• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CSW - Installer and Assets

Asset pack and installer for
Chronicles of the Second War

To help with the bandwidth issues of CSW installer and assets, I've created this tool.
Contents

Asset Installer (Binary)

Asset Pack (Binary)

Reviews
Archian
Approved. This will help a lot of people in that they won't have to wait for the Google Drive.
Level 1
The asset pack file is downloading so slow its literally gonna take days. What can i do? Everything else downloaded fast even the game file itself.

Level 2
Hello, I've posted it in the main mod thread but this place is more appropriate.
Basically I'm on Linux and I tried using the asset installer, it worked "fine" except that something didn't work and result is the same as @Viking screenshot (and I'm using reforged graphics).
I managed to make it work by installing windows on a vm and running the asset installer there, then copying the Warcraft III folder and now assets are correctly rendered.
It could be nice if someone with knowledges about Linux could find a better solution than this :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
For the record the download speed is perfectly fine for me.

The asset pack file is downloading so slow its literally gonna take days. What can i do? Everything else downloaded fast even the game file itself.

Where is the google drive mirror for the game asset files? I'm having a bit of trouble downloading straight from the site.

I haven't seen a download this slow since I had dial-up in 2004. XD

Anyone having problems with slow load times from this site, this link includes a download mirror. I went from a 4 hour download to 10 minutes.

What internet speed do you guys have? I would suggest you try to download it again. Sometimes the site is making a backup. That may effect download speed and/or load times.

@Ralle perhaps you can provide another explanation/solution?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What internet speed do you guys have? I would suggest you try to download it again. Sometimes the site is making a backup. That may effect download speed and/or load times.
I don't think it's related to any of those. For some time now, I've been downloading 100mb maps or over with low speeds when I can download a 1gb campaign from Google Drive in a matter of seconds.

Level 1
Hello, im noob here so sorry if wrong channe, im a lover of W3 since kid. Now i see the trailer of this amazing mod i want to play it!

i did everything like the installation guide shows but when i start the campaign it looks like some textures didn't download correctly or something like this? Can anyone help me please?

Note that i am spanish, so sorry for my bad english!

Thanks u for read and sorry if wrong channel or place

Attachments

• fullhd.png
    fullhd.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
  • bugw3.png
    bugw3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 271
Level 1
Hello, im noob here so sorry if wrong channe, im a lover of W3 since kid. Now i see the trailer of this amazing mod i want to play it!

i did everything like the installation guide shows but when i start the campaign it looks like some textures didn't download correctly or something like this? Can anyone help me please?

Note that i am spanish, so sorry for my bad english!

Thanks u for read and sorry if wrong channel or place
So I Already fix it idk how, but i will write what i did if it helps to another person.

I run CSW_Installer as administrator, like the guide shows, and then i didn't close the CSW screen and not reboot the PC just launch w3 and the campaign works correctly

Click button “Load Resource” - pick the Asset Pack
17def230-db66-4f7c-a2bf-117548de70ef-png.457963
Wait till the archive is unpacked

Attachments

• fixedw3.png
    fixedw3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
Level 1
I can't even launch the CSW_Installer, too bad I want to play it badly...., can anyone help me with this case?

Level 1
Lok tar! Thank you for your titanic efforts! I'm enjoying this campaign as a kid!
I've read info about crashes that happen to some players related to hidden chapters.
For me: if the game music was turned on at the moment of saving the game but is turned off when loading save -- the game crashes. Maybe it helps with debugging