• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dead Space Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I will use custom blood models found in the Diablo 3 map.
I tried the function for making it completely dark, but it's too much.
I will use a strong dark fog.
Furthermore, I will add more corpses and destroyed parts, so it really looks like a destroyed space station.
The UI will be changed, too.
Let's see which results the UI contest will make.

Level 31
Okay, I started to work on it again.
88WaRCraFT3 has added a lot of cool stuff.
In the next update (which will take some more time) there will be an ammunition/reload (by 88WaRCraFT3) system, custom attack (by NFWar).

The atmosphere will be much darker, bloodier, and scarier.

I contacted Grievous1 for his Dead Space stuff.
I'm now working on the Multiboards which were bugging so much time, but I think I found a solution.

I'm thinking about adding a single player survival mode, but at first I need to fix the other stuff.

Level 31
I think I fixed the All vs All Multiboard.
A new UI has been implemented.
I hope I get the custom attack properly working. :D
I also have more good news, I will use new creep models who really look like in Dead Space.

Screenshots soon

Attachments

• DSA-Screeny01.jpg
    DSA-Screeny01.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 14
I think I fixed the All vs All Multiboard.
A new UI has been implemented.
I hope I get the custom attack properly working. :D
I also have more good news, I will use new creep models who really look like in Dead Space.

Screenshots soon

Maybe I should reskin the model by myself I will send you a pm soon if I finish the skin in order the slicer model will be more look like a dead space necromorph slasher.

Level 13
Ahhh chilla_killa now i see... I forgot to do that damn problem about unseeing damage, send me map, i'll fix it for 30 sec ;) Way how to do it : At everyhero that has reload and you want to have custom attack he needs the buff you know, just go down at attacks enabled = none set it to none, and there will be no more conflict ;)
Edit : Do you want to me make you Auto-Semi Shooting i mean that Autoshot, and the ability to choose where to shoot (something like Manual)?

Level 13
Yes, chilla_killa i can do that, but that will ruin the NFWar's attack system, and plus you will need all that units twice. Semi-Automatic attack (I can do) Only attacking with custom attack with shot ability (So Easy ;D I can do it too), Standard Attack, you mean no NFWar's attack system, if is that right, like i said you're gonna need that units, if you want to see Attack UI, and Current damage, if not, no twice units needed. If you're still sure for this, i'll say you one thing, nobody is gonna use semi shot and custom attack, Q: Why? A: Because there is 70% to miss and 30% to damage target. Q: Why not use semi instead of auto? A: Because you're gonna need to click at target everytime after one shot!

Level 31
The shooting system now works very fine.
Maybe I will modify it so you have your ammunation in your inventory and you see how many shoots you still have.

I also made a texture for the background of dialogs and the options.
Of course I will customize and make the text colours fitting.
Anyone knows where I can edit those texts?

Attachments

• DeadSpace_OptionBackground.jpg
    DeadSpace_OptionBackground.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,627
Level 31
I worked on the shoot system.
I modified the ammo system a little bit, now you have your ammo in your inventory.
There are 4 different ammo types with different missile models.
The reload ability now checks if there is ammo somewhere in the inventory and if yes it moves it to slot 1, so you can shoot again.

Hehe, I just fell in love with these beautiful bullet icons :D

Attachments

• DeadSpace_AmmoSystem.jpg
    DeadSpace_AmmoSystem.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,966
Level 13
Edit these things...

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Author's notes:

[This thread is still in construction! Screenshots soon!] <---- Edit this
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And edit the new gameplay screenshots. ;) Cause there you can see 10 dmg - 10000000000 :D

Level 31
Another update.
1.07.2 has been uploaded, see changelog for changes.

Things that are in plan for future updates:

- optimised reload system
- different effects/damage for the 4 ammo types
- a new mode: Creep Kill Arena (The player who first kills a specific number of creeps wins)
(can be also played then as single player)
- better balanced creep system (maybe I request that)
- a working Alien VS Human System (including a working Multiboard) :D

Level 14
I see no use in working on a warcraft 3 map anyway.
WC3 is dead. No one plays it anymore.
I tried often to test the map on BattleNet and noone ever joined.
The time of Wc3 has ended.
Sad, but true. :(

The story with the no one joining is old already in the best times of the game people wasn't interested in every new map genre maybe you should just rename the hosted game new (btw. can you host? because not every person can host with closed ports and changed firewall options) or you should looking for a active fun clan if you really want that people play your map all in all I have seen games they are more dead as warcraft 3. If you now really give up the project I will be a little bit angry about it... because from the permission from the witd slasher and my account name is not Grievous0 oO.

Level 7
I see no use in working on a warcraft 3 map anyway.
WC3 is dead. No one plays it anymore.
I tried often to test the map on BattleNet and noone ever joined.
The time of Wc3 has ended.
Sad, but true. :(

Pretty much.SC2 ate WC3, also school killed time, dead time killed hobbies.WORRY NOT, BRO! none will like SC2 in some months, maybe even on June half SC2 players will stop it.Why?Because it will become like Dota, many people hate it cause its popular.SC2 went more popular than WC3 at first.Just some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.