• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom AI - Undead doesn't send Acolytes to expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Alright, so I've been making this small li'l fun custom map where the player has to gather a certain amount of gold in a place with lots of Mines all the while the enemy Undead has to disrupt the player. Kinda similar to the Terrazine Harvesting mission in SC2 Co-op and Wings of Liberty.

So I made sure the AI builds a lot of small Expansion Bases to assert territorial control but the only problem is the fact that they don't send Acolytes over to harvest the Haunted Gold Mines they managed to claim.

I do have this Condition for when the Undead AI builds Acolytes, which checks if the AI has 'haunted' the gold mine. I do believe this is the problem but the thing is that if I remove the condition, the Undead AI builds a lot of Acolytes in his main base, since it's in his priority list to train like 20 Acolytes.

I'd rather not use any triggers as I want the Undead AI to play fairly.

Any of you guys have a solution for this annoying obstacle?

Level 39
Are the mines pre-haunted or is the AI successfiully haunting them but notnot send any MORE acolytes. What if you just manually move the acolytes right next to the claimed gold mines vi triggers to see if the AI will use them once they're there? If that works you could come up with some sort of logic to dictate which camp they should be moved to and when.

Level 13
Mind if I take a look at the AI script?
I usually use "number of mines controlled" as an integer condition check for a multiple of acolytes produced.
The more haunted mines successfully constructed, the more acolytes the AI will produce.

In the production tab, I also use "mine 1, mine 2, mine 3, etc" to dictate where each acolyte goes (instead of, say, having 20 acolytes hanging out in the main base).
The priorities list can also manipulate this, like with prioritizing an army over haunted mines and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.