• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dead Space Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
...and here you have it. ^^
I personally think that my "Experiments" are a radical success!
Hope you agree. :p

LoadingScreenDeadspacearenaFinished2.png

Level 27
Hmm, okay. But i wont make the names too visible. ;)
I hate adding watermarks and Artist's Signatures to art i make.

Also, follow THIS TUTORIAL on how to import loading screens to maps.
The method it uses is WAY simpler than the one you can find a tutorial on here on hive.

Following this tutorial you can easily convert the image i provide you with into a usable Loading Screen AND add it to the map. :)

EDIT:
Here's the image! And YES, it is 800x600 as the tutorial requires.

LoadingScreenDeadspacearenaFinished3.png

EDITAGIN:
LOL! Sorry dude, just need to make one last modification. :p
In the version with the credit text and such i managed to vastly decrease the font size of the text that says "Arena". XD Sorry, i'l just fix it.

Last edited:
Level 31
Okay, now Players 1-4 are Aliens, Players 5-8 Humans.
You can choose the Force when you enter the Game.
Now finally the Hero Selection System works how I want.
At the moment I'm working on a new Multiboard for the Alien Vs Human mode.
It's a bit difficult but I should manage it.
Made some descriptions.
Of course now there's a new Loading Screen.
As soon as I finish the Multiboards, I'll update to Ver 1.06.

Level 11
Oh well, anyways: No matter what you make it with: Here's the file. :)
Text size fixed and everything ready. ^^

LoadingScreenDeadspacearenaFinished4.png

I wont do any converting or such for you though. I hate that stuff. :S

Awesome loadingscreen :D

Some bad news, holidays have ended, school starts again, I still have to write 5 written exams the next 3 weeks.
I propably won't have much time to work on the map.

School's started for months ago for me. :<

Level 9
I'm just curious, why are you calling this Dead Space Arena when it has nothing to do with Dead Space at all? From the screenshots I've seen it has Aliens for AvP and T-51b Power Armor from Fallout, neither of which are really related to Dead Space (which I have played.)

Seems almost like false advertising to me. lol :grin: I do admit it looks kinda neat, not sure if I'll play it soon though.

Regard,

Jake

Actually I had the same thoughts as Jake Command Wolf. It should just be called something like 'Deep Space Carnage'. I mean, what does an Ultralisk and Crystal thing have to do with undead space zombies?

But that is besides the point, ignore the above if you want. I finished a version of the 'Ultralisk Rush' ability icon for you, take a look in your thread.

Level 27
So far he has loads of content that could easily be related to Dead Space, he's got dead space related icons made, he's got dead space art made and he's named the thing Dead Space Arena.
How about we wait for the thing to go out of beta, and see if he's added more Dead Space related content, maybe using those icons he had made, or changed the name by then?
I'm just saying. :p

'just cause you have a map named "Dead Space Arena" doesnt mean the first thing you have to add is Issac Clarke and a big red neon light telling the players that the arena is in fact the spaceship from the dead space game. ;)

And maybe, he just likes the name.
We're talking chilla_killa here guys, he probably knows what he's doing.

Level 31
Well, my first idea was to create a one player survival map, playing on a destroyed space station infested by aliens.
Then I decided to make it for multiplayers and thought about a fight arena.

I searched the model section and found very much things that I thought could fit very well in this map. I just took what fits best and is easy to use.

If you guys can give/make me good real Dead Space models, go for it.
But I doubt that you know how difficult and time taking it's to create good models.

You heard of a map called Whispers In The Dark? Made by one of the best mappers, Grevious1(well, the best mappers I know of are Grevious1, Illidan(Evil)X, Cion/Booody and maybe De.Facto). Check it out, it is VERY similar, and if you're lucky, Grevious1 may give you an open source one. The main thing is the hero you control looks like the guy on your signature. A simple re-skin is all.

Level 13
I personaly think Whispers In The Dark is overrated (No offence Grevious1) They say its the best zombie map for warcraft 3. I disagree with this, the map called Afterlife is probably the best zombie map, well; for me anyway. I do like Whispers In The Dark a little, just because of its amazing models and skins. But I don't like the gameplay, it ruins if for me.

Last edited:
I must admit that Afterlife's gameplay and style seemed much better, but WITD is far more polished. Afterlife seems very, very... 'unpro'. This doesn't mean it is bad. There is a map called SWAT that got a DC, however it is 'unpro'. What I mean to say is WITD is more like a game by itself whereas Afterlife seems like something the average-joe put together with minimal efficiency and basic features. Sorry for the offtopic.

chilla, you like my Ultra Rush? I hope to see it in the next version!

Level 14
@ Zealon: for sure whispers in the dark is more than overrated but it was just a physic system unfinished project (you should read the information) a base for this project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-3-paranoia and so its can't be really a zombie survival map like notd or other know survivals but I musst disagree with you afterlife is I'snt the best survival map the best survival map musst just be created and for sure not from me... sorry for the off topic but I musst cleared the things about my failed project. keep up the good work...

Level 4
one of the scariest things about dead space is the lightng, i havnt looked at the update, but i can tell you if you need a pitch black map there's a function for it. (downside is that you can't see anything without omnilights, upside is that if you remove hp bars, you might have a scarier atmosphere when something jumps out of the dark:

call SetDayNightModels("","")

Level 13
Hmm, I wouldn't make the map completely pitch black; but I do think that a small, balenced, amount of darkning would be really good.

And It sounds awesome chilla_killa, I can't wait to see the changes, well, when you make them ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.