• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Color-Texting Tutorial

Level 7
After some Color-Texting-Tutorials I have seen here, I decided to make an easy one which is easy to understand. If you want to make some text in your map in a specific color, you have to put a special code in front of it. Now I will explain how this code can be used...

DIFFICULTY: 2/10 [Easy]

First, I will explain what you have to write in front of the text you want to color.
Let's say, you want to have a complete red sentence we do that:

|cffFF0000Hello, this is a test-sentence!

In your map this sentence will be colored in red now. But if you have a large text or many sentences and you only want to color one of it or for example some words you have to do this:

|cffFF0000Hello, this is a test-sentence!|r

After you put the "|r" behind some text, all text that comes after it will be in the default color which means white (means "end color code").
But now I'll show you how to make different colors with the code.
Maybe you saw that the code has 10 letters long. The "|cff"-part and then your color-code. The color-code has six letters or numbers and "describes" the color. For example you want to mark something in blue, it's this code:

|cff0000FF(YourText)

The first 2 numbers or letters in the color-code stand for how much red will be in your code. The second 2 stand for how much green is in your code and the third 2 stand for how much blue is in it. When you write

|cffFF00FF(YourText)

then your text would appear in purple because you mix red and blue. The F in the color-code means that you take as much as possible of this color. You can also write "110000" that would be a weaker red. So try this and mix the colors. I attached a word-document with hundreds of colors and on THIS link you will find the same on the internet.

I hope I could help you and hafe fun with the colors:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Attachments

• RGB-Colors[Word97].doc
    712.5 KB · Views: 496
Last edited: