• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am working on the hero spells in my footmen frenzy map and one of the heroes is a warlord. Anyways, I am trying to create a trigger spell that involves forcing units in an area of effect around the targeted unit to attack it, kind of like forcing a unit to use taunt. So far i was going to use acid bomb as the spell the hero uses as a dummy. Look at my screen shot for what i have so far, i want to make the area labeled "playable map area" into an area of effect like used in spells using a number value I.E. 750 etc., but am unsure how, can anyone help me?

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 263
Level 23
Your image attachment is rather blurry so I can see what it says :s
Anyways I think you do want something like this?

• TauntSpell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 750.00 of temppoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temppoint )
The matching options in the unitgroup is an example, but normally you wouldnt try to attack with your own allied unit or with a unit which is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.