• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{CLOSED} Change-Log: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
It's not fair to call it "a crap"!
It's really good!
I need...the BETA! :3
While waiting, I will work on my own projects! :)

Do you seriusly like that old beta? Everything is poorly made. And the only thing that is good with it is the Camera, and the camera sucked. Maybe it was good at the time it was made but comparing to things that exist now, i dont like it at all. It doesnt deserve to be called WoW. :p

Level 25
Heh. Microsoft may release their stuff, but look at the outcome. (VISTA)... a huge steaming pile of expensive worthless shit not even worth taking a second glance at until six years worth of updates have passed us.

Though comparing a corporation with an indie unpaid mod is hardly even a valid comparison.

Level 18
evrything whats there is what you still need or? because the stormwind one you could prolly use the Statues from UTM i think. btw som of the links dont give a picture of what it is. i could prolly get you som models but i think you can get them yourself 2 its from XGM and your not a beginner in WE so you prolly know that site. if you could give me more information on what you need than i prolly can help you more.

Level 25
I have no interest in using World of WarCraft model exports in Wc3:WoW and it is against The Hive Workshop's official rules (as well as - I think - Blizzard Entertainment's rules) and since they are our most supportive affiliate/host, we must respect their set of rules accordingly.

All that is listed in the first table is needed to be done. I've searched a few sites extensively and haven't found anything good enough/accurate enough to the image references. Being that I want the terrain to be as accurate as possible, the usage of well-made accurately made models based on the reference images provided in the first post is required in order to make the quality and visual appeal much more appealing to the players.

Level 1
Im hopps they reles soon,. But do it in your tempo :) and great job, have a question

1:Will they be possible give a namen to carecter, not random WC3 namen, like my name
(Sry too my bad englis, but do my best)

Level 25
I and the rest of the team are trying our best to get as much as we can get done in as little time possible. Remember that this is a large scale project and that this is not some easy single-map task. We have to work on all 18 maps and code each, not to mention some parts of the development really rely on the artists to do their job as well.

Right now I'm working really hard on reterraining parts of Durotar such as Valley of Trials and am trying to move things forward with Orgrimmar too. I've got a lot of work to do and am trying to get as much as I can done by the end of this week. For that, if nothing interferes with me doing my work, I should have at least two presentable terrain screenshots to show off.

As for the BETA Tester people such as Eagle771, we're moving as fast as we can, as I've said. Please be patient and continue testing and reporting bugs, comments, and suggestions. They're extremely helpful.

As for this change-log, I'll work on updating it some more - it's very out-dated right now and there is some features in it that are a bit too much for us at the moment and may have to wait until the next version.

Level 3
Me?? Impatient? Mr.Craka... I am shocked... i am not even done testing the first map! theres just so much content to check out! I was just trying to give him some information based on what i was told... sorry Mr. Craka if it was me seeming impatient

Level 25
No problem at all. I'll try to get the BETA's terrain fixed up as soon as I can. If I complete about two, three, or more zones by the end of next week, you can expect another Closed BETA in July for sure. I want to finish Valley of Trials, Orgrimmar, and Thunder Bluff. Those are my three big objectives. Then I'll work more on Durotar and Mulgore to be larger, more accurate, and overall better looking.

I'm adding WoW sounds now to try them out in Wc3:WoW but they aren't working. Not sure why. Going to ask around the forums how to replace spell sound effects with new ones without the need of a special MPQ.

Level 25
Wc3:WoW will run like any other campaign. Here's the steps to getting it to run:
  1. You start up WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
  2. Click "Single Player" in the Main Menu
  3. Click "Custom Campaign" afterwords
  4. Select the campaign, "World of Warcraft"
  5. Click "Play" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Oh and here's how to install Wc3:WoW for those who aren't sure how when the time comes:
  1. Download Wc3:WoW
  2. When it's done downloading, go to your WarCraft III folder (is often in your C:\Program Files\WarCraft III\ directory) and go into the Campaigns folder which is inside of the WarCraft III folder.
  3. Now drag the Wc3:WoW campaign file (should be a .w3n) into the Campaigns folder.

Level 11
Wc3:WoW will run like any other campaign. Here's the steps to getting it to run:
  1. You start up WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
  2. Click "Single Player" in the Main Menu
  3. Click "Custom Campaign" afterwords
  4. Select the campaign, "World of Warcraft"
  5. Click "Play" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Oh and here's how to install Wc3:WoW for those who aren't sure how when the time comes:
  1. Download Wc3:WoW
  2. When it's done downloading, go to your WarCraft III folder (is often in your C:\Program Files\WarCraft III\ directory) and go into the Campaigns folder which is inside of the WarCraft III folder.
  3. Now drag the Wc3:WoW campaign file (should be a .w3n) into the Campaigns folder.

lol

Ok i get it :D.
I thought... coz before WoW should be multiplayer or at least RtC compatible game. :D But y now its just a campaign.

Level 17
That's why it will be compatible with WarSoc. For online playing.

They still havent decided if thats going to happen of what ive heard.
Becouse that means that they will have to redo almost everything expect models, textures and terrain. And that would be a pain in the ass and just be time consuming atm.
Think they will decided after the first open beta.

Level 17
ok thanks

any data on when is it gonna be? :D (cuz i can't w8)

I almost feel sorry for you when you say that you cant w8 cus if thats true (and it is ofc not true) you will not be able to play it.

You really think it is possible to answer on that? You never know what may happen in the future. It might go very well for them.
Or something horrible can happen that stops the project for a long time.
I dont think he is able to answer on that :S
What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.