• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Prophecy Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Project: Dark Prophecy Builder

Project leader: VeljkoM
Team: Silly Lil Ant, Legion King, Alagremm, Azsure

Intro: Younger cousin of DPA this project had less development that lacked regular intervals of work. The goal of this project is not to focus on individual heroes and instead features playable all major DP reboot universe races each with their own sub factions to chose from.

Features:
- 4 races each with 2 paths to choose from.
- Large armies, units divided in categories of infantry, ranged, cavalry, mechanical, champion and monster.
- Simple economy of wood harvesting and gold production buildings. (subject to change)
- Neutral zones of interest. (in progress)
- Hostile neutral forces to annoy you.
- Peons!

Replays of Tests
1# Map version DPBv1.00, Teams 3v3
Legion King, Azsure and Trolman versus Silly Lil Ant, Alagremm and VeljkoM
2# Map version DPBv1.01a, FFA(?)
Legion King, Azsure, Silly Lil Ant, Alagremm and VeljkoM
3# Map version DPBv1.01b, 2v2v2
Legion King, Azsure vs Silly Lil Ant, Lord Pugington vs VeljkoM, Fake King

Level 21
Humanity
Humanity although is one of the younger races of Corinth they are an advanced civilization. They have well trained and well equipped troops to fight of their enemies be they humans or worse. Humans are most efficient in defense and sieges possessing best siege machines of all armies.

Loyalist

Loyalist humans improve their armies with champions to inspire and lead their units. Champions are powerful in combat but their true power lies in their effect on surrounding troops. Because of Falmirian laws humans do not posses any real casters and only have priests that offer healing prayers to the troops.

Rebels

Rebel armies do not have elite units instead they train fast and cheap troops dedicated to hit and run tactics or swarming their enemies in large numbers. As they do not follow the laws of Falmir they regularly recruit casters in to their ranks.
153782-albums907-picture72961.png
153782-albums907-picture72962.png

153782-albums907-picture72931.html

Level 21
Greenskins

Various clans united in loose alliance made of orcs and goblins are army to be reckoned with. Orcs make out most of the army warriors with their superior fighting skills and unrivaled savagery while goblins construct bases and siege equipment. Greenskin army excels at offense be it through sheer might of their army or striking from behind enemy lines.

Might Path

Traditional orcish way of thinking is if you hit something hard enough it will break. The Might path utilizes Trolls whom are resilient to attacks as they are brutally effective at spreading pain.

Cunning Path

When might isn't right then goblins take the charge. Stealth, assassination and sabotage of enemy buildings are what goblins do best and then its up to their orc allies to finish the job.

153782-albums907-picture73607.png
153782-albums907-picture73608.png

Level 21
Thread is open for business and comments. Please direct all thanks to Ant for Teach-tree presentations. Vulrakar will soon be updated while Avians are still in theoretical stages. First post will include newest map and also replay of last test including the appropriate map version with it.

Level 21
No the closest thing to Heroes would be champions and monsters as they are limited more powerful units. But there won't be any character heroes in map because it would be hard to decided who gets in and also hero models in general are far to big and I must save space for whole Avian race. You could say DPB is opposite DPA. The only chance for heroes to appear is DPB campaign but first need DPB done.

Level 21
The original idea for DP builder I took from builder maps (Lotr Builder, Medieval Builder...) and actual first map DPB started during old DP but map was left forgotten (and honestly there were far to many factions back then) until one day I found it and based it on current DP.

This DPB itself instead focuses on 4 existing races and lacks heroes so no faction is based of DP player characters, (except the templar unit who smuggled in).

Level 7
Good news everyone!
185128-albums4264-picture73462.png

Casters for all three current races shall be playable before the next DPB test. Yes, that includes the Faction casters! Prepare yourselves for a lot of evil and a lot of fun!

On another note, ideas for units and unit abilities are always welcome. Suggest either here or VM VeljkoM (or me) and we will discuss it.

SLA Out

Level 10
Well it was discussed with Vel in our secret Anti-Al Council.

The AoE Healing Aura was to be changed to an aura that increases nearby cavalry's movement and its active ability to reduce the physical damage nearby cavalry take by a reasonable amount for a short time.

It has also been agreed that Templar's health should be increased by 50.

Level 14
I'm still sceptical about duration though, let us not forget that practically no one can mass control their soldiers fast enough to avoid a spell (Unless the casting time is 5 seconds or something), and despite considering knights can charge now it could be useful to stop their casting, but dunno... Being playing against Hexers in DotA for years has given me a different perspective of such unbalanced thing.

Level 21
Well as I said spell duration can be changed depending of balance and casting time is more less dependent of the missile speed (though channeling hex could be more fun), personally I think you should complain more regarding rain of fire that warlocks at the moment get. Also humans like orcs will have their own casters, though in case of loyalist more like anti-caster and all casters will most likely be fragile and easy to kill. Also unlike Dota or any other hero map you aren't limited to 1 unit and sacrifices are part of the war. I mean that's the purpose of cannon fodder it is in their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.