• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Please help me with an attachment problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I am using this model http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1153/ in the cinematic contest. Its deadline is after a week so I would appreciate if somebody looked in to this before that. Basically I would need to attach something in the right hand of this unit. I've tried various commands, but none of them seem to work.

I converted it to mdl and the commands say
Attachment "HandLeft Ref" {
ObjectId 61,
Parent 22, // "Bone_Hand L"
}
Attachment "HandRight Ref" {
ObjectId 62,
Parent 27, // "Bone_Hand R"
I tried HandLeft Ref and HandRight Ref but it didn't work.

I hope you could help me by finding out the right command or better yet modifying so that you give it an attachment point to the right hand or change the command so that it would work. Thanks.

Level 19
I haven't used object editor, I used the special effect trigger to add an attachment.

It does not work. -_- That was the first thing I tried. :( Please, I would be very thankful if somebody actually tried this model or added the attachment point.

Level 3
The best way i see to do this is go into abilities >> Human >> Sphere Change Attachment points to left and right and set it to (2) put the weapon/etc in the Art - target and then it should work you can have it more than 1 attachment and it doesn't nessicarry have to be with the blood mage i have found that out from experience if you would like me to do it myself or see if it doesn't work just Private message me and i will be more than willing to help you do it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Open the model in Magos, and open the node manager. Show me a screenshot of the whole list it gives you.

Level 19
Open the model in Magos, and open the node manager. Show me a screenshot of the whole list it gives you.
I have never done this before. Well maybe I can try itr does not sound so hard. Now to download Magos.
EDIT: I don't know how to do this. I downloaded the War3 Model Editor by Magos and tried to open the model but it said can't find texture. Also I don't know where this node manager is.

I converted it to mdl and the commands say
Attachment "HandLeft Ref" {
ObjectId 61,
Parent 22, // "Bone_Hand L"
}
Attachment "HandRight Ref" {
ObjectId 62,
Parent 27, // "Bone_Hand R"

All blizzard models use "Hand Right Ref" and "Hand Left Ref" as attachment points. It appears that the model you're using lacks the spaces between "Hand" and "Left"/"Right"

If you add spaces and then try attaching the attachment to "Right Hand", it should work...

Status
Not open for further replies.