• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

icon path of unit for a string without variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
is there a way to get the icon path of a unit for a string withou the use of a variable? i have some 30+ icons that i want to be able to use in a multiboard, and i'd rather not have to manually set variables and then call the variable name for the multiboard. it would be nicer if i could somehow call the icon path directly of a unit. the best way i can think of to use the icons of a certain unit is to make 30+ variable strings which are named the same as the 30+ units, and when setting the multiboard icons set them to the variable string by getting the unit name. but that's a lot of variable making. is there a more direct way i can use?

Level 13
that's cool. could you explain the custom value option? it sounds like the point value option that someone talked about in a 4 year old thread at thehelper.net. is custom value a unit data field like the point value? also, i asked it there but didn't get response yet, is point value applied to normal game mechanics like gaining experience or no? because it looks like all units are 100 point value so i'm guessing no...

Level 13
SWEET! i've been trying to figure out custom value for a long time now! thanks. so since you said it's the same as point value i'll take it to mean that i can screw around with both of these as much as i want with triggers and don't have to worry about weird game results with heroes leveling at the wrong pace or something.

Level 5
however you will have to care that you dont mess with custom value with different spells/systems...

custom value of units should only be used of ONE spell/system whatever ....since it can cause issues if more than one spell/system use the custom value of a unit...

Level 13
well that's fine since i don't like using other people's spells/systems unless i've modified it. and i wouldn't modify it unless i could understand it. no worries there. so far there are very few systems i've used from other people and the only ones i can think of off the top of my head are the timer system and the item drop system in my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.