• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need help with aoe taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making aos map of mine, and i need aoe taunt for my grunt. Aoe taunt should be the same as the axe's berserker call except it wont give him bonus armor, it will reduce taunted unit's damage. For damage reduction i know how to settle it with dummy unit casting howl of terror, but i need forcing trigger that will order nearby units to attack the caster(Hero). I would like if some of u guys coul give me a clue how to handle this spell.:wink::thumbs_up:

Level 4
If you don't want the hero casting the taunt ability to be able to accept other orders while under the influence of the taunt spell you could write a trigger that will unselect the hero if it is selected while it has the specific buff that your taunt spell gives the caster.

• Unselect for Taunt-Terror
  • Events:
    • Unit - Unit is selected
  • Conditions:
    • (Triggering Unit) has buff (Taunt-terror caster buff) equal to true
  • Actions:
    • Unit - Unselect currently selected unit
I'm not certain the action line is under unit, it may be under game interface, but it does exist.

Level 12
Is is under Selection.
I think you meant the units affected by the taunt.
Also when adding the buff to them, unselect them.

Level 11
Look at this and tell me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• taunt.JPG
    taunt.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 134
Level 12
You are wrong.
This will not reduce the damage the affected units deal.
P.s. Buffs are only there for aesthetic reasons, they do nothing whatsoever.

Level 4
I L-O-V-E the hive's tutorials. I've learned SO much from them.

One suggestion, if you come across a tutorial that seems a little to deep for you then leave it alone and find one that you can understand. Then, before you know it, you'll find yourself reading and understanding the tutorial that you previously found baffling.

Level 17
BTW, i've been thinking about making a similar skill to that taunt as well, but i haven't yet(Wc3 taunt sux). I was wondering, isn't there a disable unit control action in GUI? I believe that it is something like that that icefrog uses, since your abilities all goes black(like when u pause a unit).
(Oh and if you uses this or the deselection system, u don't have to base it of taunt, just base it of howl of terror and you'll get rid of dummy units:cool:)

Level 20
Just set CASTER = casting unit and when unit casts TAUNT it adds all nearby enemy units around the caster to the Unit Group TAUNT_UNIT and then you turn on trigger TAUNT LOOP that makes "every 0.1 seconds pick all units in a unit group TAUNT_UNIT and order picked unit to attack CASTER".

Level 4
Just set CASTER = casting unit and when unit casts TAUNT it adds all nearby enemy units around the caster to the Unit Group TAUNT_UNIT and then you turn on trigger TAUNT LOOP that makes "every 0.1 seconds pick all units in a unit group TAUNT_UNIT and order picked unit to attack CASTER".

.1 could be buggy. If the unit's attack speed is low (say, mortar teams for example) then the unit will restart its attack animation every time it is ordered to attack (every.1 seconds!) so it will never be able to finish an attack because it will keep starting the animation over.

Status
Not open for further replies.