• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Custom AI, crashes when it mines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Map attached.
When the Nerubian(Undead) AI harvests gold from the expansion the game crashes. (To see what i mean, run game as spectator and have an insane AI play as nerubian.)

I want to use the "Haunted Gold Mine", because it looks cool, and have an ability attached to it. I dont want the computer to stand around it, in a circle though, so i replaced the "Blighted Gold Mine ability", with "Gold Mine ability". Works all fine, and AI knows how to harvest from it. But when the AI tries to harvest from a normal gold mine, not a "Haunted Gold Mine", the game crashes. This only happens when the AI, tries to harvest from it, and not when a player tries to do so.

I don't know how to fix, i've spend so much time on it, if anybody could help me i would be very grateful. You will be credited of course.

Edit: Attached the error message i get.
Edit, Edit: Attached screenshot just before the crash.

Last edited:
Level 16
Hey dude I tested the map and it's great. I do not see the undead crashes but I used orc. When I am attacking the neutral units it crashes.

Never experienced that before, just you i belive. And to your other comment, not really, if i make it a Blighted Gold Mine, it works just fine, and if i make it a normal gold mine, AI dont know how to expand.

Level 6
Never experienced that before, just you i belive. And to your other comment, not really, if i make it a Blighted Gold Mine, it works just fine, and if i make it a normal gold mine, AI dont know how to expand.

Hey, What units enter the gold mine when it crashes? Is it undead?. Cause when i am mapping long ago, I tried to add an ability to a villager the carry corpse ability of the meat wagon and it crashes when i load some corpses. It is similar to that problem cause it is similar carry unit ability.

And yeah if you can't find any answers try to create a new gold mine just like the undead gold mine but put the gold mine ability in it and the others you needed.

Last edited:
Level 16
Hey, What units enter the gold mine when it crashes? Is it undead?. Cause when i am mapping long ago, I tried to add an ability to a villager the carry corpse ability of the meat wagon and it crashes when i load some corpses. It is similar to that problem cause it is similar carry unit ability.

And yeah if you can't find any answers try to create a new gold mine just like the undead gold mine but put the gold mine ability in it and the others you needed.

Attached screenshot, of unit just before entering. And also as said, it is only when the AI enters the gold mine, not when a player does it. Yes the unit got an classification as undead, which i have also tried to chang around, still same problem.

Level 16
Here is my suggestion, change the costum AI Gold Mine to Haunted Gold Mine, that should do, that's all you can do, I think....

EDIT : Why there isn't any Haunted Gold Mine in the AI, I open the map's AI and I don't find Haunted Gold Mine in the Gold Mine List???

Regards,

Daffa the Mage

Hive Mage

Long explanation, but good news, after hours of research and testing i solved the issue!

Simple fix really, the gold mine now contains both the Blighted Gold Mine ability, and the Normal Gold mine ability. But since the workers cant harvest a Blighted Gold Mine, i get the results i want, without the game crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.