• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Invasion II - [ORPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
you wrote Players: 1-10, so that means I can play it singleplayer right? because I really want to play this and I can't play multiplayer.
I hope it will release soon.

Level 9
you wrote Players: 1-10, so that means I can play it singleplayer right? because I really want to play this and I can't play multiplayer.
I hope it will release soon.
Yes you can.

Can you tell me / us how far in % you are?
Hard to say...
Terrain: 60-70% (thank Pidda!)
Classes/Heroes: 100%
Abilities: 33% (75 planned, 25+ coded and in-game. Excluding monster abilities)
Items: 80% (over 600 items planned. Since they're virtual, you can just spam them without worrying about map size or loading time!)
Quests: - (currently there are 11, expect alot more)
Monsters: 20% (monsters have alot of data, they take some time to create)

But as I said before, expect a public release, call it demo or whatever, that will be released pretty soon.

Last edited:
Level 15
WOW!
This looks AWESOME! im kinda big RPG fan, Played a little Dark Invasion 1, but this will, without doubt, make me play alot of Dark Invasion 2! Keep up the good work!

Yet, i got some questions:
-Is the equiped items shown on the characters?
-How many spells will each player be able to have at once?
-How can you make something so excellent?
-Will different creeps pull all nearby creeps too? Im getting sick of shooting a bear with my bow, and the closest Furbolg charges to aid that poor bear!
-Will different creeps have different loot? I once played a RPG and, well, i saw a Bear dropping "Fresh Raptor Meat".

and again - Looks awesome!

Level 9
WOW!
This looks AWESOME! im kinda big RPG fan, Played a little Dark Invasion 1, but this will, without doubt, make me play alot of Dark Invasion 2! Keep up the good work!

Yet, i got some questions:
-Is the equiped items shown on the characters?
-How many spells will each player be able to have at once?
-How can you make something so excellent?
-Will different creeps pull all nearby creeps too? Im getting sick of shooting a bear with my bow, and the closest Furbolg charges to aid that poor bear!
-Will different creeps have different loot? I once played a RPG and, well, i saw a Bear dropping "Fresh Raptor Meat".

and again - Looks awesome!
-Yes, equipped weapons and shields are shown on character.
-7 castable at the same time, but you can store as many as you like in the "ability manager".
-I guess I have alot of free time :p Also many people have helped me writing descriptions and stuff, and Pidda made the terraining, so I owe alot to them.
-A creep will attack you if you come within its unique sight or if you attack it with a bow.
-Yes, a creep carries between 0-3 different items that has a chance to drop on death. You can also steal from almost every creep, up to 2 items that are different from the loot.

Hope that answers your questions :)

Just wow, looks pretty amazing thus far. Just a few quick Q's
- Is that a custom footman model, your using there?
- Will there be different classes?
- Will it be playable multiplayer?

thx
Models with weapons have been either alpha reskinned to remove the weapons, or when not possible, I have edited the model itself.

I have made some custom skins, but tbh, they could be better :)

Level 8
Arkan again hi, if it's not too secret, by the gods how did you make the energy bar to make spells stronger in your movie: 4:29 ? Im making an rpg myself and it just looks.. too cool! If you cant tell me its no problem :) I dont realy expect it!

Gl, im still looking forward for this release! You inspire all of us rpg makers! /salute!
________
Best_sexy_sugar

Last edited:
Level 9
>moosenoir
The bar is not making the spells stronger, it just shows the casting time. It's pretty hard to explain, but I use a timer that runs really fast, increasing a stamina variable up to 100. The bar is floating text made of "IIII" characters.

>Vegavak
Thanks, nice to hear :)

Level 9
Here's a screenshot of the updated Inventory. You can also see abit of the elven city of Alazimir.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 384
Level 2
Custom icons, inventory looks really nice for someone who likes JRPG like me :)

Good work, hope we can test it soon, or at least some private beta :)

Level 4
Best Map ever!
Really cool systems i like the battle system.
DI2 > TKoK :)
Hope you have really good bossfights (try ragos orpg it has best bossfights)
The terrain is very nice many details
Would be cool if you can make the cam moveable if you have cam5
And write some guides into questlog or at start because some ppl are too stupid to pick a hero and leave or to buy something.
Yesterday we played with 7 ppl all friends but 2 left coz of it :)
keep up the good work
PS: y i saved and got splited :p

Level 9
Apparently saving didn't work very well in 2.01, so updated to 2.02!

>Ultimatus
Thanks! I'm currently thinking of ways on how to make it more user-friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
First, I'm sorry for my bad english
It's make me confuse that so many people play this game but no one found any bug.
I played this and yeah its a really good game, but i found few bugs.
There are bugs in some mission that need the player to choose the action. After give 3 weed, the guy ask me to give item to his friend. I choose yes (number 1) but it's written that i choose no (2). There is a same bug on "slay bear" mission.
In the first place that we get the transport airship, there is a spot that make me stuck a few times and force me to suicide. Waiting the transport airship is really boring (I must wait a day for that airship)

You didn't mention how to buy item, and I figure it out myself for about 10 minutes that I must press F1 to buy item.

somehow, I don't no it's my computer or what, sometimes the casting time bar doesn't show up.

Level 13
Ok first test I went to windows before the game loaded and then the screen wass all black (couldnt start the game).

Second test. I managed to start the game and start playing. First impressions were that all systems are pretty complicated and really needs info on quests or something. Took me like 10mins to figure how to buy stuff and how to sell.

The terrain was really nice and camera settings were good. I had bit of a trouble atacking the enemies at start, but the combat system works quite good once you get hang of it.

So I really didnt play it much, but it really seems a good map! gj

Level 8
Okay Arkan, lord of WC3 rpg, is there gonna be pvp in this incredible map? :) a arena or such? And, if you could, make it WASD movement :D i know some german rpg is making that, i have no idea how, just a little idea :D but this game is gonna take out everything i hope, because it deserves it!!!!!!

11/5
________
Decameron

Last edited:
Level 9
>kewlthis
That is known as the full-house bug, the game simply won't load resources when there are too many players in the game (for some stupid reason). I'm working on fixing this.

>moosenoir
Glad you like it, but WASD movement will not be implemented, neither will PvP.

Level 8
But why no PvP? What's to do in max level then?

If you killed every boss, and got the best gear there is?

It's more "user friendly" if there is PvP, many rpgs have a little arena where you can beat up eachother:D

PLEASE make it in some version! :(
________
HEAD SHOP

Last edited:
Level 9
2.04 released

First, I'm sorry for my bad english
It's make me confuse that so many people play this game but no one found any bug.
I played this and yeah its a really good game, but i found few bugs.
There are bugs in some mission that need the player to choose the action. After give 3 weed, the guy ask me to give item to his friend. I choose yes (number 1) but it's written that i choose no (2). There is a same bug on "slay bear" mission.
In the first place that we get the transport airship, there is a spot that make me stuck a few times and force me to suicide. Waiting the transport airship is really boring (I must wait a day for that airship)

You didn't mention how to buy item, and I figure it out myself for about 10 minutes that I must press F1 to buy item.

somehow, I don't no it's my computer or what, sometimes the casting time bar doesn't show up.
Did you play alone when you voted 1 and got 2?
Could you tell me exactly where that spot is? How many were riding the airship?

The casting bar is made of floating text, and I read somewhere that there can only be a maximum of 100 texts at the same time, though not very likely to happen, that might be it.

>moosenoir
If PvP is going to be implemented, it will be in a very distant future, no promises...

Level 3
Did you play alone when you voted 1 and got 2?
Could you tell me exactly where that spot is? How many were riding the airship?

The casting bar is made of floating text, and I read somewhere that there can only be a maximum of 100 texts at the same time, though not very likely to happen, that might be it.

yes I play alone.

I forgot the name, but it is the first landing place (and there is a grunt standing there)

Last edited:
Level 9
New version released.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
v2.05
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Save/Load Compability: 2.05+
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

New Features
============
-Added a new quest
-Reworked classes to have fixed stat gains (code-wipe, last time!!)
-Updated the Class Multiboard to reflect the new changes
-Added additional instructions/hints for new players
-You now have to confirm when selecting a class
-Switching between Attack and Steal is now easier. To fish, type -fish
-A Crystal Ball is no longer needed to view the level of enemies
-Certain trees now become transparent when your hero comes near
-Updated the item database
-Updated the beastiary
-New skin for the Rogue (thanks Pidda!)
-Updated terrain

Bug Fixes
=========
-Fixed an item cloning exploit
-Crusader is no longer stackable
-Fixed so that you can buy spells with full inventory
-Fixed a calculation error on Great Stand
-Antidotes work properly now
-Fixed the Chef rank bug
-Warp stones are not consumed if you cancel teleportation

Balance Changes
===============
-Staffs now fire projectiles (less range than a bow, 0% chain chance), nerfed their damage abit
-Increased movement speed of many creeps and bosses
-Relaced Rogue's trait with an increase in movement speed (Rogues still have superior evasion)
-Buffed Cleric's trait from 10% to 20% healing efficiency
-Buffed Wizard's trait to also have reduced cooldown on spells
-Increased MP cost of some spells
-Improved/updated some monster skills
-Changed Mantra formula
-Increased enemy spawn limits in certain zones
-Enemy spawn rate is slightly faster with more players

Level 4
Why wouldn't "C" work for non english versions, is it used for another command? What hotkey would you recommend? Abilities use hotkeys Q,W,E,R,T,Y,A,D,F,G,H,Z,X,V,B,N

Dont know why but in the german wc3 edition C dont works as a hotkey :O
but only in your map i would suggest "S"

So im now lvl 25 and like your map today we killed the rider wheres the next boss or next island to go on?

I tested the map, to many multi boards i dont like it. The attack system is kidna bugy, it is boring to click on the button or C and then click on the enemy. It is better with your mouse, even if i like the idea charging the stamina to max and hiting the enemy with a special attack still, it doesn't look good. The terrain is looking good. The first town should use more work.

Level 9
Hello people, time for some thread necromancery :spell_breaker:

I'm dropping by to say that version 2.06 is almost ready for release, expect it to be out any day soon.

I can reveal to you that this patch will unlock more areas, NPCs, monsters, items etc.
Alot of balance changes and bug fixes have been made too.

Unfortunately due to some new features, a code wipe is required, meaning any chars made in 2.05 will not be loadable.

Level 3
Normal creeps SHOULD NOT be able to spawn and wander around boss areas, jesus christ they are hard enough, especially the turtle the heals itself constantly.

Level 8
The turtle can be soloed at around 6-8 with every char and i remember doing it at 5 with the paladin type(i can't remember his class)

Level 3
Was playing with 4 people, and it DEMOLISHED us at 4, we killed him at level 8, the level suggestion should be upped or something.

Level 18
omg

ive been waiting to make a new character.

i had a rogue, who was level 27. kicked major ass.

and i was in single player, so at level 12, i soloed the big turtle, with the help of those teckniques.

o and the only legend i met was freaken impossible to kill :p

Oriax had 6000 HP, did trmendous damage, and disabled my spells.
it was cool though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.