• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing the UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright, let me start by saying I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I will post here.

What I'm trying to do is change the UI, take the Night Elves for example. They have a border of leaves and stuff around their inventory and command box thing, whereas Humans have bricks and weapons I believe (sorry if I'm wrong on that). I have seen mapmakers change the UI to something more fitting to the map, and I was wondering how to do that. I'm making a Harry Potter themed map and it just didn't seem fitting to have bloody wood and skulls going around the inventory for some reason... :grin:
How would I change that?

Thanks!! :thumbs_up:

Level 5
The game interface which can be found under the advanced tab can help you edit your UI, but you need the pictures first, you can edit them out too, I saw some custom UIs in some RPGs, but not very often.

Level 15
This way the UI will take effect for all players.He might don't want to do this.For example,i use 2 different custom UI's in my map,one for each of the 2 forces.You can import the UI parts into special paths to change an already existing race's UI.This way you can change the UI only for Orcs for example.
Here are the paths:

UI\Widgets\Console\Orc\Orc-inventory-slotfiller.blp
UI\Cursor\OrcCursor.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile-InventoryCover.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile01.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile02.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile03.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile04.blp
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Orc\orc-cinematic-border.blp
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Orc\orc-options-menu-border.blp

These paths will overwrite the default orc UI,if you want you can overwrite another's race UI,just change the name.

This way the UI will take effect for all players.He might don't want to do this.For example,i use 2 different custom UI's in my map,one for each of the 2 forces.You can import the UI parts into special paths to change an already existing race's UI.This way you can change the UI only for Orcs for example.
Here are the paths:

UI\Widgets\Console\Orc\Orc-inventory-slotfiller.blp
UI\Cursor\OrcCursor.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile-InventoryCover.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile01.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile02.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile03.blp
UI\Console\Orc\OrcUITile04.blp
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Orc\orc-cinematic-border.blp
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Orc\orc-options-menu-border.blp

These paths will overwrite the default orc UI,if you want you can overwrite another's race UI,just change the name.

isnt it just the same? those paths are on the game interface menu right? but anyways I think yours is much easier cause he will just change paths of the imported files..

Status
Not open for further replies.