• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Custom Heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making a hybrid map of td and custom hero def. and im having a problem with teh abilities... using the folowing triggers i can give the heros teh abilities at lvl 1 and all at once but i want to make them be like normal abilites liek in chlw.. can someone please help me out
Bash
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Tele 4 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to Bash
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to Bash
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)) Equal to Bash
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)) Equal to Bash
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5)) Equal to Bash
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6)) Equal to Bash
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Bash)
      • Unit - Add Bash to (Triggering unit)

Level 22
You cannot add hero abilities through triggers and have them be like you want.
I think you might be able to store them in a disabled spellbook or the like, but I'm not at all positive on that, and I've never tried it.

Level 4
Im making a hybrid map of td and custom hero def. and im having a problem with teh abilities... using the folowing triggers i can give the heros teh abilities at lvl 1 and all at once but i want to make them be like normal abilites liek in chlw.. can someone please help me out
Bash
  • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Bash to (Triggering unit)

in the object editor
Create the same type of unit that is entering in the region but give him the ability Bash.

now in the trigger editor

• Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace triggering unit with UNITw/BASH using the old relatives life and mana

Level 9
my suggestion would be:
-Make a spell book call it "Skills" or something
-Position it at same location where the normal button for skill list that hero can learn is located and dont put any skills inside the book.
-Make another skill book give it the same id as the "Skills" spell book call it "bash(spellbook)" or something so u know wat it is
-Give a dummy skill called "Bash" to it but remove all the "Data-" section in object editor, make sure its just a button has no effects and as all the learn tool tips as the working bach skill that the hero can learn.
-Put the dummy skill "Bash" into the "bash "spellbook" (remember to disable that book later)
-Basically whenever u want to allow the hero to learn the skill give it the "Skills" spell book and the disabled "bash(spellbook)."
-And everytime the player click on that dummy "Bash" skill give the hero the working version of it, u can remove the "bash(spellbook)" afterwards to make the learning button disappear and can add another one, for the next lv of the skill.
This is how I would get around let me know if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.