• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 type follower system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, so about 3 years ago I found a trigger that made summoned units or specifically set units to follow other units like they did in Diablo 2 ( the summoned creatures and mercs), and I was wondering if anyone had that said trigger? or have a better version that would cause follows to cast magic and such.

Level 3
What are you guys talking about? the WE editor opens it NO PROBLEM, but the game will not load the map, when I click start, the chains go up like its launching, and then they return.

Level 18
Yea we're talking about the problem where if you've got too long of a file-path from the C: it will not appear in Warcraft III when you're browsing your custom map folder (or wherever you put your maps). This is an entirely different issue than the one you're describing.

If you have tried what Frotty suggested then I suggest you post the map to allow a member (perhaps myself) to scan through the code and see if there is anything irregular. It could be that your map is somehow corrupted. Hard to say from just the description of the problem.

Level 29
jsut make a looping trigger & 1 group when a unit is summoned, save the summoner to
a hashtable, add the summoned unit to the group, then in the looping trigger...
  • Event
    • Time - Every 3 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Unit - Pick every unit in GROUP
      • //Load your hashtable value here then order picked unit to follow the
      • //loaded value, in this case the caster, if summoned unit dies
      • //remove it from GROUP

Status
Not open for further replies.