• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Build area only avaible for specific players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
He everybody,

I already stated this question earlier, but i just can't figure..

Can someone explain me in detailed step how to do the following thing:

I need to know how I can make a vespene gesyer (which is already on the map) only avaible for specific players to build on. Player can build a refinery on it, but I want that specific geysers only can be build player player 1, 2 and 3 .. And NOT player 4,5 and 6..

Thanks in advance!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
An immediate but ugly solution would be to immediately cancel build orders if the wrong player tries to build at the wrong geyser.

This is done using triggers to detect when a build order is issued, check where and what the build target is and then cancel the order if the target is in the wrong location.

Level 4
Yes, I know this solution. But it seems very buggy while playing.

Can't i just make a specifiec area unbuidable for specific players. Or when you try to build on a geyser it gives red squares (instead of green which will be shown if u can build on it) and u cannot command the worker to build on it.

Imo shouldnt be it a big thing to accomplish this, right? Disable a certain area to build on for specific players isnt rocket sciene.. It shoudnt be xD

Someone knows..?? Please if you do know, help me out !!! :D

Thanks in Advance

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Or when you try to build on a geyser it gives red squares (instead of green which will be shown if u can build on it) and u cannot command the worker to build on it.
Think this is only possible if you make separate geyser and geyser extractor buildings for each of the teams.

Yes, I know this solution. But it seems very buggy while playing.
Maybe it can be debugged. What are the triggers you are using currently? Maybe an example map with them for people to mess with.

Imo shouldnt be it a big thing to accomplish this, right? Disable a certain area to build on for specific players isnt rocket sciene.. It shoudnt be xD
I know of no RTS game where this is a requirement. Most RTS games avoid this because it is a source of imbalance or "unfairness".

Level 4
Ye I did this:

Unit - Any unit construction progress is Started.

If
Triggerplayer = 1
Triggering progress unit type = Refinery
Triggering progress unit is in region x = true

Then
Unit order (triggering progress unit) to ( cancel)(replace Exsisting Order)

And yes this works.. Its not what I wanted but .. its good enough yes.. And doesnt look buggy.. Seems ok.. Keep this...

Thnx anywayz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.