• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contest #1 - An Epic Battle Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I would prefer more...traditional battle scenes in this contest. Pokemon doesnt really seem like the kinda thing that would have blood, hacked limbs, and screams of terror...and starwars is kinda..meh...

It depends on the pokemon....:hohum:
And as for starwars being meh, I fully agree if the next sylables are -galy awesome and epic
How can you say that the Anakin vs Obi-Wan in #3 wasn't epic?
I'm forgiving enough, NearbyHermit, I forgive you
Is it alright to showcase my ideas?
P.S.- NearbyHermit, what was the idea I gave you? The LOTR vs Star wars thing, or something far more...sinister....?

Level 17
It depends on the pokemon....:hohum:
And as for starwars being meh, I fully agree if the next sylables are -galy awesome and epic
How can you say that the Anakin vs Obi-Wan in #3 wasn't epic?
I'm forgiving enough, NearbyHermit, I forgive you
Is it alright to showcase my ideas?
P.S.- NearbyHermit, what was the idea I gave you? The LOTR vs Star wars thing, or something far more...sinister....?

epic in this case would refer to whole armies of awesome. not a duel.

Level 17
Current WIP.

It's possible I was wron but I got te impression he meant epic scale. not epic cool. Though with any luck itll be both.

Tell me what you guys think so far.

Attachments

• scene.jpg
    scene.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 119
Level 7
Hmmm.....now who could that warlock be?
I wonder....maybe your avatar could give us some clues....
Good so far!

Level 35
YES! stop arguing about ideas in this contest, and start taking it seriously please.

I want to see some nice well made, thought out, EPIC artwork...not silly combinations of ideas already made.

I am giving you a whole MONTH to work on this, I would dearly love to see some art work that is not slapped together.

(darkholme, and Frosty, and the titan guy are exceptions to this, as they have not slapped stuff together)

Level 4
YES! stop arguing about ideas in this contest, and start taking it seriously please.

I want to see some nice well made, thought out, EPIC artwork...not silly combinations of ideas already made.

I am giving you a whole MONTH to work on this, I would dearly love to see some art work that is not slapped together.

(darkholme, and Frosty, and the titan guy are exceptions to this, as they have not slapped stuff together)
My main problem is that im not so good at multi-characters-drawings ...
Even not body's .. :bored: I draw teh faces ^_^

Level 17
Here's my last WIP for the day.

Added a bunch of character detail/shading.the mage in the back by the house is fairly close to finished, for example.

Likely the minotaur is the most noticeable, but I added detail to all the characters shown.

and just to note. these screenshots are about 50% size.

Attachments

• scene.jpg
    scene.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 116
Level 11
Here's my first WIP. Terrible quality due to the fact it's from my bad digital camera. And most are stick-things still. But I'm doing the rest on the comp so I just needed positioning.

Attachments

• prot-bio-battle1.jpg
    prot-bio-battle1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 159
Level 26

I take offence at that : (

Should I try and polish my doodle up a bit more?

Level 17
I am so awesome I can even draw a stick figure of a portrait!
stix-1.jpg

I wasn't saying you couldnt use a stick figure for a portrait, I was saying that for a portrait a stick figure is not necessary.

Edit:
I'd like to start that I will be leaving the comp, as well as not making any more scratch digital art with a mouse. this means no digital art until I manage to get a tablet. when I move the mouse diagonally I get a bunch of straight vertical and horizontal lines mixed in. It's simply too frustrating. I can compensate for it, but it takes me forever. and im sick of doing it. I can do a photo edit or an edit of an already existing image fine, but I won't be doing any more from scratch drawings till I get a tablet, which may not be until late may. at earliest itll be early may.

its possible that part of my problem may be my mouse itself, as its a laser mouse. who knows. either way, I'm broke, so until I can nag my mother (whom I don't live with but occasionally bug for money) to shell out for a tablet no art from me.

So I'm out.

(Unless someone wants to donate me a tablet or the 50$ canadian+tax it would cost me for the cheapest tablet on the market)

Last edited:
Level 7
I hope to have a WIP soon, as soon as I can get my PICTURE BACK!!!!!!! (I'm never gonna bring anything to Supermj's house again :hohum:)

P.S. sorry for the noobitude.....how do I make a thumbnail?

Last edited:
Level 7
Explain yourself,you mean to attach a pic to the post and to be a thumbnail,make the picture format to *JPG.

I mean whatever the other people are doing to put their pictures here
Do I have to host it on Imageshack (that's what I use ofr my avatar and stuff) and then attack it? If so, how?
If not, do I upload it from my computer? If so, how?

EDIT: Ok, I hope this works:

Attachments

• pefectedqj3.jpg
    pefectedqj3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 7
Yes....I can't color, my 'talent' lies in pencil

EDIT: Here's my second WIP. I know it's smaller, but Imageshack is being screwy. What do you thimk?

Attachments

• EPICITUDE2.jpg
    EPICITUDE2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Level 7
OK Question
My picture is bigger than 800 by 600, can I send you the Imageshack http so you can see it in all its glory?
Can I please get it to you tomorrow? I'm having problems

Last edited:
Level 12
Wait, when you say handdrawn, do you mean like using a digital drawer + doing it with the mouse?

Or you mean literally drawing it, taking a picture, and uploading it?

Status
Not open for further replies.