• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Ui without changing standart ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
What part of the UI? All of it? AFAIK that sort of stuff has to be overwritten with imports, which means you can't change them dynamically. You have to overwrite one of the 4 base UIs to get your own, so you can never have 4+1.

Level 30
I ask because i make a map where you can choose between different races.
Like this:
Human
- Standart (Human)
- Draenei
- Scarlet Crusade
- Worgen
- Highelf
-Bloodelf (Special Event)
-Fel Elf (50 %)
-Wretched (50 %)
-Bandits/Mercenaries
Orcs
- Standart (Orcs)
- Mag'har Orcs
- Fel Orcs
- Gnolls
- Lizardwarriors
Undead
- Standart (Undead)
- Demon
- Nerubians
- Stalfos
- Forsaken
Nightelf
- Standart (Nightelf)
- Corrupted Nightelf

Do you know where i can put the Naga Race? Where would it fit the best?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This is not possible in WC3. The UI elements are almost entirely immutable during game sessions (exceptions being basic operations like hide). Some custom UI systems use object which are placed over some area of the map, usually a corner, that give the appearance of being a full screen UI but in reality they are just units/trackables in an environment. Even in the editor the UI layout is still immutable although imports and constants can change the UI textures to some extent.

In StarCraft II it is possibly to dynamically change practically every UI element during run time. One can even do the insane thing of having the food/supply icon change every 1/16 of a second to a different icon if one desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.