• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodadd player selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
He everybody,

I need to know how I can make a vespene gesyer (which is already on the map) only avaible for specific players to build on. Player can build a refinery on it, but I want that specific geysers only can be build player player 1, 2 and 3 .. And NOT player 4,5 and 6..

Thanks in advance

Level 4
Ye, Is the ownership needed? Cause I want to have multiple players have that possiblilty to build on and multiple players who cant..

And where can I changes those things.. I Checked properties of the doodads, but there isn't any option to regulate that ownership, nor the 'allow to build on player' options.. Or need it to be done by triggers??

Level 9
vespene isn't a unit?!?
i just opened editor and it definitly is.
------------
if you want to allow building for several players i would add a buff to the vespene and check with validators for this buff. this requires different build abilities for group of players.
------
or you can do everything with triggers by catching the event ability used - stage 1, if player in playergroup VESPENE1 then do nothing else issue order to stop
---------------
dynamic data only solution is hard but i think you would need to work with different buffs and huge combi validators

Level 4
vespene isn't a unit?!?
i just opened editor and it definitly is.

Yes, i'm sorry.. I know.. My bad..

But Thnx for reply. If i'm home and have the time, I check it out with ur advise..

If I still cannot figure it out, I'll will post some more on this thread ^^..

Thnx !

Status
Not open for further replies.