• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curved Strike

Level 3
logo.png

Hello everyone!
I am pleased to present a new take on the Direct Strike map, featuring a multitude of parameters and extensive statistics during gameplay. Moreover, the maximum number of players has been increased to 10. I envision this project as an open-source map where anyone can contribute additional logic (the ability to add configurations will facilitate the inclusion of extra parameters with ease). Currently, the map is fully functional in terms of logic. Additionally, I hope someone will undertake the creation of the landscape.The map was developed with a complete separation of logic and landscape, allowing for easy modifications. Additionally, this map can be an excellent example of creating a map using Lua

You can view the source code and details here: GitHub - aleksandrGabdrakhmanov/curved-strike-wc3-map
I have attached the current version map.

economy.png
general.png
heroes.png
units.png

heroes_panel.png
players_panel.png

Attachments

• curved_0_2_3.w3m
    8.1 MB · Views: 5
Level 3
I am currently adding a 'score' column to the final score. Perhaps someone will have some thoughts on this matter. In DS, the score is calculated using the formula: kills + damage/250.

I want to add more parameters for calculating the score. For example, I propose the following calculations:
  • 1 point for each army/food.
  • 1 point for every 100 gold earned.
  • 1 point for every 15 summoned unit kills.
  • 1 point for every 10 non-summoned unit kills.
  • 1 point for each hero kill.
  • 1 point for every 15 points of damage dealt to a tower/base.
  • 5 points for each hero level.
Do you have any ideas on what else could be added? I will implement interesting ideas. Or if you have knowledge of Lua and the editor, let's try to do this together.

I have the following ideas in my backlog that can be added:

1. The 'force ability' parameter - when this parameter is active, a separate button with abilities appears. When you press an ability, units/heroes immediately use it.
  2. The 'max units' parameter - the maximum amount of available food. Currently, it is infinite.
  3. The percentage of health for units/heroes relative to their current health. By default, it's 100, but it can be set from 1 to 300.
  4. The 'reroll' parameter and its cost - When activated, a reroll button appears for the builder - a new random set of units is provided for money.
  5. Adding different terrain maps to choose from. For example, the current one is 'Direct'. Next could be terrain with height variations - units move downwards towards the center where there's a river with a narrow bridge, etc.
  6. The ability to deploy armies in multiples of x1, x2... the armies double/triple in size and advance side by side in a broad front.
  7. A configurable statistics panel - allow each user to adjust what they want to see on the statistics panel. This way, more interesting statistical parameters can be added without cluttering the panel.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello everyone!
I've updated the map (v0.2):
  1. Added some design elements. Now, the map doesn't look empty.
  2. Added the calculation and display of the score.
  3. Added the option to select modes x1, x2, x3

Screenshot from 2024-02-02 23-32-17.png
1706905998004.png
1706906036351.png

Level 3
Hello! I've made some more improvements to the map (v0.2.1):

• I've refined the start menu. I understand that a large number of parameters may look confusing. Therefore, I've highlighted the preset game modes, selecting which will choose certain parameters.
  • I made all the changed parameters highlighted in red.
Screenshot from 2024-02-04 18-15-24.png
Screenshot from 2024-02-04 18-15-59.png
Screenshot from 2024-02-04 18-14-53.png
Screenshot from 2024-02-04 18-16-28.png
Screenshot from 2024-02-04 18-16-43.png

Level 3
Hello!
I added Dota mode. Now you can control heroes in this mode (v0.2.2):
1707503439605.png

Level 3
What does that entail? Be advised that we don't allow DotA or any other maps (or parts of maps) copied and uploaded here.

I called one of the game modes this way - it's all like in a Direct Strike map (you still build units and they fight automatically), but now you need to manually control the heroes (like in a Dota map). As a result, it turned into a mix of the two modes. Of course, I can rename this mode to something else if using the word Dota is not allowed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I called one of the game modes this way - it's all like in a Direct Strike map (you still build units and they fight automatically), but now you need to manually control the heroes (like in a Dota map). As a result, it turned into a mix of the two modes. Of course, I can rename this mode to something else if using the word Dota is not allowed.
You could rename it if you want to MoBA or AoS (that's basically what DotA is). I was however referring to the actual game(play). If it's not exact DotA heroes, it's OK.

Level 3
Hello everyone! The new version is here (0.23), with new configurable options:
  1. Reroll Button: Allows players to reroll units for 600 gold.
  2. Reroll Every Wave: The set of units available for building changes to a new one with every subsequent wave.
  3. Full Random: Players are given random units, regardless of whether they are Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3.
  4. Units in Each Set: Specifies the maximum number of units in each set (applicable for Full Random only).