• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call a variable in String

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do i call an integer variable on array in a string? I'm trying to make it so my spell says: "Hurls a fireball from the palm of your hand towards the target, and calls another fireball down from the heavens, and when they collide, they explode doing (Variable[Level of Ability Being Cast]) Damage."
is this possible?

No, it's impossible to link tooltips (Object Editor exclusive fields) with triggers. However, if the spell itself damages with a static damage, e.g. 60 and not some stat-dependency, then you can mimic the default spells' tooltips, e.g.:
Calls down waves of falling stars that damage nearby enemy units. Each wave deals <AEsf,DataA1> damage. |nLasts for <AEsf,Dur1> seconds.
Those odd stuff are fields. Hit Ctrl + D to view them and refer accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.