• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

---Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have lots of question that i need to be answered, please be patient thanks!

#1 How to make an attack system ability which is in MUI? Setting show ui to false,
then adding the ability to the user? I've searched here@hive, but i think they are in GUI.

#2 In making the attack system, is there any possibility that we can add damage by using items,
example, like a gun, without making triggers?

#3 Click to attack? (with the attack system?) I think this is impossible, right? Left-Click to attack? (MUI)

#4 How can I make this?
Explanation:
If there are 4 players or more, north, south, east, and west spawn will be on, then if there
are only 1 player, north only, if 2 players north and east, if 3 players, north, east, and west.

#5 Are there any other ways to make this system?
here:

This system is like custom hero line wars, or custom hero arena, where at the first, i think the first 2 minutes of the game,
You will choose the ability you want, then after that, you'll need to level up to learn it, just like the normal one.

• (Example) Banish
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Banish
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                • Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cffff0000You canno...
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
          • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Banish - Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) Equal to (Item being manipulated)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set level of Banish - Engineering for (Triggering unit) to (Integer A)
                  • Player - Disable Banish - Spell Book for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
                • Else - Actions
With this system you'll be needing to much custom abilities, like, Engineering skills for all abilities, Spell book for all abilities. it's like
when you create a custom ability, you'll be making 3 times of that.

So i'm just looking for an easier way.

That's all, THANK YOU ;)

Level 19
- I think an attack detection system
- Make it like this, when the unit is issued an order on a point, set the point where the unit is issued and create a unit group detecting all units within x of that point. Then damage all unit there. The ability just uses the move ability.
- When you buy an item or select abilities?

Level 9
@Blindman, when you buy it, explanation:

You'll pick a hero > Then choose the abilities you want @ the shops, not buying them to level the skill up, but by normal ways, kill creeps > level up > skill points > choose it :)

Level 9
just like what i said. but it's very boring :) adding each ability a spell book.

i'm asking other ways

Level 5
#1: MUI means multi unit instancable, GUI=Generated user INterface, JASS = programming language (the GUI is based on that-> just more restricted).
MUI only means that this trigger may run without problems with more than 1 instance at a time (wiht unlimited instances, to be correct).
About whatever you really want here: no clue what you mean :eekani:
#2: item abilities contain stat bonuses, damage bonus, hp bonus... in 1 item you can use up to 4 ofthose abilities without the need to trigger anything as long as you need in addition only standard abilities already existing (or customs that only modify those).
#3: no clue.
#4: check player slots at beginning of game/round/whatever.
increase an integer counter for each checked slot that says 'player is a human' and 'player is playing'. Make multiple if/else that depending on the integer number open the spawns.
#5: When you want to buy/select abilities, there is no way around this additional work. HINT: create a dummy type for each stuff you need, then simply copy that one to modify it fitting for the current ability you want.
Another way (if levelups are gained through experience) could MAYBE work by simply adding hero abilities to the unit upon buying a dummy -> during buying process, you would still need to check a variable that tells whether a unit has this ability already, unless each ability is unique -> in that case simply make the dummy that can be buyed unavailable to all players upon buying.

Level 9
#5: When you want to buy/select abilities, there is no way around this additional work. HINT: create a dummy type for each stuff you need, then simply copy that one to modify it fitting for the current ability you want.
Another way (if levelups are gained through experience) could MAYBE work by simply adding hero abilities to the unit upon buying a dummy -> during buying process, you would still need to check a variable that tells whether a unit has this ability already, unless each ability is unique -> in that case simply make the dummy that can be buyed unavailable to all players upon buying.

Did you read the trigger? Or try it?

Level 5
Yes, I've read the trigger, no haven't tried it.
Basically you need something to keep track of what you've buyed/selected/whatever. So far it doesn't make much difference imo if you buy an item and store that item somewhere and check or make arrays/hashtables for players where you store in integers what ability you've already got.

I've just wirtten down partially what your trigger does in order to make things easier for dl;dr people (to long; didn't read).
PLUS, by repeating, I added with an IF what might be another solution at some point. And this last one made it imo necessary to repeat your stuff to show the difference.
I apologize if this seemed offending to you, wasn't my intend.

Status
Not open for further replies.