base idea already figured out, and I can make events and stuff like that work :D

Level 8
Something like that might actually work. A corrupted race of ancients allied/controlled by the Arakkoa, and then the pure ancients that are allies with the Beruang. I'm also thinking I might change up the beruang a bit, depending on feedback. At the moment, no one seems real keen on the idea of another furbolg race.

So I'd like to change it like this: All the way from birth to early bearhood, Beruang walk on all fours. Then, as they enter the mid-years of their lives, they begin to walk on two feet and learn to wield weapons. By the end of their lives they have mastered the art of walking on two feet and can stand up to 10 feet tall. Then, a different model could be used, depending on the age of the beruang.
So the younger beruang would use a normal bear model. Then the middle-aged or so beruang adults would use the furbolg model, as they're still hunched over and still look quite bear-like. And finally, elder beruang would use this model.

Also considering adding a wolf-like race, maybe using the same concept as the one above. There's tons of great looking worgen and wolf models on the hive, like this one and it's not that big. However, I don't want to import like 20 models for a wolf race, so maybe combine just make them allies of the beruang? They wouldn't be the same race technically, but the player would use units from both races in-game. Not sure then if I should remove ancients from the Beruang or not if I added a wolf-like race to it. It still doesn't seem like enough wc3 models between a wolf and bear-like race but I'm open to suggestions as always! Thanks guys :)

Edit: OK Rofl so I'm wanting to start the game with just 14 races, see if the custom models cause lag, and go from there.

I think you're onto something with the elemental bit, but what models from wc3 do we use for this? Like what race would replace the Hauren?

Last edited:
Level 8
Anyone have anything that needs more refining? More stuff added to it? I got nothing to do now D:

Well Navy, there won't be a lot of work to do atm until I get the map started, which won't happen until I get Outland RISK out on the 30th.

Until then though, triggers can be done, ideas developed, and races can be worked on.

You were really good at unit descriptions, so could you just hold on until I get the races somewhat completed?

Level 2
I can wait... Anymore events needed help with? I think I did good on the Civil War one :D

About the Wolf race...

Why not make the wolf race have some Beruang in it, like the warrior ones, while the Ancients have the Druidic and Shamanistic Beruang in it? You know, so there can be wolf and bear people, plus the ancients...

And who would the hero be? Would it be Mosswood for the ancients?

Also, will there be like Earthen or something like them left by the Titans? Some Earth made race, like the collisi maybe enslaved them or uses them as a peasent class even though they could be extremely tough...

Last edited:
Level 2
MAke another Wolf Faction with Warrior bears in it... it could be 2 allied groups in the story mode thing... Like the NE in the newer AW versions...
Yeah navys suggestion about the civil war is cool! I think it would really work in game though i think the turn number should be random generated if it is possible...

@Ghostthruster: Interesting idea you got there, I especially like the idea of disguising the caravan as a bomb or just using it for resources, adds another layer to player interaction.
However, there's two issues with it.
First, the enemy could just let the caravan reach their base, giving them resources, then destroy the caravan so that the other player doesn't get any resources. You could just make the caravan one way, but I don't like that idea.
One idea I think might be cool for a trading system is to make it so that players can engage in 'Open-Trade' or something, and they're not allied but they have caravans that travel back and forth between players which give resources. There could also be an option where players choose how many resources a caravan can carry to any enemy base. If they send 15g and the caravan returns alive they will then receive 25g, or something like that. There would then be a limit to how much you could send at once, but sending more would give a higher return, and probably set a limit of one caravan per trading partner. However, some system would have to be set up that ensures the caravans destinations are far enough apart that the caravan trading is not abused, this way players could also have multiple 'Open-Trading' partners if they wanted to.
Either way, there should be an option of rigging the caravan it just sounds too cool. Also, if you have the risk of recieving a rigged caravan and having your caravan destroyed that is carrying your gold, then you might think twice before engaging in open-trade.
What do you think about an open-trade system Ghost?

When the Caravan gives resources to the enemy, they become invulnerable via triggers. So, 100% no betrayals :p Once they leave the enemy territory, they become vulnerable again, so if the enemies are fast, they can follow it, or other opposition can kill it. That Open-trade thing is what I meant(how you deposit 15, and you get 25, so it is fair on both players), however, the enemy does not give you gold, it is generated by distance like in AoE.

Navyseal, I think a Wolf race would be awesome! I dislike the Bearung because they are too Furbolg-like and their name is just...obvious. nickel, what about like a 'Sons of Fenris' race?

Level 1
The Swarm

I have been thinking of ideas and I think I might have a decent one, A race called *The Swarm* infact it would be many races all in one faction and with one purpose. The Swarm travels across the continent devouring resources where ever they go although their homeland is in the desert of Khore, they rarely stay their for long because of the lack of resources. Most races do not know but The Swarm has a far more sinister plot, they steal resources and capture slaves to bring it back to their god figure, a giant of unknown origin who feeds off of the lifeforce of sentient creatures, the more slaves it devours the bigger and stronger it gets. I have found a few models that could possibly be used.
- Blind Beast, Fiend, Flying Fiend, Leech black/yellow, Scorpids from original warcraft 3 models, Old god model (which could possibly be used as their best unit somewhat as a general) The giant - LavaColossus model (It looks like an elemental but its not, make sure its size is much larger than normal elementals, Also this model could be switched if a better giant model is found) any feedback or ideas to make this idea better would be appreciated

Also I have much more lore I have thought of if needed just didnt want to make this post too long.

Level 2
Fatty I dono if you realise it but your idea about the wolf things was in my post...

And Dorn that's a great idea... but is the desert of Khore connected to the orc place or not? I haven't heard much about the terrain, as I've only skimmed the other parts a little...

Level 1
Dorn that's a great idea... but is the desert of Khore connected to the orc place or not? I haven't heard much about the terrain, as I've only skimmed the other parts a little...

Well the new continent that Nickel will be creating is completely new and doesnt have any prewritten lore about it, so thats why I created their homeland of Khore Desert which Nickel can use or not.

Level 2
Fatty I dono if you realise it but your idea about the wolf things was in my post...

And Dorn that's a great idea... but is the desert of Khore connected to the orc place or not? I haven't heard much about the terrain, as I've only skimmed the other parts a little...
I know, I just wanted to add abit more about it :D

I like your Swarm idea dorn and the description of it xD what you are thinking of with the Old god might be the Hero? Prolly should. Maybe they could have slaves as all their 3g units (draenei slave, orc slave and all the others).

I think the biggest wolf units should use some kind of worgen model, which there a some of on this webside, and they should have ranged bears and melee wolfs vs the ranged bears melee ancients/ents...

and was there any undead on draenor? cause then you could make an undead race if there is enough models...

Level 8
OK first, I really like the idea of The Swarm. I'm envisioning them as possesing like weird, deformed monsters, like the ones you posted and maybe stuff like this?

The model for the obsidian destroyer, a scourge unit, would also fit in nicely. Faceless one too? I'm thinking they wouldn't be exactly like an Old God race, more just like deformed and hideous monsters that serve this ancient power. Could you post some more of their lore? So I can get a better idea of who they are and what they might look like.

Oh and they could also have like units from other races, but they're also mutilated somehow, as a part of initiation or maybe its the power of their master that mutilates them when he empowers them? Like this guy would be a mutilated Lost One who joined the Swarm, or maybe he was captured by the Swarm? IDK it's your race :) so you tell me what you want for them. I may be totally off the mark.

Edit: I think I'm finally settled about the Bēarung and the wolf race.

Here's my thoughts. The wolf race will be called the Wearün, as they are closely related to the Bēarung. They are descended from the Earth Mother, and their Demi-Gods that they trace their bloodline back to were brothers, one wolflike and one bearlike but both sons of the Earth Mother.

However recently, a dark taint has infested the Wearün race, driving many of them to insanity. Many of them have reverted to their feral instincts, completely forgetting society and attacking all non-Wearün.

It has been revealed though that a race calling themselves the Defiled are responsible for the Wearün's madness.

Only later do the Buhr and the unaffected Wearün discover that the Defiled are using the remains of the Wearün's forefather to 'defile' the Wearün. The Defiled have since gained control over a great part of the maddened Wearün and are using them to assault the Ancients.

So yeah I'm sorry guys lol it's always a long post with me >< but I'm thinking this is going to be my final revision of the Bēarung, and now I'm adding the Defiled/Wearün.

I'm thinking the Defiled will be a necromantic race, that are mostly skeletons. So the race will use, primarily, skeleton models and wolf models. I haven't thought up yet where the Defiled come from or who made them, maybe the Burning Legion? could use some help here Navy :).

For this race we could use, from wc3, the Lich, necromancer, skeletal warrior and mage. And then there's tons of cool skeleton models on the hive like this and, my fave, this.

Last edited:
Level 2
For this race we could use, from wc3, the Lich, necromancer, skeletal warrior and mage. And then there's tons of cool skeleton models on the hive like this and, my fave, this.

Sounds good.. how about using the normal wolf wc3 model for a 3g unit?
And this worgen model really looks amazing http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...aw-183665/?prev=of=downloads_month&order=DESC but maybe it is too big? And also, the worgen model from LT is also really cool maybe you could use that?
Edit: And this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...r-184887/?prev=of=downloads_month&r=20&page=3
And this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ev=of=downloads_month&search=lich&d=list&r=20

Level 1
OK first, I really like the idea of The Swarm. I'm envisioning them as possesing like weird, deformed monsters, like the ones you posted and maybe stuff like this?

The model for the obsidian destroyer, a scourge unit, would also fit in nicely. Faceless one too? I'm thinking they wouldn't be exactly like an Old God race, more just like deformed and hideous monsters that serve this ancient power. Could you post some more of their lore? So I can get a better idea of who they are and what they might look like.

Oh and they could also have like units from other races, but they're also mutilated somehow, as a part of initiation or maybe its the power of their master that mutilates them when he empowers them? Like Edit: I think I'm finally settled about the Bēarung and the wolf race. /quote

Here is some more lore about The Swarm's god figure - Colos(The true name is unknown but this is what the first denizen of Draenor to contact him called him, Colos means giant in the Khoridian's native language)
Appearance - Engulfed in shadow and the size of the largest mountain giant its intimidating blueflame eyes can make any couragous hero flee in terror.
Extra lore - An alien to the world of Draenor Colos was sent here by his father to feed on the mortals of Draenor so he could become stronger and become a full adult. His homeplanet is a dark shadow realm called Shadeana. All I got for now but I will think of more later.

Level 2
Hmm... Well since the burning legion is here at this time they could be responsible for the corruption of the Wearün. So this is the first idea of what could've happened to them.

Corruption: The Wearün were a once peaceful race of wolf-like humanoid beings. They lived in peace with their cousins, the Bēarung, a group of humanoid bear-like beings. Recently, however, some of the the Wearün have begun becoming more feral, and violent, attacking anything they see. It is later discovered by the uncorrupted Wearün and the Bēarung that a group of beings known as the defiled are behind the corruption of the Wearün.

The Defiled: The Defiled are a group of Orcish Warlocks working under the tutelage of Kil'Jaeden and Gul'dan. They are a small group of the Shadow Council, that only the highest amoung the Council know about. Realising that with more races joining the effort against the Orcs, they set about finding a new way to get more warriors. They stumble upon the Wearün and Bēarung, and immediatly capture one of each. The Bēarung are resistant to the demonic powers of the warlocks and are uncorrupted, and killed as they are of no use. The Wearün, however, become feral and increasingly hostile. Upon telling the others of this, they realise they have the perfect weapon and begin to corrupt all they see...

As this is my first try at the Defiled, it can be changed easily. Tell me whatcha think, and what should be changed. :D

Level 2
Hmm... Well since the burning legion is here at this time they could be responsible for the corruption of the Wearün. So this is the first idea of what could've happened to them.

Corruption: The Wearün were a once peaceful race of wolf-like humanoid beings. They lived in peace with their cousins, the Bēarung, a group of humanoid bear-like beings. Recently, however, some of the the Wearün have begun becoming more feral, and violent, attacking anything they see. It is later discovered by the uncorrupted Wearün and the Bēarung that a group of beings known as the defiled are behind the corruption of the Wearün.

The Defiled: The Defiled are a group of Orcish Warlocks working under the tutelage of Kil'Jaeden and Gul'dan. They are a small group of the Shadow Council, that only the highest amoung the Council know about. Realising that with more races joining the effort against the Orcs, they set about finding a new way to get more warriors. They stumble upon the Wearün and Bēarung, and immediatly capture one of each. The Bēarung are resistant to the demonic powers of the warlocks and are uncorrupted, and killed as they are of no use. The Wearün, however, become feral and increasingly hostile. Upon telling the others of this, they realise they have the perfect weapon and begin to corrupt all they see...

As this is my first try at the Defiled, it can be changed easily. Tell me whatcha think, and what should be changed. :D
This might fit into the story mode, where you first start with being allied to the bearung, but later, after taking some specific area, you become corrupted and gain access to tier 2 units (tier 1 units are wolfs and bears) and you unally the bears... bearung can win you back on their team by taking the defilers main base... the defilers might be a race of their own or a part of the wolf race... if defilers is a seperate race, the wolf becomes corrupted trigger should happen if the defilers take a specific settlement from the wolfs

Level 1
I've been reading lore and apparently there is a half draeni/half orc race but has no official name, according to the description they look nearly human. Perhaps this could be a race on the new continent, a faction that could have orc, draeni and halforc/halfdraeni units in it. Just an idea :)

Level 2
I've been reading lore and apparently there is a half draeni/half orc race but has no official name, according to the description they look nearly human. Perhaps this could be a race on the new continent, a faction that could have orc, draeni and halforc/halfdraeni units in it. Just an idea :)
As Garona? I dont think their are many of them but i already suggested it somewhere (i think i did), but you would have to make up new models for the halfbreeds :/

Level 2
Couple things about the races you suggested.

Garona is only known Half-Orc/Draenei.

First recorded half-elf/human(s) born were the children of Rhonin. First one born was Arator the Redeemer, son of Turaylon and Alleria.

This is from the lore I know (which is quite a lot) but I may have missed a few things. 'Least about half-orc/draenei. And Fatty I was thinkin' 'bout what you said and decided maybe it should be that the bears were resistant to corruption at first, or only weaker corruption, but later or more corruption could corrupt them so they would stay in the race, but it's Nickel's decision, ya know?

Level 1
Couple things about the races you suggested.

Garona is only known Half-Orc/Draenei.

The only known one on the continent that we actually have lore about, im talking about the continent Nickel will be creating. Also there arent very many demon hunters or many other kinds of creatures in Wow risk yet you can spam the shit out of them :)

Level 2
Dorn when we were creating Outland Risk we were talking about that exact thing with Demon hunters but Nickel still decided to put them in the races... Then took the races out. There's only 3... And I believe Garonas' Draenei parent was forced to "do it"...

Level 1
Ya but that is on that continent, perhaps on this new continent the Draeni and Orcs are much more friendlier and even live in the same village, it could work.

Level 2
Orcs really only lived on one continent... and about the Draenei part if you read Rise of the Horde the Draenei lived with the corrupted orcs as they say only a few survived after Shattrath therefore there could not be a lot of them left on a whole new continent...

Level 1
The orcs really only lived on one continent? How do you know this? How do you know there arent different clans of orcs? Trolls live all over Azeroth, They live in Northrend, Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor why couldent the orcs be the same way? I think your reading to much into it. As for more Draeni perhaps one of the ships crash landed on the other continent hence why they are there.

Level 2
The Draenei had only one ship that brought them to Draenor... Know as Oshu'gun... That's the only ship they had since Argus, their home planet... You may be thinking of other ships like the ones around Tempest Keep... Those are Naaru ships, they didn't give those ones to the Draenei like Oshu'gun, and later the Exodar. And while I have no proof of the Orc part, they could live on other continents. And pls again for the Draenei read my other post.

Level 8
I've already almost 100% decided to add a Halforc-draenei race on Khaleri, so this argument is futile!

Navy you do take the lore a bit too seriously. Even Blizzard retcons the crap out of their lore.

Level 8
I've long given up Navy, this is becoming too silly.

D=

A half orc tribe makes just as much sense as a dragonkin empire.

Edit: Also Dorn, I'm really sorry but I'm probably not going to include the Swarm. I think the idea is really cool and it probably deserves a game of its own, but I just really want to make the player feel like Khaleri belongs in the Draenor world, so I'm probably just going to go with either an elemental race or a colossi race as the 6th race in Khaleri.

Again really sorry man, I hope I didn't cause you any trouble.

Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Praise Jesus

Last edited:
Level 2
Why not put the Collosi in the elemental race? Like make them an earth thing, maybe the ultimate unit... I'll help with this.

And Nickel I may take lore a bit seriously, but the game does have to make some sense, ya know?...

Level 8
Why not put the Collosi in the elemental race? Like make them an earth thing, maybe the ultimate unit... I'll help with this.

And Nickel I may take lore a bit seriously, but the game does have to make some sense, ya know?...

Yeah I was considering adding colossi with elementals too, gotta think about it though. Tell me what you think please.

And I agree it needs to make sense, but lots of Blizzard lore doesn't make sense, or its contradictory, so I think taking some liberties with the lore that makes more sense or shoot just works good for the game, is a good thing.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to completely make things up, but rather use the current lore and get creative. Here is an example from the current Draenor RISK gameplay ideas.

"Levixus will be a level 6 eredar diabolist, tinted darker. He holds the Book of the Dead and has vampire aura. Also has raise skeletons (costs 500 mana raises 2 skeletons), remove parasite. Also uses Book of the Dead which “With this book the player can control the Spirits of Auchindoun and call on them.” When the player uses the book, six weak Draenei Spirits (using banshee model) are summoned + 1 Powerful Spirit (Using Voidwalker model, dark tint). Draenei Spirits are 2g units melee, Powerful Spirit is an 8g unit ranged. When player gets Book of the Dead they are given 6 Powerful Spirits west of Auchindoun that were hostile."

Not going to take the time to put all of this in context, but basically I posted this to give you an example of the level of detail I'd like in your finalized ideas and to give an example of how you can use current lore in the game. Levixus is a man'ari eredar who you have to kill in a chain-quest to get the Book of the Dead. So, I just took the character and, as there is no good reason to not include him I just used him to add to the gameplay.

Level 2
Aggonar is a lvl 8 Pit Lord, who waits to the east of the Temple of Telhammet. He holds a legion lieutenant badge (which can be used to summon or control demon units?), and upon his death he will corrupt some holy draenei pools near the Temple of Telhammet, making them the pools of Aggonar.

Real place in Outland. His body is there.

Level 9
Im seeing this thread after a long time,but what happened to the Hauren and where did the kragwhatevers come from?

You could have the burning legion which are enemies to all..and very hard to stop unless all players come together (Vary thier strength against no. of players).This can also come on handy if one is playing singleplayer

Level 2
Burning Legion is the friend of the orcs so it wouldn't be all of them together, it would be many vs BL, Orcs, Wearun/Defiled, and any other BL related cult/ race.

Level 8
I'm responsible for the Krag lizards :D And I believe the bear/furblog race got removed.

On the collisi note, they really wouldn't make an appropriate race for the game, I mean, in standard mode sure for building 1-3 untis, but a full race... I just don't see it :|

Level 7
Seeing as I've been editing for a while (I don't mean experience, like literally editing) and that it's a bit late I might not be completely lucid. Seems interesting. Note that 2 of the bearman picture attachments no longer work though. I'll say more in-depth tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.