• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contest #1 - An Epic Battle Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
It doesnt matter. The rules include both.

Hehe, thats pretty cool

In that case, for the next competition when I figure out my whole computer setup, I will upload a hand-drawn picture that will look awesome :D

Level 7
Alright, here's my final entry, I know it's a bit small but Imageshack doesn't like me. It looks a little better bigger, because you can see the details better, but I think it's OK as it is
Check it out at http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finished2gz3.png

Here’s my picture’s story:
The elves are fighting the army of skeletons in a battle of good vs. evil. The two in the middle are a Necromancer (left) and an angel (sort of obvious). The evil obelisk (which empowers the necromancer) reads darkness and death and the base says life is fleeting, but death is forever. The skeletons’ weapons are corrupted; the two elves killed by them are turning into skeletons themselves. The good obelisk (right) reads light and life and the base says peace over fear, light over dark, life over death. The elves’ weapons are empowered by Holy Fire, and are lethal to undead. Even though the numbers are unmatched, the Necromancer’s main power is going into fighting the angel, so the enchantment keeping the skeletons ‘alive’ is weak; so one elf can fairly easily defeat one skeleton. The Necromancer is also calling up more dead to serve him (the graves opening). My creative use of mediums was that I drew all combatants separately, and then positioned them on the computer, as well scanning the background and positioning it. I also drew a few parts of the picture and touched up the scanned drawings (my scanner is bad) I hope you like my picture!

Attachments

• finished2gz3.png
    finished2gz3.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 665
Level 26
Final entry! Untouched from my first one -_-''

Essentially a group of Blood Elven Knights being ambushed by assorted Undead Abominations and Ghouls. By the way, that Blood Elf looking thing in the background was supposed to be a statue standing on top of the Sun Well.

Attachments

• -_-_-.GIF
    -_-_-.GIF
    103.2 KB · Views: 242
Level 7
WAIT!! I GAVE THE WRONG PICTURE!! Sob...it's missing two combatants. I swear I had it done yesterday, I just put up the wrong one. I'm very sorry. Really. Please let me enter the right one (I'm not taking advantage of your mercy, I'm announcing that I screwed up and would like to fix it)
The proper one is http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fixedmb2.png

Last edited:
Level 12
I was gonna say I thought it was missing the elves turning >< (or perhaps the skeles who got killed?)

Level 7
Goblins are good beings, but they are stupid intelligence-wise
By the way, frostwhisper, where were your 2 WIPs? Did I just miss them?

Level 12
Frostwhisper is a liar!

I'd just like to say that frostwhispers WIP is f*cking sick, and it has my vote

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Goblins are good beings, but they are stupid intelligence-wise
By the way, frostwhisper, where were your 2 WIPs? Did I just miss them?

Here they be: two goblin warriors.

why would they be stupid intelligence-wise if they create so many goblin inventions?

Maybe because these are not the WarCraft goblins? Sheesh...

i think frostwhisper just drew some retarded goblins.. look at the mage, hes casting a storm over his head..

Yep.

Frostwhisper is a liar!

I'd just like to say that frostwhispers WIP is f*cking sick, and it has my vote

It's not a WIP. The two seperate goblins were WIPs. All the avatars I submitted to that avatar thread were WIPs (I was just lazy to add them all here since I needed only two). And as the title of my final entry stated (and you can easily notice I haven't edited that post): I'm done.

i dont think it will be accepted. time wise

Well, I was away for the past ten days when Elenai made that post conserning the final entries, so I couldn't argue earlier, but I'm sure he remembers me working on this way before most of you, as stated in the following post:
I am giving you a whole MONTH to work on this, I would dearly love to see some art work that is not slapped together.

(darkholme, and Frosty, and the titan guy are exceptions to this, as they have not slapped stuff together)

Also, if you people want more proof that that was my submission check posts 80 and 81 in the thread, where I state my case in a terse, clear way.

Status
Not open for further replies.