• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cannot get staff attachment to show up properly.

Level 6
Right. I imported this staff. I followed the import description. I see nothing indicating it hasn't been done properly. It's what the instructions say, from what I can tell:
1693695148571.png

Then I tried this little guide. Put the animation of an attachment into an item ability and get it to show up on the attachment points on the unit by adding the ability of the unit. Should be rather straight forward. Well, I've yet to find any unit, where it actually works. This is what I've done:
1693695515984.png

I've tried both right and left hand, a ton of units without anything in either hand. Nothing. It flat out doesn't show up if granted by an ability. On ANY unit I've tried, and believe me, I've tried a few so far.

So I tried the special effects trigger approach. No Hero unit, even empty-handed ones will let is show up. However, so far I found ONE unit, where it worked. But then I get this shit:
1693695829314.png

What am I doing wrong? I suppose it's been imported correctly, 'cause then Farmboy McRedneck wouldn't be seen holding it in game, but what is the deal?

I don't know what's wrong with the ability way, I made it work in the joined map.
As for the model, if it's too big, you're not doing anything wrong, the uploaded model is just enormous, you're going to have to scale it down with a model editor, you could also do it with a trigger I believe.

Attachments

• night-elf-staff-test-abil.w3m
    133 KB · Views: 1