• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when D3 comes out who's starting a B.Net Clan?

What are you considering naming these clans and what kind of preferences will you have for them?

Personally, i'm bringing back my old Necromancer Clan "Flame". I know there is a small chance of having Necromancers in D3, but I think our clan'll be filled with Nec skill lovers & mixed Witch Doctor characters.

Level 23
I guess I haven't thought about that yet:p

I have a clan in d2 now though, so maybe if my other friends there is going to buy d3 (which I am 99,99% sure of) we will invent our clan called CoAc. But well its a long time til then.

I'm not sure exactly which clan i'll bring into D3. In a ton of other games, I work with the "Ro.C". In D2, I work with the 'Flame' Clan.

Ro.C is alot bigger overall, starting to lose its 'collective IQ'. Y'know, more members who can't type out the entire word, don't know anything about real life, claim they have real lives and still fail and all of that. It's almost like every day, I get smarter or everyone else gets excessively dumber.

Level 34
I'll probably not play online a whole lot. I prefer to just LAN it, beat the game, and put it aside. Unless they make really good PK action. Then I'll get a Clan.

Level 27
I'm not sure exactly which clan i'll bring into D3. In a ton of other games, I work with the "Ro.C". In D2, I work with the 'Flame' Clan.

Ro.C is alot bigger overall, starting to lose its 'collective IQ'. Y'know, more members who can't type out the entire word, don't know anything about real life, claim they have real lives and still fail and all of that. It's almost like every day, I get smarter or everyone else gets excessively dumber.

Thought about younger? =p

Level 12
Clans don't serve much of a purpose really, just to give players control over a group of people :p The only difference between this and your friends list is the fact theres ranks, someones in control of you. Seriously all people do in them is playing games... Seriously no purpose, unless you can have actual clan battles that decide fates of clans, as in if leader loses in a clan battle against another leader, clan breaks apart. Or that clan auto merges, wont they be interesting?

Clans are usually more organized than groups of friends. In every game like D2, I always divvied up the clan members into specific 'squads'.

First Squad:
Primary assault
The First Squad usually did most of the damage, a decently sized group of tank players, accompanied by a ranged fighter/support unit.

Second Squad:
Crippling force
The Second Squad always went in with mages and healers to help strengthen the First Squad, aswell as slow, poison or harass the enemies we're facing.

Third Squad:
Two devoted healers, accompanied by four of my best, a summoner, a tank+dps, a healer/curser, a basic guard, aswell as myself.

In D2, during Clan Wars, we usually have to split our forces up into different groups.
Most of the Clan Wars consisted of "you die, you leave." terms before the war began.
A long while ago, I was a great tank/poison caster Necromancer. My strategy always consisted of:
Create a Bone Wall fortification around our Clan Members
Summon a Fire Golem and get my spells ready
Make sure I had 3/4 of my Belt filled with Mana Potions
Make sure I had 1/4 of my Belt filled with Rejuv Potions

No matter what type of character we faught, we almost never lost.

Paladins:
Even the fastest of them turn their attacks into an instant Kamikaze.
Have the best Bone mages cast 5-10 Bone Spirits and Decrypify/Bone Prison
Barbarians:
Many of them ran from the Bone Spirits, but using our faster running Necromancers we always forced them to run right into a wall using Bone Spears.
Amazons:
Bone Wall fortifications came in handy here, we all cast Bone Wall in the Amazons path and then mass Bone Spirit.
Sorceress:
We always wore Speed Sets, aswell as our Skill + Weapons & Jewelry.
Run from Sorc spells and then mass Bone Spear
Druid:
Read above.
Assassin:
If they try to sneak upto us, we simply use Poison Nova and encase ourselves in Bone Walls, massing Nova and Bone Spirit.

Personally, I managed to take out a few Paladins with melee, which seemed like quite a feat. For a Necromancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.