1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 14th Icon Contest is still in progress (and may be extended). You can still make it in time.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Terraining Contest #18 is finally up! Play through the maps and cast your vote on your favourite.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice

Charity

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by HorizonTal, Jun 7, 2008.

1. HorizonTal

HorizonTal
    I can't use JASS at all, then I basically don't know if what I'm asking is possible.

Wouldn't it be nice if using JASS we make a TFT melee map which works in ROC? I mean, is it possible to make a working TFT melee map using JASS and the world editor of ROC?
    If so, we should, for those poor guys who can't afford the expansion.

It would be nice even if we succeed in making a rough version of the expansion...

2. Kwah

Kwah
    I don't think that it should be that hard at all. Just copy/paste all of the units (or make new ones). It sould be easy to make identical. Blizzard might object. . . (lol)

3. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st
    The part of it could be done but it would take ages and it wouldn't be a fun game to play. I suggest you to forget about this idea for the sake of your sanity.

4. Kwah

Kwah
    Too true. If they are cheap/poor. . . I think that there is nothing we can do to help them without making ourselves cheap/poor.

It was a neat idea though.

5. ~Void~

~Void~
    I'm sure, if they have enough money for a computer, they can buy TFT for 15 dollars in a bargain bin, and if not, there are other ways of getting things like that. My point is, this is pointless.

6. HorizonTal

HorizonTal
    But there are so many people still playing on RoC...
    And all softwares should be free...

7. Formula1

Formula1
    We should just make awesome maps for em.......
    And make our own RTS using C++ and Assembly.....

Thats what we should focus on....

But then again...
    Doing this might be a step forward......

8. kkots

kkots
    Importing Unit Model Using Reign of Chaos

First read the thread... it's posted very long ago when I was a complete noob (notice my signature). You know that there's noticed the WinMPQ browser (download it from Tools section). So you'll need to create your TFT map, or take already existing one, and then create an empty RoC map (you can create TXT file and change its name extension to .. erhm.. pff.. w3m (I got it!)). Then you open any TFT map with WinMPQ and drag all files from there into your RoC map. The only problem is that you can't use TFT models in Reign of Chaos, but it's very easy to solve: you open the War3.mpq with WinMPQ and find the model name you need, then you drag that model, import into your TFT map before you enchant the RoC map, then set the some unit's model to that imported file. GL

And no tricks with the outminding JASS!!