• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

desync probleme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
when ever i host my map on bnet(i use a ghost) most of the time some players get "desync" i know that is server split but is that my map that makes it desync or something else(i realy think its the map because when i host other games it never happens. If its my map is it possible to know what did i screw up to make it desync all the time( hosted 3 times got 3 desync(most of the time 1/2 players get desync))

Level 7
We would need to scower through the code (or you would need to) to look for tall tale signs of blocks of code that might cause this.

Whenever you you use a GetLocalPlayer() block is a nice way to start out.

Level 7
You need to isolate the problem, try disabling one trigger at a time until the desyncs stop.

The questionable trigger for me is EndTrigger, but I don't see why it would cause desyncs.

So, come back after you've isolated the trigger(s) that cause the desync and it'll be a lot easier to solve the problem.

Level 7
Just because it's the only trigger I think could be causing the desync, that doesn't mean it actually is. You should test these things first before attempting to "fix" an assumpitive problem.

Level 7
There is a plethora of reasons for a desync, but by far the most common is the misuse of GetLocalPlayer(), which is an internal JASS call in some GUI BJ's. It can occur at any time during the map, the point is you need to figure out when it happens for you in your map...

You need to actually work a little into testing, isolate the problem...

Play the game several times with a trigger disabled, see if it desyncs, if it doesn't well you might have found the issue. Play on and off your Ghost++ to see if that's causing the problem. Just run through feasible scenarios of what you think might be the problem so you can figure out what is the problem through trial and error, or more effectively, the scientific method. Whatever floats your boat.

At this point i'm seriously starting to doubt that your maps desync is caused by GetLocalPlayer() but who knows!

Level 7
Don't use the ability. Breath of Frost/Flame and Carrion Swarm operate similiarly to Shockwave, so you can use those in its place. War Stomp is another one you should watch out for if that is indeed the problem.

If it is the problem, it should be consistent, so test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.