• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS for Music and Sounds [Awaiting Improving: Ralle]

Level 9
Difficulty: normal

Tutorial is used so that you can use your music or just use sounds in world-edit.
What will you learn is how to use JASS and how to import music to use in
your map.

First up if you are importing music to your Warcraft-map you will need to press (F12) then it will
Come up with a blank page with nothing but if you (Right Click) you will find something which will
Say Import Files. You will need to click that and brows for your music (.mp3) work. Once you have found
That close the Import manager now you will need to press (F5) then it will come up with a lot of music
On the side and a huge blank box if you got that good job! Now you will need to scroll down and look for your
Song but that’s easy to find because it will be the only one imported.

Ok then now you have got my point. Well that’s not all ^_^ you will need to right click it and there will be 2 options what you can choose Use as sound or Use as
Music, you will be picking (Music) because it is a song but if you are using a unit’s voice or an effect sound you can pick Use as sound.

Now you have done that I will show you the JASS way of life and what I mean by that is music sound used by
JASS well let’s get this started by pressing (F4)

Here is a JASS code of saying where the song will go.

JASS:
function Trig_Tut_1_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call PlayMusicBJ( gg_snd_SONG IS HERE )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Tut_1 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Tut_1 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Tut_1, function Trig_Tut_1_Actions )
endfunction
And the name of the JASS is called (Tut_1) the _ means space but yeah i wont get into a story about that.

Below is what is realy looks like.

JASS:
function Trig_Tut_1_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call PlayMusicBJ( gg_snd_Riot )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Tut_1 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Tut_1 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Tut_1, function Trig_Tut_1_Actions )
endfunction
You can do this with any sound but dont forget you will need to pick what sound/music you want Use as sound or Use as Music

~Hope yer liked if you dident then aww~