• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

birth animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
how can i change a buildings birth animation? i tried making the building transparent, and using a dummy unit with the birth anim as its model, but the anim didnt sync with the building, so it looked weird. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Level 11
Their isnt any different kind of birth animations for buildings unfortunately. You could however trigger it so that once a building goes under construction that it starts at 25% of its construction time or something (so it at least can begin or end without having to go through all the animations).

try this..

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Town Hall
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Castle
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local effect SFX
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Set Point1 = Position of (Triggering unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Point 1) using Your model here
      • Wait 40.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffectBJ( SFX )
      • Custom script: call Removelocation(udg_Point1)
      • Unit - Unhide (Triggering unit)

Level 5
so would this sync the anim with the construction? cuz it looks really weird for the anim to restart in the middle of construction
and yeah, i can just set a trigger to kill the effect when the unit dies

EDIT: is it possible to make the effect different sizes for different buildings?

Level 5
the sizing is dependent on the model you use for your effect, so I would actually say using that way, no.. Also, to match with the time of construction, you'd have to set your own time.. I dunno this whole thing is kinda puzzling to me.. I'm still thinking of another way. Maybe ikill can help you out further.
All the best,
~Gloom

• Custom script - local unit U
  • Unit - Create 1 (Birth dummy) for (Neutral passive) at position of (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script - set U = GetLastCreatedUnit()
  • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s Birth animation
  • Animation - Set (Last created unit)'s Animation speed to.. (Your speed here)
  • Animation - Set last created unit's scaling to 2.00 (if you want..)
  • Wait - (A varing amount, this will be how long the unit takes to build)
  • Custom script - call RemoveUnit(U)
This is meant to fit with my last trigger's stuff. you can change the animation speed for faster/slower buildings.

Level 5
ok thanks +rep

gaa im trying to implement this, but im getting confused with the custom scripts. would you mind giving me a sample map with the trigger in it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.