• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Color Coding Text

It took me a long time to understand what the other tutorials for color coding meant, so I posted this.

To color code text, you have to type |c at the beginning of what you want to color. After that, but before any of the colored text, put 00, and then the code for the color.

To find A code for colors, use the simple math equation # x 16, where # is the number being multiplied (chart of possible numbers listed below). Then, add another number to the equation. Use addition add the answer to the first equation to the number you've chosen as the second. The answer to that is a number between 0 and 255. Then we use the RGB color system, like what you use for coloring units in the editor.

After those, you should have this: |c00RRGGBBText. Then you add |r to the end. Replace the R's with the number (what you used in the order that you used them) for red, G's for green, and B's for blue. Example below:

Chart on the right side, example in the middle. Don't use numbers in (), use the letter that they are next to.

1 Green
2 16
3 x 8 (8)
4 = 128
6 128
7 + 12 (C)
8 = 140
A (10) |c00008C00Text|r
B (11)
C (12) 8 was used first, and this is for a green, so we use that instead of
D (13) the first G. C (12) was used second, so we use that instead of the
E (14) second G.
F (15)

Questions? Comments? Send me a private chat message. If you want a list of certain color type, private chat me and I will send you some.