• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Level 4
Lumber is gathered in the Night Elf fashion. Gold it mined by the mine itself after you summon it.

The primary difference is that instead of a food limit your units have a timer. The two ways to increase the timer are by killing enemy units or building a farm like structure.

Units are also summoned, not trained, as buildings have mana. I've created an ultra-aggressive race. If you'd be interested in play-testing it with me in a few days let me know.

Sounds interesting. Anytime during the weekend would be fine for me.

For some reason I'm getting 404 Not Found for that link, but its ok.
Oh and Kam what is that Turtle unit that MiniMage is talking about?
By the way I really want to say I'm liking your melee maps with all your custom stuff in it.

He's referring to the Goblin War Turtle model. I'll see about making it available when I get home - it's up to the author.

EDIT: As it turns out Rommel posted a link to all of Phoenix-IV's model packs on xgm: http://xgm.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=425440&postcount=336 It's in there.

I'll let you know Trilby.

EDIT 2: Added a screenshot of some of the new techtree.

Attachments

• feg5y76j8kl8.jpg
    feg5y76j8kl8.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
I'll be releasing an update soon. The purpose of this release is to get feedback from you guys. Specifically:

-How do you feel about the unit composition, their roles, and usage.
-How you think the third race should progress.
-Unit and spell suggestions for the Orc (Temple of the Damned) and Human (Mage Tower) magic units.
-Should I keep heroes at all? Currently you can vote to disable them at the game start. Besides the obvious balance issue they account for nearly 2000 kbs of data.

This version will lack an AI as it doesn't make sense to work on it anymore until all three tech-trees are worked out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Can you change the dark blue color in the OP to something lighter, I can barley even read the letters in that color.

Level 21
Paladings Reconstituion tooltip says 20% increased life regeneration, but when highlighting his buff it displays as 30%.

And its their roles instead of rolls in this text ->
-How do you feel about the unit composition, their rolls, and usage.

Now to the important points:

I felt the gameplay experience was too basic without heroes, so anyway if people would want to play without them they could use the already implemented voting system, therefore it should stay the way it is.

I will look think about more suggestions throughout the upcoming days.

P.S: Give us more player space to test it in a bigger scale ;D, 4 at least to have a 2v2

Level 15
The heroes were unique and was very well designed, don't get me wrong, the skills are magnificent. But if there's a voting, I would've vote for removal, because there are already too many units (I think that's just me) and also, BtT is already sticking too much on a Warcraft 3 themed game, old Warcraft 2 magic is fading away. But then again, its not really a flaw for keeping them.

I am afraid I don't have time to create a 4 player map right now.
I would be glad to offer one of my 4 player maps for BtT's development, just copy the terrain from one of my melee maps and use them for your project, if you think it it lacks water for battles, I could make something up, tweak it for naval battles. This is just an offer though.

Last edited:
If you want to make something I'd appreciate it. Please note some specifics though:

-I do not use Blizzard cliffs.
-Roughly 60% of the map needs to be water. Deep water is a strategic asset for naval units and should be placed accordingly. Expansion mines should also be more vulnerable to naval units.
-This water can't restrict movement of ground units.

Basically if you look at Severed Isles it should give you a good idea for what I expect. Any tile set is ok except Outland and Dungeon.

Level 15
If you want to make something I'd appreciate it. Please note some specifics though:

-I do not use Blizzard cliffs.
-Roughly 60% of the map needs to be water. Deep water is a strategic asset for naval units and should be placed accordingly. Expansion mines should also be more vulnerable to naval units.
-This water can't restrict movement of ground units.

Basically if you look at Severed Isles it should give you a good idea for what I expect. Any tile set is ok except Outland and Dungeon.

I could make those necessary changes, probably would use (4)Archipelago.

Level 15
So I didn't really got the chance to leave a feedback about the Lost faction, so it was a great add, no doubt about that, although its kinda rip-off version of the undead but its both art and combat wise. The mana usage for units was fair but the only thing is making it unbalanced it that the Lost didn't required food, also, this way, they can't buy mercenaries. I just felt it should have food to keep it much balance, otherwise, all factions should have no or with food.

I've nearly completed a 4 player map. I call it Frigid Wheel.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_051112_022109_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051112_022109_01.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 83
  • WC3ScrnShot_051112_023908_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051112_023908_02.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 96
  • WC3ScrnShot_051112_145949_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051112_145949_01.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 93
  • WC3ScrnShot_051112_161934_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051112_161934_02.jpg