• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Binders / Fusion System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So I played Binders for the first time a few days ago, and was horrified by:
- Extremely laggy binding system
- Using circles of power to purchase/upgrade/bind units
- Terrible balance
- Lame gameplay

The whole premise of the map, however, was pretty cool. So I made a (hopefully more efficient) system to bind units together, and since I'll probably never get around to making a map around it, I'm leaving it here in case anyone else is interested.

How it works:
Every unit receives the following properties, via triggers:
unit id (a unique integer number for each unit)
unit type
string tag (a 2-character string identifier to be used in morph recipes)
morph string (a combination of however many string tags of other units you like to combine to this unit)

So for example, a footman would have tag FT and a rifleman RF, and if you wanted to combine them into a Knight, you'd set the Knight's morph string to FTRF or RFFT.

Supports:
- Unlimited (except by wc3's string and your computer's processing power) tags in a morph, just set the morph string and the system will handle the rest.
Lacking:
- Support for multiples of a single unit type. It's a simple enough fix, I just haven't gotten around to adding it.

Attachments

• fusionsystem.w3x
    22.7 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.